Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He will play in the CL next season just like Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Aguero, Cavani and Messi. No way he’s off to Portugal. He should go to a better team though. Wasting his final years in Juve.

Nori-

Someone wrote earlier that Ronaldo "refused to play" tonight?

Cant see him doing that, especially with so much on the line and how professional he normally is.

Personally I would LOVE to see him at PSG next season. 1. He will almost be certainly be guaranteed another title in another country and maybe even top scorer again? and 2. Imagine Neymar, Ronaldo and Mbappe upfront.

Would be unreal.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
With or without him , Juventus is Juventus. We never depend on one or two players. This club sold Zidane and Inzaghi at the same time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why does Juventus not playing Ronaldo in their final game of the season, when they need a win to have any chance to secure top 4 spot?

1. Juventus decided not to play him because he has already informed them he will be leaving by end of season?

2. Ronaldo decided not to play to avoid any implications or risk to injury prior to his summer move, which has already been agreed in principle behind the scene? And since he has already secured top scorer award, reached 100 goals milestone and won all domestic cups for the club, there’s nothing else for him to play for this season, for a club where he won’t be playing again next season.

3. Ronaldo decided not to play because he is not 100% fit, or has a minor knock, unless it’s really necessary, in order not to risk himself getting injured just before Euro this coming summer? Being fit to play for Portugal this summer is far more important to him than playing last game for Juventus against a weak opponent, where even a win may not guarantee top 4 spot.

4. He has been playing far too many games lately without any proper rest, at 36 he simply need to rest, especially after playing cup final just couple of days earlier? He has already played 44 games this season, which to be fair is a lot for any 36 years old.

Last edited:

Lemon Moon

:drool:

[/QUOTE
I know mate! I believe he would make a big difference to any team as a member of the coaching staff as much as a player, tactically, emotionally, mentally. The guys a warrior and you can see how he basically already is a coach on the pitch, especially in the pic from this game above which was the Euro final? He got injured and became the manager. A pure winner.

Wherever he goes and as he naturally progresses into the latter stages of his playing career he will become more of a coach to his team.

And some snigger at the idea ...

Gonçalo Motta

Why does Juventus not playing Ronaldo in their final game of the season, when they need a win to have any chance to secure top 4 spot?

1. Juventus decided not to play him because he has already informed them he will be leaving by end of season?

2. Ronaldo decided not to play to avoid any implications or risk to injury prior to his summer move, which has already been agreed in principle behind the scene? And since he has already secured top scorer award, reached 100 goals milestone and won all domestic cups for the club, there’s nothing else for him to play for this season, for a club where he won’t be playing again next season.

3. Ronaldo decided not to play because he is not 100% fit, or has a minor knock, unless it’s really necessary, in order not to risk himself getting injured just before Euro this coming summer? Being fit to play for Portugal this summer is far more important to him than playing last game for Juventus against a weak opponent, where even a win may not guarantee top 4 spot.

4. He has been playing far too many games lately without any proper rest, at 36 he simply need to rest, especially after playing cup final just couple of days earlier? He has already played 44 games this season, which to be fair is a lot for any 36 years old.
Euro is coming in less of a month and he barely had any proper rest this season.

Based on some newspapers and sources apparently he was the one that asked not to play because he was feeling tired.

The red flag here is that Ronaldo is the kinda of player that fights for every goal even when injured and there was a CL spot on the line. The fact that he and Pirlo decided it was better for him to sit this one out, kinda makes me think he wasn't that worried about the CL spot because he isn't going to be there anyway.

On the other hand, it's probably his last Euro with Portugal so maybe he just wants to make sure he is at 100% and trusted the team could get the result anyway without him

Rojow

Good. He can stay at Juve and we won't hear more bs about him coming to United. At least not this year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know most of you lot don't want him back for a number of mainly logical reasons, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat as it would bring me joy seeing him back here. Sometimes the sentimental element is the main factor, cause what else is this about if not emotion.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I know most of you lot don't want him back for a number of mainly logical reasons, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat as it would bring me joy seeing him back here. Sometimes the sentimental element is the main factor, cause what else is this about if not emotion.
I could just see the Glazer PR machine going into overdrive here.
The entire Summer budget blown on one player, to appease the fans with the return of Ronaldo.
I think it will end in tears and disappointment.

