Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leethal

Any outlay will be made back commercially ten fold.

Stop worrying about the financial aspect; we will probably turn a profit just off marketing him.

Ixion

I don't like him but I did not like the idea of him disrespecting us and Fergie by going to City and them winning the league with him so I'd rather dislike him in a United shirt. I thought it was the right call to focus on the development of our young forwards but it is what it is, him going to City would have been a massive slap in the face.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Even if he's a million years old, Ronaldo playing for United again is awesome. And I don't even like Ronaldo.

Giggs86

Wait what? Last I heard he was considering City? What's going on? Is there an actual chance of him signing for us? Is this really happening?

Fox outside the box

Nobodies getting a bit of work done today :lol:
I made one attempt to keep my screen from auto locking but my laptop has now just been discarded and anything that needs doing will be Tuesday's problem. This sort of thing makes me so glad to be working from home.

lex talionis

Do those who are skeptical of the wisdom of this move — and let’s be clear, it’s always right to ask questions — seriously doubt that Ronaldo is a significantly superior attacking force today than anyone else on our squad? The PL?

snk123

WTF HAPPENED!!! JUST GOT FREE FROM WORK. WHAT HAVE I FECKING MISSED!

kentafuji

So how many texts do you think Ronaldo woke up to this morning from the likes of Rio, Rooney, Evra etc telling him not to go to City

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I can’t help but feel like In 2 seasons we will look back and think of this as another expensive player we probably need to get off our books before we can free up cash and advance, and we mostly moved because city were interested. They end up looking smarter by adding 3 up and comers for the same wages. Only 1 needs to come good.

Hey I hope ronaldo leads us to the league and CL but like Juve and Portugal recently I can just see a lot of parked busses and frustrated prima donna on the biggest money ever earned in the PL.
Thats the spirit!

reelworld

I think the same. It basically means we have to win now and I'm not confident that will happen, I had hoped we would continue to build a team properly (maybe a midfielder and a striker next summer while looking at potential keepers) but instead this is now throwing everything at winning in the short term.
You can have Ronaldo now and still trying to get Haaland next season. He apparently willing to take a wage cut to quit Juventus, and he's not gonna cost much.
And lets face it, 36 years old Ronaldo is still leagues better than what Martial can offer. This is a no brainer

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Imagine how inspired our youngsters will be. Money can’t buy that. We may also attract big names who “just want to share the dressing room” with him

largelyworried

It's odd, before he went to Juve I was dead against re-signing Ronaldo. At the time I thought that he would just be a distraction from the rebuild that we needed. Now, if anything, Ronaldo is less of a player than he was three years ago, and yet I think this would be a good signing. Now we're in a very different place. He's a luxury signing still, but one that we can incorporate because so much of our rebuild has almost been completed.

Of course, I'd still prefer a proper midfield solution. But such is the transfer market, sometimes things come at you in slightly the wrong order.

Hanky panky

Skybet offers 1/4 for Ronaldo to United. Paddypower only 1/18. He is coming home. Btw, Bluemoon is funny to read currently.:D

JTW95

Gullible sausage
How can people not want this to happen? Would people would rather see Martial up front.

Don't care that he's 36 he still scored 29 goals for Juventus. More than anyone in our team has managed. He's going to improve us and City will will have egg on their face. If we sign him it's a huge win!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I agree. We've been burned on Sanchez and to a lesser extent Falcao and should have learned our lesson.

But it's Ronaldo.

RONALDO.

Emotions are destined to get the better of us.
It’s true. My 9 year old nephew is dancing around the house here all afternoon. :lol:
I feel bad. He came into me at about 11 this morning and goes I hear Ronaldo is going to United and I told him naaah he was on the way to city and just cause you like a player doesn’t mean United can sign them all. Little fella was right after all!

Redfrog

This is silly IMO. I'm happy we get Ronaldo since I always want him or Kane as our no 9 if we are signing no 9 this season but that means Cavani's extension contract was pointless.
No, Cavani will be needed, we play 50 to 60 games a season.
Funny how many people are complaining about City’s depth while thinking we need only a good player per position.

kentafuji

I can’t help but feel like In 2 seasons we will look back and think of this as another expensive player we probably need to get off our books before we can free up cash and advance, and we mostly moved because city were interested. They end up looking smarter by adding 3 up and comers for the same wages. Only 1 needs to come good.

Hey I hope ronaldo leads us to the league and CL but like Juve and Portugal recently I can just see a lot of parked busses and frustrated prima donna on the biggest money ever earned in the PL.
The info coming out is its a 2year contract. So, dont have to worry about offloading him at the end of it.

Coops73

I take a look at my phone at work a couple of hours ago, said to a mate “it’ll kill me to see Ronaldo in a city shirt” I get home, come on here and all hell has broken lose.

If this happens…football, bloody hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.