Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
If the number 7 shirt proves to be a sticking point in negotiations then that’s another reason why we shouldn’t be signing him. It’s the exact sort of prima donna shit Ole’s been trying to oust since he got here.
Nah. 7 = Ronaldo. You can’t sign him and not give him the 7 shirt, that would be utter madness.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Only because Raul was a club legend and everyone knew he was moving on and Ronaldo would take over #7 then.
Beckham had to take 23, if you want the move then you make do. if I was Ole I’d just say here’s the 28 which you asked for in the first place - take it or leave it. If the move falls through due to that then how much did he want it anyway?

SirAF

Ageist
Beckham had to take 23, if you want the move then you make do. if I was Ole I’d just say here’s the 28 which you asked for in the first place - take it or leave it. If the move falls through due to that then how much did he want it anyway?
Ronaldo is bigger than Beckham. If he wants 7 then he’ll get 7, and rightfully so. If the move falls through due to that how much did the club want him back?

It’s a moot point though, he’s not coming.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don’t understand how there was a clamour for Messi last summer, but Cristiano - his equal and one of the greatest players to ever play for our club is seen as a poor signing who wouldn’t improve us. :rolleyes:
If nothing else, The drop off in quality between our first 11 and the rest of the squad means he will offer plenty even just for a year or two.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He would be a misfit, a complete misfit. Just don't think we will sign him. Aa much as I love the guy, we shouldn't sign him now.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
31 million net, 600k a week after tax + a transfer fee + we already have an experienced striker in …it's 100% not happening.

KennyBurner

If Ronaldo makes his way back here I’m officially taking a break from football. We would have to be the dumbest club in the world to take an overpaid 36 year old player. Even Woodward can’t be that dumb.

jesperjaap

Messi staying in Barcelona. Something special about spending playing for one team instead of team hopping like ronaldo. Hope he ends his career in Madrid or united.

I would take him back even though he is a finished player... As a mentor.
Thre is something special about a one team player of course....the rest of the post though, deary me

ROnaldo moved as a youth player and spent six seasons with us, nine seasons at Real and currently is still at Juventus, would barely call that team hopping, had longer careers than a lot of players at each club.

As for finished as a player, so much obsession with age of players either being too young....such as Camavinga with 60 club apperances already....or too old like Ronaldo who is almost on a goal a game at Juventus and scored almost as many goals as our top two goalscorers combined this season.

Said last summer when we signed Cavani he would be if fit one of the top 5 strikers in the premiership and many negative posts in response. Think it goes without saying ROnaldo would be even at 36/37.

jesperjaap

31 million net, 600k a week after tax + a transfer fee + we already have an experienced striker in …it's 100% not happening.
ANy new contract is negotiable. Obviously we are not going to pay anywhere near that wage for him. He has to be prepared to take a drop in salary whatever club he moves to next as nobody would pay that. ALso, lets not forget he wishes to finish his carrer in Lisbon again if stories are to be believed..he has to and will take a smaller contract.

I am split down the middle either way on Ronaldo. Wage wise though, would you rather give a two year deal to Ronaldo for £400k a week or a four year deal to Pogba for £400k a week, Ronaldo costing £20m, Pogba probably selling for 3x that

TsuWave

my favorite United player of all time. would love to see him in red one last time

Hester_manc

29 goals in the league this season is the only thing, that makes me want him still. He is not fast anymore, but he is clever and has a winner-mentality.

croadyman

Not that I see this happening in a million years but presume it only becomes a slim hope if Juventus don't get top 4

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I can only assume people against him coming back are absolute idiots who have no idea of what football is and simply stumbled onto this site by mistake because they wanted to post about marvel films
No there are also people who feel that a top quality right winger who plays most games, a CB who doesn't always need Maguire alongside him to look decent and a CDM that holds position and can protect the back 4/lets us play Pogba in the center with Bruno ahead of him are bigger priorities.
Definitely more important than getting a 36 year old Ronaldo to rotate with Cavani.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think whatever happens, he's leaving Juventus soon. He's got more than enough money to take a pay cut at this point in his career if he wants to go to a team that can compete without breaking their entire wage structure for him (which no teams actually competing would at this point). Juventus want to get rid of his massive wages, so his transfer fee will be minimal (I'd be surprised if it's anything over 25-30m). The thing is, he's just not really needed at United IMO, he wouldn't fill a massive need, he's not a right winger, he's not a DM, he would essentially have to take Rashford or Cavani's position, it just seems like a publicity stunt than an actual valid transfer.