Devil81

I have a feeling Juve will want him off their books, they know they have a serious rebuild and they will also know you can't build a team around a player who is nearly 37 years of age.

I don't watch much of Juve but from what I have seen he may still know where the net is but the reality is his mobility is on the decline and you would maybe get more from a younger player.

justsomebloke

I'd be gutted if we sign him. Should not be a building block at his age, and not suited to be a supporting act. Not to mention that he'll cost big money that could be spent far more wisely.

Teja

Juve went from Sign Ronaldo and win the CL to we're broke / can't afford him anymore / barely made top four / need to rebuild in a year. Amazing. We should pursue a Garreth Bale like deal and loan him for a year + get Juve to subsidize his wages.

If we sign him now, we'd pretty much screw Cavani over and relegate him to a backup role. We'd also have to build our team to carry him a bit because he's not really going to press / defend the same way that any of our other forwards do.

On the other hand, Mendes might be pitching it to the Glazers as a repair your relationship with fans with nostalgic signings type of deal. This bothers me a lot because it might actually appeal to them as they wouldn't have to spend a lot of money or do the hard bits around talking to fans, getting their input on how to run the club etc.

lsd

The Oracle
I'd be gutted if we sign him. Should not be a building block at his age, and not suited to be a supporting act. Not to mention that he'll cost big money that could be spent far more wisely.

Would be awful bringing back the greatest United player of the premier League era who is still very much a goal machine and a guy who has looked after himself so much and is still capable of playing for a few more years at the highest level

marktan

I don't want him back. He's only going to regress further and it'll be sad watching this iteration of Ronaldo, when I remember the 21 year old one.

If it was a 1 year contract on low wages ala Henrick Larsson then maybe but it's never going to happen.

mu4c_20le

Would be awful bringing back the greatest United player of the premier League era who is still very much a goal machine and a guy who has looked after himself so much and is still capable of playing for a few more years at the highest level
Most people didn't want Cavani on a free either, it was like pulling teeth getting them to accept that it was a smart piece of business. I wouldn't worry too much what the caf thinks.

gorky_utd

If he actually signs it will mean no Sancho or rw this summer. Rotation with Cavani for the striker role with Greenwood staying on the right. Although I would love Sancho, the idea of Cr7 again leading the line is tempting tbh.

tomaldinho1

Juve went from Sign Ronaldo and win the CL to we're broke / can't afford him anymore / barely made top four / need to rebuild in a year. Amazing. We should pursue a Garreth Bale like deal and loan him for a year + get Juve to subsidize his wages.

If we sign him now, we'd pretty much screw Cavani over and relegate him to a backup role. We'd also have to build our team to carry him a bit because he's not really going to press / defend the same way that any of our other forwards do.

On the other hand, Mendes might be pitching it to the Glazers as a repair your relationship with fans with nostalgic signings type of deal. This bothers me a lot because it might actually appeal to them as they wouldn't have to spend a lot of money or do the hard bits around talking to fans, getting their input on how to run the club etc.
As much as I like Cavani, we have a very average press so it's actually not that big a deal to sign someone like Ronaldo/Lewa/Kane who will be given no defensive responsibilities. He's also a better goal scorer than Cavani (which for me is the priority) and is rarely injured. I reckon we'll loan him for a year and also try for Sancho.

Your point about PR is bang on though, it's exactly what the Glazers will be thinking and probably also looking at the effect Brady had on Tampa.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Clearly has a huge amount of respect and admiration for Sir Alex but never really heard much about him talking about how he loved United as a club and the fans etc. I might be wrong but do not want anyway, rather invest in younger talent.

justsomebloke

Yes, I think it would. For the reasons cited.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I wouldn't worry too much what the caf thinks.
I wouldn't either.

But it's hardy comparable.

Ronaldo isn't leaving on a free. We have to pay Juve something to make it happen. And "something" for him would be plenty. Even in a Covid economy.

And his current wages, even at the lowest estimate, completely blows Cavani's out of the water. The latter is reportedly on something south of 200k p/w. Ronaldo would have to agree to a huge pay cut to be anywhere near that.

In short, if United were to buy Ronaldo - right here and now, and match his current salary, that would be a huge outlay even if he were offered just a one-year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.