Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSpud

There was a tweet that Morgan put out basically saying Ronaldo even has a pop at Neville. This is all absolute madness.

KeanoMagicHat

Tedious. Every thread derails down to this fanboy shit.
To be fair one of the biggest stirrers of this debate is Ronaldo himself, he nearly makes calling him the ‘GOAT’ a prerequisite to actually talking to him. He’s one of the most narcissistic athletes in history. There has never been someone in history who pushed himself media/PR/narrative wise as the greatest as much as Ronaldo, which is some achievement in a world where Pele exists.

Hughie77

Utd statement, reading into it firstly they have to talk to Ronny.
Hurry up and do it now, and get it sorted because if he's in the misconduct or gross misconduct he can get the sack, now if he wants this by doing this interview then sack him now, don't wait until after world cup.
Otherwise its going to be a disruption after when UTD need to be focused.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This just isn’t true. Legally in Spain you can’t reduce wages by more than a certain % which wasn’t enough
There can't be anything in law that stops you signing a fresh contract on totally different terms.
Or that there's not a way they could have worked it out.

JustAGuest

If it's true that he publicly called out on how Rooney looks (and I believe nothing these days online) then my last iota of praise for him has gone.

Whilst yes Rooney has been my favourite player in recent years, attacking someone for not looking as good is just unacceptable. End of.
As someone who is much less attractive myself, it's a typical thing where your achievements are overlooked by how you look and it's ridiculous.

If true Ronaldo has burnt his last bridge with me and for all I care he could've joined City or Liverpool.
It wouldn't be out of character for him.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
It doesn't really matter since we have Fernando Santos as manager. But I'd prefer to use him as an impact sub. Won't happen though.
I agree with you.
I like Portugal as a team but it will be all about Ronaldo and I think he will stink the place out.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not treating him like a global superstar essentially. That combined with the media scrutiny he's endured (Ronaldo is the problem etc) plus us not being in the CL, it's just a recipe for disaster. I can see the side of Ronaldo wanting out asap by any means.
That's fine, I don't mind him wanting out either, but this interview is pretty dreadful.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Does anyone think OT will turn on him?
I don't think they will get the chance.

It is highly likely that after the World Cup he goes home to Portugal then in the new year he will play either in MLS or for some smaller European team, maybe a Portuguese one. BUT with Man Utd. paying his wages for 6 months (approx. £10 million).

It is all very sad as it has tarnished not only his reputation, it is yet another small negative mark against Sir Alex, whom was very influential in his return. We haven't heard from him though (on this interview) and I bet we never do.

One part of the interview that is possibly correct: Man United haven't really moved on in the last ten years - the post-Sir Alex period, possibly because since Moyes' selection and up to now (the Robson/SAF/Gill think tank) he still exerts influence over the club.

However, it's a bit of a cheek of him to say this, when thanks to Sir Alex he has been so well rewarded financially, even if no more medals have been added to his long and illustrious history.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Joke of a club.

I bet we're still using the same lawyers from 2008

I doubt we even have a law firm at Carrington
Apart from just wanting to sh*t on the club at any given opportunity.

What exactly is wrong with the club seeking legal advice?

He'sRaldo

I’d say that’s exactly how he’s been treated. Any other player missing all of pre-season, fecking out at HT during a friendly, throwing hissy fits & refusing to come on as sub and all the while playing utter shite wouldn’t have been making squads.

Ronaldo has been given tonnes of unjustified starts and since the prick refused to come on, started 4 games and one as fecking skipper!!!
I'd argue United generally doesn't do the whole player superstar thing the same way other European clubs do. It's more about the manager over here.

Otherwise there'd be a lot more pressure on the manager to get the best out of CR7, which is probably what Ronaldo initially expected given his comments about how both Eth and Rangnick tried to get rid of him.

Redfan94

Just me who thinks it’s scummy to use what’s gone on in his personal life regarding his wife and his children as an excuse for what was quite blatantly an attempt to force the clubs hand in the Summer?

I feel that’s being massively overlooked among all the quotes.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Ronaldo and his camp may be many things but they are not stupid, thinking about this it seems that Ronaldo is looking to get sacked or released with no fee. He can then play the victim card and be in the shop window during the world cup and can pick a free move in January. Its no matter to me but very cynical from Ronaldo.

