Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

I wonder what Ronaldo said and then slapping him with his forearm on the head. Cancelo looked absolutely disgusted with him there in the clip :lol:

SAFMUTD

Is it really? I wouldn't be pally with him but they're all professionals and want to win the WC. Everything else can wait until after, no one's going to have it out over lunch on the eve of a tournament, unless of course they were all French.
Of course it is, it doesnt mean that Bruno wont play with Ronaldo or wont look for him. But its clear the relationship is deteriorated because of the interview.

Fully Fledged

Of course it is, it doesnt mean that Bruno wont play with Ronaldo or wont look for him. But its clear the relationship is deteriorated because of the interview.
I think every player that has turned up for Portugal is gonna a little bit annoyed that he has drawn the focus from them playing in the world cup to making it all about him.

MUFC OK

No, its a thing United have had since Fergie retired. Even Keanne prefers to say nothing about his troubles with SAF than sling mud in all directions. For too long "player power" or rather "players egos" have dictated Uniteds course, but ETH is slowly getting rid of the egos.
It's definitely a united thing. Not just Liverpool but the likes of Hesselbaink, Keown do not publicly slate Chelsea and Arsenal and their players respectively. I want to see our legends back the manager, players etc.

Gottabekiddingme

I wonder what Ronaldo said and then slapping him with his forearm on the head. Cancelo looked absolutely disgusted with him there in the clip :lol:
Ronaldo fouled Cancelo earlier in training and he tried to cheer him up

SAFMUTD

I think every player that has turned up for Portugal is gonna a little bit annoyed that he has drawn the focus from them playing in the world cup to making it all about him.
Also the fact that he's playing shit, and they all know it, but will still play every single minute wont help at all.

Pearl.Jam

Hopefully when he’s fvcked off all these lunatic Ronalod fans go with him, it’s ceased to be funny and is actually quite creepy how they can worship a dickhead.

RedDevil@84

"FFS man!! Pep Guardiola doesn't care about your underwear brand. You can't bribe him with that"

jmbmbPT

This guy is destroying his legacy in a couple of days in front of the whole world, on real time. Absolutely nuts.
You almost want to be in his shoes just to show him how to shut the feck up and live your normal billionaire life. But he cant.

I fear for my NT at the World Cup and his influence on the team. We needed a strong, united and focused Portugal team to be able to dream of winning the thing. Either I'm very wrong or Ronaldo just ruined that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I don’t understand how Ten Hag has disrespected him? Ten Hag has always said to the media that Ronaldo is in his plans even though his agent was looking for a new club for him. Ten Hag didn’t bring him on against city when we got battered so that the media didn’t have anything against Ronaldo. Ten Hag said Ronaldo was Poorly, not knowing he was in fact doing an interview with piers Morgan! Ten Hag has always defended Ronaldo and hasn’t spoken bad about him to the media, he has always said that he’ll speak to Ronaldo privately and that it stays between them 2.

Shai-Hulud

I don’t understand how Ten Hag has disrespected him? Ten Hag has always said to the media that Ronaldo is in his plans even though his agent was looking for a new club for him. Ten Hag didn’t bring him on against city when we got battered so that the media didn’t have anything against Ronaldo. Ten Hag said Ronaldo was Poorly, not knowing he was in fact doing an interview with piers Morgan! Ten Hag has always defended Ronaldo and hasn’t spoken bad about him to the media, he has always said that he’ll speak to Ronaldo privately and that it stays between them 2.
By not bending the knee. Ronaldo demands fealty from his managers. He is an insane piece of trash narcissist.

DJ_21

I wonder how disruptive this will be for Dalot and Fernandes. Maybe they're sharing the same views with Ronaldo about Ten Hag.
That would be unfortunate.
They should all be grateful that they even play for such a massive and great club like we are. We could of easily let Dalot leave and join a smaller team. I don’t think they’ll let Ronaldo ruin there careers, Ten Hag loves Bruno and making him captain each week and he’s a crucial playing in our team. Ronaldo does have a few friends such as Casemiro, dalot and Bruno, but they’ll all be professional and not let it disturb them.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Ronaldo fans. He would rip gas in a congested elevator and they'd ask who's wearing perfume. I've never seen a determination to attach a positive spin to everything.
Not only that they would be trying to capture that niche fragrance in a bottle and asking him to fart more to fill their lungs with it.

