g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
No money available for the midfield unless we sell, but now suddenly we can afford this? Glazers never learn.
This is a unique opportunity though and we simply can't let the City thing happen. Midfield is still a huge area of concern but this would still be a phenomenal move imo. I'd bin Cavani off the 7 as well he doesn't show enough respect to the cause.

AneRu

This would be entirely about PR for us. Funny that we've got the money for Ronaldo after an entire window of needing sales to fund the signing of a midfielder.
Tbf Ronaldo pays for himself, I bet my last dollar that the United PR machinery will milk this to death. I think, however, the Glazers know its too late and they are just pulling a PR stunt to make it look like they tried.

Drainy

Romano mentioned yesterday that Ronaldo was offered to us. So I would not call him out on this one.. these things change quickly
It's probably that which has caused the Glazers to panic.

The PR would be horrible if they turned him down and he ended up at City. That said if he ends up there now it would be so horrible.

Godfather

My balls are tingling. I can't take this, I'll log off. Also feck off Juve asking for Pogba in exchange

spiriticon

Why the feck are you all flight tracking. He's going to land in Manchester.

It's the taxi after the flight that you need to be tracking. :lol:

Precaution

He's already accepted City's offer, Juve don't want us having him as they want Pogba, put that muppet away boys, just like Football...he's not coming home.

Kag

No money available for the midfield unless we sell, but now suddenly we can afford this? Glazers never learn.
Inclined to agree. But then it is Ronaldo and I feel like I wouldn’t be doing it right unless I found this amazing (for now).

justsomebloke

City fan here - would you guys actually want to sign Ronaldo if he wasn't linked with City?

It feels like you're already loaded with players up top, and have a like-for-like stop gap goal scorer in Cavani already at the club. I can't see the sense in you signing him from a footballing stand point, who doesn't play to shoehorn him in?

City clearly just need someone to finish off the chances created and put it in the net, Ronaldo ticks that box for us.

Either way, comical transfer window so far.
I think you're right. Except about the transfer window being comical.

Smores

Love the guy as a footballer and he'd undoubtedly score goals. Awful signing though when the squad is overly stacked with players who can play LWF/CF
You what? Stacked with forwards?

Jagga7

30 mill for a 36 year old on massive wages who will demand to play every single minute of every single game, I'd rather City have him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is a unique opportunity though and we simply can't let the City thing happen. Midfield is still a huge area of concern but this would still be a phenomenal move imo. I'd bin Cavani off the 7 as well he doesn't show enough respect to the cause.
I'd rather we focus on positions we need. To do all this just to stop him going is just childish.

joedirt87

Mendes and Ronaldo trolling United into signing him by threatening to go to City. Well played.

I thought I read Juventus wanted a transfer fee which City wouldn't pay. Now the rumor is United want to sign and will pay a transfer fee but Juventus want Pogba? :lol:

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
Do you want him?
I would have said no for a long time as he simply doesn't fit our style or ethos. But the way things have aligned, Ronaldo seemingly wants a last push at major trophies that he feels Juve aren't offering, and City just need a player who'll poach goals. It makes sense as a short term solution for a couple of years.

From a footballing stand point, I'd be happy if he arrived, similarly with Kane (but personally feel Haaland would be the ideal overall solution).

Status
Not open for further replies.