RedCurry

What's annoying is the focus should be on the emergence/excitement of Garnacho but Ronaldo sucked all the energy out of the room
I am glad that the limelight is off of Garnacho. We should be thankful to Ronaldo for doing this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There can't be anything in law that stops you signing a fresh contract on totally different terms.
Or that there's not a way they could have worked it out.
There actually is.

phelans shorts

Parties can mutually terminate a contract. Who would be the damaged party if they both agree? Unless UK contract law is much different that US contract law. Doubt it.
Well this is Spanish law, and it is much different. It’s to protect workers and while in in the case of footballers it’s not really necessary it stops scandals like we’ve seen in the UK with fire/rehire.

Glorio

Once we terminate his contract, I won't be surprised that he signed with the blue. Maybe he would take 20-30% what he is earning and beg Pep to sign him so he can become 2nd or 3rd choice forward so he can win another champion league and EPL. He can enjoy their technology and tub while screwing Utd.
No chance - Pep doesn't do egos. Either City or his agent played a blinder luring us in with our backward looking emotion-driven decision making.

USREDEVIL

Well this is Spanish law, and it is much different. It’s to protect workers and while in in the case of footballers it’s not really necessary it stops scandals like we’ve seen in the UK with fire/rehire.
That's pretty interesting. I'm actually an attorney in the U.S. Here we'd use equitable defenses to any underhanded tactics of "mutually" terminating a contract (wink wink).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s been attacked and black balled as the scapegoat of the team last season and the fans and pundits have talked nothing but shite about him. False rumors every other day all summer etc. He’s been put through the ringer when in particular last season he was far from the issue.

He’s responded too it and called out the club that has stagnated publicly which was correct. We have not heard the whole interview yet but the main and only thing upsetting fans is his lack of respect for ETH.

He would not just randomly say something like that without a reason, clearly their is some legitimate truth to this story and as stated before if it was about a lack of care/compassion for his daughter being ill especially after recent events then I don’t blame the man. He said nothing about the fans and he stated he loved the fans. I’m curious to see the full interview.

The fans will back the manager and look at things one sided but it will be interesting to see the long term view. Fans hater Mourinho blunt honesty as well and he ended up being correct about nearly everything he said.

Also when he said people at the club didn’t want him their last season either it makes perfect sense. The glazers or Woodward or someone didn’t want to feel the backlash/embarrassment of him going to City and he was brought in despite what seems to be many not actually wanting him their to begin with.

One thing I will say is Ronaldo truly made the worse late career moves I have seen. Juve he performed at a high level and he probably should have stayed their but he wanted to win the CL so he was going to City then he got sucked into old pals and Ferguson telling
Him to go to United and he let his heart make a decision over his mind. Bad decision.

The United fans will just look at him as the bad guy but an objective view would show their is a lot more to this.

Heck I’ll probably get multiple replies just for even saying an opposite view.

Grande

Not treating him like a global superstar essentially. That combined with the media scrutiny he's endured (Ronaldo is the problem etc) plus us not being in the CL, it's just a recipe for disaster. I can see the side of Ronaldo wanting out asap by any means.
I could see Ronaldo’s side if he wanted to not be treated as a global superstar now that he has scored one PL goal and the team consistently plays worse with him on the field. To ‘see the side’ of a delusional person however requires a lot of mental gymnastics. I can see the causes of it, but not the sense of it.

To be honest, at this point I mostly feel relief myself. If there was any ambivalence, it’s gone and simplified the situation. It is a breath of fresh air that Ten Hag has handled this in a way where Ronaldo has played out his whole hand and now just has to move on one way or the other.

DrogaPortoroz

Time is a cruel mistress. He should have some dignity and go quietly in the sunset. We are the same age , I am 38, man is behaving like a child.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Why exactly were we playing him the last few weeks if he’s been feeling like this? I don’t think ETH is anybodies fool. Our performances have majorly suffered with him in the team. I will be so happy once this is all dealt with. I was one of the very few who said this would happen when he signed. Worst transfer in the clubs history and that takes some doing so soon after Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.