Grande

I think a lot of the posts are hypocritical considering all he’s doing in the interview is criticising UTD which is what all of us ever do on the Caf. Piers Morgan is his Caf and he’s entitled to it imo.
Inagree with you in that Ronaldo and Morgan should be on the RedCafe using aliases, ratjer than on international broadcast.
where do they find this people?
Why do they find these people?

RedDevil@84

You will need to wait for the full interview to get the context and nitty gritty of it. In general I don't understand this concept of 'disrespect', the likes of Rio and Keano keep talking about. Asking a player to sit on bench or come on with just 2mins left, is not disrespect, unless one is offended by pretty much everything.

mshnsh

Many people seem to think this is all thought out as a strategy. I get the feeling he is going a bit louco that after a lifetime of being the golden boy, he is that no more. The team, including his compatriots are on the side of the club and manager IMO and this must drive him even more up the wall, so the interview was a last cry of attention.

10 or 15 years from now Ronaldo will regret this and do one of those interviews where he admits a mistake and all is forgotten.

The greats never do go away in a respectful way do they? Ronaldo now, Messi at Barca, Zidane at internationals, Keane for us.. there must be some sort of major drama before the end. Going from mister perfect to just one of the players must be a major shock to the system and I can sort of empathise with that; they are human after all.

I am super proud of the team and the manager for keeping their focus while all of this was happening. If ever there were any doubts about ETHs ability to man manage, this puts an end to it. From young impressionable players, to experience (and even Ronaldo friends, like Casemiro and Varane) they all stood united and ignored the sad, end of the line temper tantrum that was happening.
The footballers you mentioned did not stoop anywhere near as low as Cristiano. For instance Keeno actually cared about the club when he lost his head during a mutv interview. Zidane acted in the heat of the moment and, the drama around Messi’s exit from Barcelona was created by Barcelona, not Messi. Its plain fanboyism to group him with those players.

diarm

Thank god Jesse was available to let us know his thoughts on the matter.

peridigm

I for one think we all owe Piers Morgan a great deal of gratitude. Without this interview, we might have needed to put of with Ronaldo's temper tantrums for the rest of the season.
The number on the back of his shirt is more indicative of his mental age than the legendary status it has with past players.

Member 101269

Ronaldo fans. He would rip gas in a congested elevator and they'd ask who's wearing perfume. I've never seen a determination to attach a positive spin to everything.

Nonsense; there are too many people who "believe" they "know" the truth and pointing fingers when they know nothing. This fan argument that keeps being mentioned seems presumptuous and lacking understanding of individuals thoughts. So that is two things that some using the internet seem to do (note the not absolute).

Rolaholic

As unpopular as he is on here, I always liked Lingard. The dancing and stuff didn’t bother me at all, he always came off as a decent lad who actually loves the club who grew up at.

It didnt end well but he's never once thrown the club under the bus, unlike a few of our players still currently under contract with the club...

The stuff he was doing in the community and with kids was always nice to see as well.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I wonder how disruptive this will be for Dalot and Fernandes. Maybe they're sharing the same views with Ronaldo about Ten Hag.
That would be unfortunate.
Dalot wont care about some weirdo boomer enough to ruin his chance of making it at one of the biggest club in the world on an upward trajectory.

Bruno has always been loyal to United fans and he is now captain, if he stayed respectful last season, he wont do anything stupid this season playing under a manager that fancies him.

They will celebrate with Ronaldo when he scores, put up with his antics during WC but thats all. I dont think its hard to do anyway.

DJ_21

The only good thing Ronaldo said in the interview was about the glazers not loving the club and not caring about the club. But it’s what we all know anyway. It’s alright for us to say it as fans but for Ronaldo to who’s happy getting his halve a million a week wages or whatever he’s on. He should stop taking his wages then and terminate his own contract…

Costa1903

Wish in his interview he was asked would you rip up your contract and walk away now with no money and Ill feeling! Bet he wouldn’t

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As unpopular as he is on here, I always like Lingard. The dancing and stuff doesn't bother me at all, he always came off as a decent lad who actually loves the club who grew up at.

It didnt end well but he's never once thrown the club under the bus, unlike a few of our players still currently under contract with the club...

The stuff he was doing in the community and with kids was always nice to see as well.
I don't think anybody really hates him, it was just time to move on and he wasn't pulling his weight.

He's since proven just like Dan James it was the right call. United have had a big issue of sticking with players far over their 'sell by date'. We have attachment issues as a club/fanbase in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.