Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sometimes things are best left as the incredible, almost perfect memories we had from first time round.

This is definitely one of those.

croadyman

Sometimes things are best left as the incredible, almost perfect memories we had from first time round.

My head totally agrees with you but my heart due to who he is would love to see him again, yes I know he isn't the dominant force of a few years ago but still think he could bring something to this team

Luke1995

I don't disagree. But at the bare minimum, he would be a sure thing to get double goal figures. Any striker we can have giving us 20 or 30+ goals per season we should take

Although obviously our attack already has a good thing going on and a massive high profile signing could take away that to some extent

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't disagree. But at the bare minimum, he would be a sure thing to get double goal figures. Any striker we can have giving us 20 or 30+ goals per season we should take

Although obviously our attack already has a good thing going on and a massive high profile signing could take away that to some extent
It wouldn't be extra to the goals we already have most likely.
We'd also have a circus of who takes the pens, number 7, and lose a bit of workrate from the front.

It'd probably cost about 400k a week too, and most importantly, he probably doesn't want to come back!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I have a sneaky feeling we will sign him this summer. He’s an absolute beast still and will play into his 40’s. He may be 37 but he probably has a body of a 27 year old, minus the explosive pace. But he doesn’t really need it anymore.

croadyman

I have a sneaky feeling we will sign him this summer. He’s an absolute beast still and will play into his 40’s. He may be 37 but he probably has a body of a 27 year old, minus the explosive pace. But he doesn’t really need it anymore.
Feel like it could only realistically happen IF we could move some big earners off the wage bill and they will be very hard to shift

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Feel like it could only realistically happen IF we could move some big earners off the wage bill and they will be very hard to shift
I don't think we have to, to be honest. Our wage structure isn't breaking at the seams and I think we could definitely put a package together and still get Sancho and a CB.

Luke1995

It wouldn't be extra to the goals we already have most likely.
We'd also have a circus of who takes the pens, number 7, and lose a bit of workrate from the front.

It'd probably cost about 400k a week too, and most importantly, he probably doesn't want to come back!
Sure man. For whatever it's worth, it wouldn't be worse than gambling on Di Maria or Sanchez.

It's strange that people were desperate for them to come here but aren't more hopeful on this one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sure man. For whatever it's worth, it wouldn't be worse than gambling on Di Maria or Sanchez.

It's strange that people were desperate for them to come here but aren't more hopeful on this one.
Ronaldo is 36 and hasn't played here for about a decade now.
Di Maria was at his peak, and Sanchez, we thought at least, was similar.
Both could/should have given us 4-5 years of top quality action.

Bringing a 36 1/2 year old Ronaldo back into this pace of league, with the memories of how he was the best when we had him last time, just seems fraught with danger for the money involved.

Luke1995

Ronaldo is 36 and hasn't played here for about a decade now.
Di Maria was at his peak, and Sanchez, we thought at least, was similar.
Both could/should have given us 4-5 years of top quality action.

Bringing a 36 1/2 year old Ronaldo back into this pace of league, with the memories of how he was the best when we had him last time, just seems fraught with danger for the money involved.
I can understand from where you're coming from. Well, it will either happen or it won't. There would be reasons to be happy and skeptical regardless.

Jericholyte2

Question we need to ask. Would a 36/37yr old Ronaldo be more of an attacking threat than our current forwards?

I can't personally see how anyone could say he isn't. He would instantly upgrade our front line.

Statue of Limitations

There isn't a PL club he wouldn't start for and would be an upgrade on any attack, including City.
As for a potential transfer for him here, I won't be upset if it happens, but for the amount of wages he would cost we could get 2 - 3 excellent players in.

lex talionis

Question we need to ask. Would a 36/37yr old Ronaldo be more of an attacking threat than our current forwards?

I can't personally see how anyone could say he isn't. He would instantly upgrade our front line.
I would love to know the names of caftards who argue that Ronaldo wouldn't massively upgrade the front line.

If his wages would create a problem in the dressing room, I get that. But if we're talking about football ability, there's not a lot to debate.

croadyman

I would love to know the names of caftards who argue that Ronaldo wouldn't massively upgrade the front line.

If his wages would create a problem in the dressing room, I get that. But if we're talking about football ability, there's not a lot to debate.
IF only we could clear DDG & Martial's wages off but lets face it no one in their right mind will pay them what we do

lex talionis

IF only we could clear DDG & Martial's wages off but lets face it no one in their right mind will pay them what we do
My theory with those two, talented footballers without question, is that both wanted out of the club at the beginning of this season. But the wages they're entitled to are a problem in finding another club. But I actually do believe both will be with new clubs when the new season begins.

Artorias

Let
My theory with those two, talented footballers without question, is that both wanted out of the club at the beginning of this season. But the wages they're entitled to are a problem in finding another club. But I actually do believe both will be with new clubs when the new season begins.
Lets hope so mate. We need the money.

lex talionis

Let
Lets hope so mate. We need the money.
I might be guilty of excessive hope, but Martial and De Gea have been with the club a long time and it seems to me that from their point of view it's time to move on. We know about Dave and his family, but Martial surely must miss life in his native land as well. He had a magnificent second half of the last season, but he seems bored with with Old Trafford, and perhaps frustrated that he's been fulfilled what he believes his potential to be.

To get their wish they'll have to accept lesser wages, but we'll probably have to accept lower fees than what they're worth relative to the potential they reach once again.

croadyman

I want to believe that but just looking at those huge wages just makes me think neither is going nowhere, then there is the added caveat of our owners apparently loving Tony and having zero intention of ever selling him

MS4

When he signed Ibra, we said we should have signed him a couple of years earlier. The same with Cavani.
He is now younger than when he signed Ibra. Let's do it if it's not too expensive. We need some experience along Cavani.
Just imagine Shaw crossing a Ball to the box with Cavani and Ronaldo waiting

Gordon S

Rumours every summer since he left now. Like clockwork. It will never stop will it?

Pep's Suit

There isn't a PL club he wouldn't start for and would be an upgrade on any attack, including City.
As for a potential transfer for him here, I won't be upset if it happens, but for the amount of wages he would cost we could get 2 - 3 excellent players in.
Zero chance Pep would want to work with Ronaldo.

AaronRedDevil

I don’t give a damn what any of ye say. We fecking need him. Especially when Kane goes to City.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Do we have anyone in the team with a mentality like Ronaldo's? We need winners, right now there are too few trophies in the dressing room.

croadyman

Do we have anyone in the team with a mentality like Ronaldo's? We need winners, right now there are too few trophies in the dressing room.
Yeah quite frankly after last night we desperately need some more experienced hungry winners in this team

Status
Not open for further replies.