Varun

Staff
Head - He'll want at least 600k pre tax even if he takes a substantial wage cut. He's basically useless anywhere but upfront now and we already have Cavani there. The entire team will have to adjust again because Ronaldo's Ronaldo so we'll have to forget about our #9 pressing from the top.

Heart - It's fecking Ronaldo. If we're impressed by Cavani the #9, just think what Ronaldo will do for 2yrs. He'll probably bang in 60 goals over 2 seasons and win us a title.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Cavani proved you don’t need pace if you have movement.

That said, I still don’t want him back. I love the guy but it would be a peak-Woodward type signing that disrupts the team completely a la Sanchez.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Head - He'll want at least 600k pre tax even if he takes a substantial wage cut. He's basically useless anywhere but upfront now and we already have Cavani there. The entire team will have to adjust again because Ronaldo's Ronaldo so we'll have to forget about our #9 pressing from the top.

Heart - It's fecking Ronaldo. If we're impressed by Cavani the #9, just think what Ronaldo will do for 2yrs. He'll probably bang in 60 goals over 2 seasons and win us a title.
We would be league and CL favorites imo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh give over. He’s a contender for GOAT and a unique specimen but he’s 36 and will be 37 next season. He’s not going to be that big a jump for this squad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh give over. He’s a contender for GOAT and a unique specimen but he’s 36 and will be 37 next season. He’s not going to be that big a jump for this squad.
He would improve us significantly imo. 20-30 extra goals are the difference between us and 1st place. A squad with Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood will be very hard to beat.

Varun

Staff
Disagree about CL but 100% favorites for the league as things stand. Needless to say, both us and City will strengthen in other areas as well so there will be other variables in play but as things stand, Ronaldo to our roster definitely makes us league favorites. We ran City close with Martial up top, put a proper 9 there this season and there's no reason why we couldn't have won.

Him being 36 or 37 is fine, the discussion is about the next 2 seasons, not a 5yr plan. We've not had a proper striker for so long (since RVP really), lot of folks here have forgotten what it means to have a top 9. Most important position in football bar none. Just look at what an almost fit Cavani brings to the table and now think of Ronaldo who's better in every aspect.

Varun

Staff
He would improve us significantly imo. 20-30 extra goals are the difference between us and 1st place. A squad with Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood will be very hard to beat.
Tbf, the gap wasn't even that much this year. Ronaldo, hell even a fully fit Cavani the entire season and I think we'd have won the league.

Rojow

Only reason i would like this to happen is with a BIG IF, it's in the case we could marketing this deal like no other and have a massive return with sponsors for the next years.

In a football way, i don't wan't this to happen. It's not what the team needs.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Can he retire already please so this constant nonsense with him being semi linked with us can stop?
I really like him and continued to be a fan after he left us, I am also happy for him for all the individual and team titles he has won.
But it would be so typical of us after having lost him before his prime welcoming him back when he is nowhere close to the player he used to be.
Would be a disastrous sporting and financial decision if he actually joins us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don’t understand how there was a clamour for Messi last summer, but Cristiano - his equal and one of the greatest players to ever play for our club is seen as a poor signing who wouldn’t improve us. :rolleyes:
If nothing else, The drop off in quality between our first 11 and the rest of the squad means he will offer plenty even just for a year or two.
I'd sign Ronaldo ahead of Messi every time

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah but the problem is to fit them all. It's one of Cavani or Ronaldo and he doesn't like to be subbed.

Cavani didn't sign for warming the bench either.

Status
Not open for further replies.