Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Marcelo took off his shirt after scoring a just as irrelevant third goal and then proceeded to cry through the rest of the match. Whether it's the winner or not scoring a goal in a Champions league final is pretty euphoric and taking your shirt off is a pretty tame reaction.
Yeah, the difference is that the director cuts to Ronaldo at every opportunity because, well, he is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Coentrao was crying when he was subbed too. The bloody self interested heathen.! Why can't he just think of the team?!

Kallech33

My happy place. Where I kill more than time.
I think Ronaldo is a great player and was probably the biggest reason why Real were in the CL final but his celebration was a bit over the top considering his performance in this game where a lot of Real players were stronger than him. He didn't really have a great game even though I was impressed with his defensive work rate for once (compared to the lazy attitude in defense he shows normally). So maybe that made up for him being rather anonymous on offense.
Still I think if anyone should have celebrated the way Ronaldo did it shouldn't have been him but Ramos who had a great game and was the MOTM for me. (He is still a unlikable twat.)

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It just so happens that his persona is one that rubs me up the wrong way. If you saw me react to someone like Ronaldo doing something hideously self-centred and vain while walking down the street you'd know that.
Lot better thing to do than hypocrite like Messi though. I know comparison is not your point here, but in before anyone picks up on this as a + point for Messi in this amusing thread :lol:

Rossa

People actually complaining because he celebrated like a mad man and showed his pecks? The envy, the envy...He shows a lot of emotion on the pitch; when he scores important goals or in important matches he celebrates like it is the most important thing in the world, and when he plays poorly and misses sitters he looks disgusted, but at himself. Perhaps not everyone has to act like Scholes on a pitch to be labelled "normal" or whatever that term implies?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Wasn't even 50% fit.

Worried that he'll have a shite World Cup though. Real are good enough to win things when he's not fit/not playing well. Portugal certainly aren't and it'll all be on him in the end. He needs to be at peak fitness and he just won't be.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wasn't even 50% fit.

Worried that he'll have a shite World Cup though. Real are good enough to win things when he's not fit/not playing well. Portugal certainly aren't and it'll all be on him in the end. He needs to be at peak fitness and he just won't be.
Nah, he's got three weeks to get back to 100%, which is more than enough given that he just made it through 120 minutes.

Trizy

Everyone fuming over his celebration is laughable.. The man clearly wasn't 100% fit, still played 120 minutes and since he is obsessed with being the best it must have been torture for him to know he couldn't perform to the best of his ability so the fact that he eventually scored from a penalty he won and in front of his home country how can you blame him for his reaction? I'd go lunatic if I scored in a CL final even if we already had won.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wasn't even 50% fit.

I´m extremely worried too. When he played the Euro2008 with limitations we all know what happened. Actually pleased Pepe didn´t play and aggravated his injury. I think we wouldn´t pass group stages with a Bruno Alves/Neto or Ricardo Costa defensive partnership.

Revan

Assumptionman
It is quite funny. Despite a very average performance from him today, he almost ensured that he'll get the Ballon D'Or again. It will take Messi to win the World Cup (or an another player to have a Maradona-esque performance there) to deny it to Ronaldo.

On the other side though, Madrid wouldn't be here tonight without him, so it's all deserved.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah, the difference is that the director cuts to Ronaldo at every opportunity because, well, he is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Coentrao was crying when he was subbed too. The bloody self interested heathen.! Why can't he just think of the team?!
Lol, some of you lot are clearly missing the point. If it was that black and white, people wouldn't have contrasting views on the matter.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More people talking nonsense in here. He's the star man in a Champions League winning team...of course he's entitled to celebrate. His team-mates didn't seem to have any bother going mental with him. They wrapped up the CL final, of course they're going to celebrate properly. Some people here seem like they'd be fun at parties!

Anyway, read earlier today he's giving his CL bonus to the clubs technical staff. The selfish arrogant stuck up arsehole.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Who cares what he does it does not affect any one at all and i think he celebrated like that because of the victory not the goal were here to judge him as a footballer i like both Messi and Ronaldo but its like when people say " Messi is better because he is nicer" which makes no sense the truth is....The man is incredible an absolute legend and one of the games true greats yes he had a sub par game but he has been injured its a joy to watch him play and he never gives up will undoubtedly go done as one of the all time greats

The Man Himself

People actually complaining because he celebrated like a mad man and showed his pecks? The envy, the envy...He shows a lot of emotion on the pitch; when he scores important goals or in important matches he celebrates like it is the most important thing in the world, and when he plays poorly and misses sitters he looks disgusted, but at himself. Perhaps not everyone has to act like Scholes on a pitch to be labelled "normal" or whatever that term implies?
Most of the Ronaldo hate is out of jealousy. It is quite obvious.

Rossa

Most of the Ronaldo hate is out of jealousy. It is quite obvious.
You hit the nail on the head there, mate! If he was unfit and ugly as hell, people would just laugh at him taking off his shirt, but because he has actually bothered to work out ten times more than Rooney and thus reaps the benefits both in terms of football and appearances, he is full of himself. Stupid really!

