Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah it's probably getting a bit late, but every time I generally see him cross they seem to be pretty spectacular in terms of pace and accuracy.

Who are among these countless others though?
Hazard, Baines, Griezmann, James Rodriguez, Cazorla off the top of my head. There are more.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hazard, Baines, Griezmann, James Rodriguez, Cazorla off the top of my head. There are more.
:rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous.

I'm by no means a Ronaldo fan but on the rare occassions when he isn't playing like a selfish prick his crossing is brilliant.

Lothar

Roffaldo :(.
"My future is Madrid. I'm happy this season is going well and my future, I will not speak about, it does not make sense."

His future is Madrid, but he will not speak about future because it doesn't make sense? Or he is speaking about 2 futures, one which he can't talk about yet?

"not thinking about moving back to Manchester United just yet."

Of course not. The transfer window isn't open yet.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Two points really. First, nobody is placing Maldini alongside Maradona and Pele. Second, apart from 2002 when he was well past his best, there was no World Cup where Maldini underwhelmed with his peformances. He was an important cog in perhaps the best international defence of all time in Italy's 1990 vintage, a defence that looked and was unbeatable until Zenga flapped at a speculative cross in the semi-final. He was a star of the show in 1994 and shone again in 1998.
I was responding to the Ronaldo v Zidane comments... and just trying to point out that Ronaldo/Messi have done alright considering their supporting cast at International level, so that if they do go onto enjoy further success in the european cup (with memorable displays to boot) they could push themselves higher up the GOAT ladder and lessen the effect of the 'haven't done it at international level argument'. I'm fully aware of Maldini's greatness, the point was it is more individual performances that count rather than international success because depending on the luck you have in terms of the nationality you are born with... you may never get a genuine shot at landing the title or even featuring in one i.e. George Best. You're talking to a guy who refuses to put Cristiano with the likes of Pele and Maradona... it'll take a lot more than breaking goal-scoring records for me to be convinced, but a quality brace in a CL final against say a Bayern/Barca... a magical performance in a really important club game against recognised top quality opposition which leaves us all breathless - these are the moments which can elevate such players in comparison to other greats.

kouroux

:rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous.

I'm by no means a Ronaldo fan but on the rare occassions when he isn't playing like a selfish prick his crossing is brilliant.
Don't be stupid yourself, I never said his crossing wasn't brilliant, just that there are many other better players than him at it. Argue with the invisible point if you want.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
c 3 CL Finals, 2 goals, one penalty -the 4 of a 4-1 victpry in the minute 119- and one penalty missed against chelsea

and he broke the CL record of goals scored in one season, scoring 17 goals, of which 15 had no impact in the game

sorry, but thats the truth
That's a whole new way of looking at goals scored now, key goals and no impact goals. Interesting stats.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo and Messi would be remembered as best 2 players in the world 40 years from now. I don't think anyone can match their supreme goal scoring record, no. of trophies and individual awards won for a long long time. And our grandchilden could only rate them from the special edited video footage, which would probably looks even more impressive and dramatic than they actually were.

kouroux

Ronaldo and Messi would be remembered as best 2 players in the world 40 years from now. I don't think anyone can match their supreme goal scoring record, no. of trophies and individual awards won for a long long time. And our grandchilden could only rate them from the special edited video footage, which would probably looks even more impressive and dramatic than they actually were.
I feel lucky to have witnessed these two in their prime on my telly.

Spoony

The People's President
c 3 CL Finals, 2 goals, one penalty -the 4 of a 4-1 victpry in the minute 119- and one penalty missed against chelsea

and he broke the CL record of goals scored in one season, scoring 17 goals, of which 15 had no impact in the game

Word.

acnumber9

well. scoring the 4th goal in a 4 to 1 win, at the 120 minute, has no impact,

deal with it
What other goals have no impact? Does scoring the second goal in a game have an impact? He scored three goals against Juventus that led to a 2-1 win and 2-2 draw. So either way you're a little off in your stretch to lessen his achievement.

Cal?

CR7 fan

I checked up to match day 4 and it was already clear you're talking out of your ass as usual when it concerns Ronaldo.

The first goal in a 4-0 win v Copenhagen, both goals in a 2-1 win over Juve, the first goal in 2-2 draw away to Juve.

Now which of those 4 are considered as no impact? :confused:

Lu Tze

Since when do goals in matches that later turn out to be wins not count? See: Any match with a comeback ever. Scoring those additional goals puts matches to bed which is vital. What a stupid idea.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Are we down to this tediousness? Do normally people cry over hattricks scored by players if the win was 3-0 or something since the last two goal are useless or without impact?

It is not that simple anyway. Ronaldo may have scored the 3rd goal against Dortmund last year but that turned out to be like a winner in the end since they won the tie 3-2 on aggregate.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
£140million? No thanks. Rather buy Falcao for the £40million along with.....

Vidal
Rues
Hummels

Although I wouldn't complain one bit even if we did end up paying that because he's fecking brilliant, actually I think I'd rather take Ronaldo tbh :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
£140million? No thanks. Rather buy Falcao for the £40million along with.....

Vidal
Rues
Hummels

Although I wouldn't complain one bit even if we did end up paying that because he's fecking brilliant, actually I think I'd rather take Ronaldo tbh :lol:
£140m includes the wages...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Those articles aren't even worth discussing. They seem completely fabricated.
All the so called reliable Journo's are running with the story, so I assume someone has briefed them.

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
All the so called reliable Journo's are running with the story, so I assume someone has briefed them.
They are as reliable as your use of apostrophes. Sorry, apostrophe's.
Like Madrid have won their league three years on the bounce ? Nothing is guaranteed.
Sensible comments are not welcome in this thread.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rooney - Falcao
Ronaldo ------ Di Maria
Blind - Herrera
Shaw - Hummels - Someone Else - Rafael
De Gea
Theoretical formations :drool:

kundalini

So Woodward's been briefing the press again I see. It's a win-win story. Woodward/United look great for being willing to pay such a huge amount (without ever actually having to pay it). The papers love stars like Ronaldo (beats having to write about Smalling, McNair or Thorpe), regardless of the chances of Real Madrid selling at this point being minimal in the extreme. Imagine being the Real Madrid President who sold Ronaldo. Chances of him getting re-elected wouldn't be good. Add in minor factors like Ronaldo hating Manchester's weather.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So Woodward's been briefing the press again I see. It's a win-win story. Woodward/United look great for being willing to pay such a huge amount (without ever actually having to pay it). The papers love stars like Ronaldo (beats having to write about Smalling, McNair or Thorpe), regardless of the chances of Real Madrid selling at this point being minimal in the extreme. Imagine being the Real Madrid President who sold Ronaldo. Chances of him getting re-elected wouldn't be good. Add in minor factors like Ronaldo hating Manchester's weather.
The weather :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.