Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Nice dive. Horrible game from him, again.
GOAT shows up when it matters.

TBF though this Juve team is absolutely horrible. Does not help there coach is non existent.

SirAF

Ageist
The Norwegian Barcelona/Argentina/Messi fan who has been here for six years but have less than 300 posts, who all are about Messi and Ronaldo, shows up in the Ronaldo thread again :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The Norwegian Barcelona/Argentina/Messi fan who has been here for six years but have less than 300 posts, who all are about Messi and Ronaldo, shows up in the Ronaldo thread again :lol:
They are obsessed. Despite how adament they are that their guy is better they spend so much time belittling the inferior Ronaldo. Maybe not as confident as they think they are.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
And how does that change that he was crap exactly? And a crystal clear dive. Incredibly weird that VAR doesn’t ask the ref to check the monitor.

SportingCP96

Supports
They are obsessed. Despite how adament they are that their guy is better they spend so much time belittling the inferior Ronaldo. Maybe not as confident as they think they are.
Because even they know it's not true.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
You mean exactly the same way the main CRonaldo brigade does the other way around?

SportingCP96

Supports
And how does that change that he was crap exactly? And a crystal clear dive. Incredibly weird that VAR doesn’t ask the ref to check the monitor.
Considering the amount of blatant cheating I have seen Barca do over the years can you really say that?

Anyways yes it does affect it when your team is absolute shit.

SportingCP96

Supports
You mean exactly the same way the main CRonaldo brigade does the other way around?
Barca fans and Messi fans practically live in this thread mate. After every game or performance here they come.

SirAF

Ageist
Barca fans and Messi fans practically live in this thread mate. After every game or performance here they come.
I'm just fascinated by someone who dwells on a forum for six years and almost exclusively post about a player he doesn't even like!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I think this partly answers the question (or the broader question about longevity, although the data's not perfect). Pélé announced himself in the '58 World Cup as one of the best players in the world at 18, and was crowned the best player of all-time 12 years later after scoring "1000" goals and reminding the world in 1970 he was O Rei. He was still topping the scoring charts 3 years later, but yeah, even the very best step down off that perch.

Nice to see Giggs has been omitted.... I mean

13 Premier leagues
4 FA Cups
3 League Cups
2 Champions Leagues
1 Super Cup
1 Club World Cup
1 Intercontinental Cup
1020 + appearances

There's also the 9 Charity shields if we count them.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Nice to see Giggs has been omitted.... I mean

13 Premier leagues
4 FA Cups
3 League Cups
2 Champions Leagues
1 Super Cup
1 Club World Cup
1 Intercontinental Cup
1020 + appearances
Not my fault he didn't make the ballon d'Or top 3! Gotta set some criteria.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm just fascinated by someone who dwells on a forum for six years and almost exclusively post about a player he doesn't even like!
Like I said they are legit trying to convince themselves Messi is better. It's cute but it's not 2012 anymore.

SirAF

Ageist

Like I said they are legit trying to convince themselves Messi is better. It's cute but it's not 2012 anymore.
I'm not even bothered if they think Messi or Ronaldo is better, but swarming the Ronaldo thread is just lame. Especially after Ronaldo secured three points that might end up winning the title :lol:

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nope, not on this forum anyway . Everyday there are Messi fans taking butter shots at Ronaldo though.

bakalhau

Just to add to my other post but in 5 minutes it gets encapsulated what this man is about.

His desire and will to push until the last second, after having had a clearly bad game (he'd agree with this surely, don't think he was happy, as per his body language) is just remarkable. Having scored, discharging all the adrenaline, realizing he was offside...

Then he gets up AGAIN, and if you see the penalty play, he wants the ball badly, he hasn't given up. Then obviously he just does what he had to do, just gets a fecking soft penalty all created by himself, a play worthy of an Oscar by itself and scores it himself afterwards.

Even when he's had it really rough, he just does not know what the word giving up means.

There's not just one kind of greatness in football. Ronaldos true greatness is his mind, and honestly one just oughta appreciate this man, and the other man. Different guys, different greatness, both truly special.

SirAF

Ageist
Just to add to my other post but in 5 minutes it gets encapsulated what this man is about.

His desire and will to push until the last second, after having had a clearly bad game (he'd agree with this surely, don't think he was happy, as per his body language) is just remarkable. Having scored, discharging all the adrenaline, realizing he was offside...

Then he gets up AGAIN, and if you see the penalty play, he wants the ball badly, he hasn't given up. Then obviously he just does what he had to do, just gets a fecking soft penalty all created by himself, a play worthy of an Oscar by itself and scores it himself afterwards.

Even when he's had it really rough, he just does not know what the word giving up means.

There's not just one kind of greatness in football. Ronaldos true greatness is his mind, and honestly one just oughta appreciate this man, and the other man. Different guys, different greatness, both truly special.
Well said. How many players would wilt under the pressure/disappointment after getting a goal chalked off in the 93rd minute?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I actually think it's a penalty. Although, I agree Ronaldo made it looks worse.

I have seen soft touch in football but as soon as they know they won't get it, they tried to pull their leg out to make sure they don't make any contact with the players means they had no intention to bring the player down and often they don't get penalty for it unless if it was already a late challenge. One of the recent example I remember was when Pique decided to pull his leg out from McTomminay last season.

But this one is different, it looks to me there was a touch and Sanabria didn't try to pull his leg out to make sure he doesn't make any contact with Ronaldo which where the downfall is.

el3mel

That's really a clear dive. Their rivals in Italy must have been raving about it since then haha.

Last edited:

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
You support Barca and Argentina for feck sake, get outta here. You're nothing special, every player at Juve had a nightmare of a game. They were all crap, they had moments that's all. And Ronaldo's moment won them the Game.

When was the last time you bumped the Messi thread?....

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
It’s quite incredible how he performs like this, yet he and his fans still act like him not winning all the individual awards this year is some type of scandal.
It's gotten to the point where Juve fans are literally calling for him to be benched at the same time that his PR campaign for the Ballon d'Or is in full swing

wr8_utd

:'(
However awful he is (and he's been extremely mediocre) he's just not a player you bench. His ability to dive in the 95th minute and then take a calm and zero nerves penalty is invaluable.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Has any footballer in the history of the game been among the best players for 13 fecking years?
Yes. Several. At least 3 of them are still playing right now, off the top of my head(cris is one of them)

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Ronaldo's crazy mom is dull. You can realize that just by looking at her face.

Edit: Funny statement though! :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Won't surprise me if Ronaldo believes that as well
Yes. Several. At least 3 of them are still playing right now, off the top of my head(cris is one of them)
I am struggling to think of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.