Claymore

Wow, what a tw*t he is, had the game on pause a little behind live... saw Atletico nearly win the game after leading for ages then the game strangely sees Madrid winning 3-1 in ET, Ronaldo then gets a penalty and he scores a goal when the game was over so what does he do, take of his shirt and tense up like Lou Ferrigno with green paint on. He did piss all during the game as well and all that cry baby look every time he misses, such a child. Good game though, shame for Atletico, never should have been like that. Think VIlla was to blame, if he clears that properly, no corner. 1-0.

elisha27

Anyway, read earlier today he's giving his CL bonus to the clubs technical staff. The selfish arrogant stuck up arsehole.
This was 'leaked' to the press by a close friend. Generosity isn't quite as humble when you're advertising it.

CantonaGiggs1

people take incredible offence to ronaldo being slighted, it's really incredibly pity. all i see is accusations of ronaldo hate and bias against him when alot of the times the criticism is fair enough.

in any case, he had a poor game today, it was around the 70th minute, and i forgot he was on the field. reminded me slightly of the 2009 cl. not that bad, but he didn't dominate the game like it should be expected of him. scored a penalty, but di maria was far more important. Ronaldo is a striker, he isn't a winger. I wish people would realise that, but since he makes one or two dribbles in garbage time, people persist with this confusing concept. oh well, hopefully he has a better world cup. we'll see if it's the injury that held him back today, but i've seen many performances like this from cristiano, so i'm compelled to believe that that isn't an excuse.
Hopefully he has a better world cup? You think he can score more than 17 goals in the world cup?

Bebe

I'm happy for Ronaldo. Always been a big fan, but he has seemed to have almost completely lost the magic that once made him Cristiano Ronaldo.
Hard to judge that on this match, given his injury issues.

But I get what you mean. I miss when he'd dribble through teams the way Di Maria did today.

The Man Himself

You sound like him..

So whoever doesnt like him is jealous. Ridiculous.
Doesn't like him? For what. Anyway, to each on his own. I personally like great people who have no qualms about letting know how good they are( provided it is not someone who is average and thinks he is great, there are many such examples). If that make some hate them, it tells more about the haters...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I might have been unfair but that´s how i felt about your opinions of Ronaldo. I didn´t read that, i usually don´t read those Ronaldo vs Messi threads since i like both players (must be an exception in what concerns portuguese people :smirk:) and i find those dicussions tedious.
They are indeed tedious which is why you rarely see my posting in them which is also why you rarely see me praising Ronaldo. When you come in here to say something positive about Ronaldo you know it'll already be drowned out by gushing praise which is equally tedious to read so I don't really bother and that's what gives the skewed perception here.

At the end of the day if someone decided to take their top off and flex their muscles in a match I was playing in I'd think they were a bit of a knob and I don't think I'd be the only one. That's pretty much all there is to it on this one. I don't expect everyone to feel the same but I don't see why it's difficult to understand.

Lot better thing to do than hypocrite like Messi though. I know comparison is not your point here, but in before anyone picks up on this as a + point for Messi in this amusing thread :lol:
I have literally no idea what you're saying. Have I given a + point to Messi or have you? Congrats Messi either way.

People actually complaining because he celebrated like a mad man and showed his pecks? The envy, the envy...
You see it's this stuff here that is just ridiculous. Strangely enough not everyone cares about glorious pecks. Sporting achievement, fame and an incredibly toned body are way down on the list of things I (and dozens of others) value in life. I genuinely couldn't care less about any of that. If I were to be jealous of anything Ronaldo has then it'd be more to do with his family, the ability to contribute significantly to charities etc. If you admire him because of his sporting achievements and body then that's great, that's normal, but it's also normal that some people value these significantly less than you. Sometimes people don't like his persona simply because they don't like his persona. No underlying motives, no hidden agenda, it just is what it is. Haters and celebrity jealousy. Seriously, this place.

Mali_Zeus

Doesn't like him? For what. Anyway, to each on his own. I personally like great people who have no qualms about letting know how good they are( provided it is not someone who is average and thinks he is great, there are many such examples). If that make some hate them, it tells more about the haters...
For what? You really think there are no reasons not to like him?

All right, you have your opinion, I have mine.

The Man Himself

For what? You really think there are no reasons not to like him?

All right, you have your opinion, I have mine.
Nobody is stopping you from disliking. Just that if those reasons come across as flimsy, others will say so. It is not like he goes around biting players like Suarez or is racist. All he does is, show off proudly when he achieves what he desires. Hardly anything wrong in it.

Mali_Zeus

Nobody is stopping you from disliking. Just that if those reasons come across as flimsy, others will say so. It is not like he goes around biting players like Suarez or is racist. All he does is, show off proudly when he achieves what he desires. Hardly anything wrong in it.
That's not the reason I dont like him, but I dont want to get into this argument, you obviously adore him, I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.