g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojoon

Depends if you have to spend money that would go towards improving the team into signing Ronaldo alone.

If you can build a team with the class Real have, then Ronaldo is the cherry on top, you can expend as much as you want, but if you're going to end up with United's current midfield + Ronaldo and Morata you're paying top dollar for end product with no one at the engine deck
I want another player who can constantly create because Pogba is our only reliable creator but Ronaldo can make average creators look great due to his movement. I doubt he's coming to United though for reasons listed by the new Marca article today.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yesterday his idea was to fulfill his dream of coming back to United, today we learn he's been considering PSG for a long time. Tomorrow the great reveal that Chelsea was the plan all over?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Can't quite believe this thread has 81 pages. This is never happening.
You think it's been 81 pages of "HES COMING"/ " :drool: " / *Ronaldo formation* ?

It's mostly people saying it's not happening, and repeating it again 2 pages later.

RedRevongge

I want another player who can constantly create because Pogba is our only reliable creator but Ronaldo can make average creators look great due to his movement. I doubt he's coming to United though for reasons listed by the new Marca article today.
Theoretically Herrera, Pogba, Mhikitaryan and Mata can create a lot of chances for him. Last season it was finishing and not creating that was the issues. If we had a 30 goal scorer to supplement the goals of Ibra last year we probably would have won the league

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'd take Lindelof and Ronaldo as our only signing this summer, if a homecoming would be a possibility.

Ideally:
Ronaldo.....................Martial/Rashford........Mkhitaryan/Mata
...........................Pogba.............Pereira..................
....................................Herrera.........
Darmian/Shaw....Lindelof.........Bailly.............Valencia
...................................De Gea.............

yiks! :drool:

TsuWave

It is when we need half a dozen players and don't have an unlimited amount of money.
again, building a team and buying ronaldo is not mutually exclusive nor do you need unlimited amount of money to do it

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rape allegation based on police record obtained by Spiegle.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...stiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-a-1143910.html

Don't know whether this is just a pile-on and settling doesn't equate presumption of guilt but disturbing for sure.
I'd imagine that sort of allegation from sexual partners isn't uncommon for these football stars. Especially if they were made to feel special and then realised they were just another notch on an already pitted bed post.

Unfortunately we will never know if it's true because she took the settlement. We will never know if it's false because it's an anonymous source and he will never get the chance to battle it in court.

InfiniteBoredom

I'd imagine that sort of allegation from sexual partners isn't uncommon for these football stars. Especially if they were made to feel special and then realised they were just another notch on an already pitted bed post.

Unfortunately we will never know if it's true because she took the settlement. We will never know if it's false because it's an anonymous source and he will never get the chance to battle it in court.
I just posted because the source of these documents is supposedly the same one that lead to scrutiny over his taxes. It'd be a risk for sure for both the player's and club's image if more of these stuffs surfaced in case we shell out a lot of money for him.

However, it's not happening, so probably just much ado about nothing.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So he is now rethinking everything and could stay? That is embarassing, even for Ronaldo's standard

Last edited:

gulli_G

hope this means we can concentrate on our original targets
Glad this farce is over, as soon as the news broke about Mourinho not wanting him, this has been resolved quickly, can't believe he used us again.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I knew he wasn't coming but frankly he can feck off with his hissy fits which he feels he needs to be air to the world.

Angelinho

Presumably Cristiano will now blame the whole thing on the media, and deny he ever wanted to leave.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well at least this one is dying a quick death. Glad not going to drag on all summer

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Thank god.
I mean I'd love him back but not at prices previously reported and at least we didn't waste all summer using the same sock.

Status
Not open for further replies.