Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's such a douchebag.
He's a massive, massive, massive douchebag but I still don't find him unlikeable. There is this underlying gawkish nerdiness about him. He's like the kid at school that seems to be loud and extrovert and you worry what he's going to be like in front of your parents if he comes to your house for tea and then when he does he sounds ridiculous because every other word is please or thankyou.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
God he loves himself doesn't he? Feck me - he should win this award every year until the end of time - because I don't think there is anyone in the world who loves, or would love winning the award more.

Well, apart from maybe Zlatan.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I had actually never seen this yet, thanks for sharing.

What an unbelievable will to be the best. Absolutely unreal dedication, massive respect for that.
You're welcome.

Cina

He's the sort of person I should hate but for some reason like.

Although I always did have terrible taste in women.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's a massive, massive, massive douchebag but I still don't find him unlikeable. There is this underlying gawkish nerdiness about him. He's like the kid at school that seems to be loud and extrovert and you worry what he's going to be like in front of your parents if he comes to your house for tea and then when he does he sounds ridiculous because every other word is please or thankyou.
Hehe - that ain't bad.

I can't bring myself to permanently disliking the fecker either - no matter how he comes across at times. I find much of what is obvious about him more comical than genuinely unlikeable.

Bwuk

It's his arrogance that makes him as good as he is. He believes he is the best, and strives to prove he is.

A winner. I'd love nothing more than to have him back at United. It's rare to hear anyone who's played with him have a bad word to say about him? Perhaps Ruud as Ronaldo was taking his spotlight, but that's about it.

RedFish

He's a great player to watch and is one of the greatest players ever.

But

My God he is so easy to dislike, he really does sum up everything to hate in modern football.
.....and as great as his goal scoring exploits are , there are so many more players I'd prefer to watch. His records are amazing but for me, he"ll never match the magic of watching a Zinedine Zidane, Cantona, Romario, Ronaldo, Maradona or.......Messi!

Last edited:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You almost feel he was stupidly arrogant this year because he feels this might be the last time he wins it and might as well leave a mark of some sort. That or he's just being ronaldo.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Surprise, surprise.... let me guess, your top 3 is Messi, Maradona, Cruyf.
Do you have a problem with what I do in life or what I like? Why am I not surprised that you have a problem with what other people thinks?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You have to hand it to him for the mental fortitude to survive being beaten by Messi repeatedly and then turn the tide in his favour.

Just a ridiculously good player, and a dickhead, but a likeable dickhead.

Red Stone

Quite frankly, considering all the things he's got going for him and the work he's put in to get there, I'm shocked he isn't even more of a cock. I know I wouldn't be able to handle myself if I was in his shoes. Best footballer in the world, great looks, great body, great-looking girlfriend, more money than he'll ever be able to spend, marketability through the roof. Can anyone say their ego wouldn't explode if that was your life? The remarkable thing is how he's continued to improve at his sport despite all the distractions everywhere. Every second of his life is a 110% effort at trying to get better at what he does. I can't imagine the type of mentality you need to be so extremely focused on one thing in the way he has for the past decade. What a machine he is, an absolute monster.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You almost feel he was stupidly arrogant this year because he feels this might be the last time he wins it and might as well leave a mark of some sort. That or he's just being ronaldo.
I think he's simply loving all the accolades and trolling all the ABRs. Everyone one of us might react the same way if you're constantly being compared to another player and constantly being called this or that while the other person is seen/treated as a saint that never does wrong.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Top footballer, on and off the pitch. Best United player I've seen in my lifetime.

And seems like this year can be his year, also.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
God he loves himself doesn't he? Feck me - he should win this award every year until the end of time - because I don't think there is anyone in the world who loves, or would love winning the award more.

Well, apart from maybe Zlatan.
He's the hardest working footballer in the world, possibly the hardest working athlete besides Kobe Bryant maybe.

So yes, he deserves it.

Listen, the Ronaldo story is sensational. He's going to win #4 next year and haters are gonna continue hating..but in all honesty we should sit back and enjoy the talent we see before us. It's astonishing to have a player like him in his peak.

Sb_16

"In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."
You know the lot, don't you?

Hamadovich86

He is such a douche but come on look at what he said about United its impossible for us not to love him:lol:

Anyways congrats to him, completely deserved without a shadow of a doubt he was the best footballer in 2014 :)

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I think both of them are douchebags in their own way. Messi's sulking every year due to either wages, managers or tactics are equally cringeworhty.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
"I live in La Finca, Pozuelo de Alarcón. My name is Christiano Ronaldo. I'm 29 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise and beauty routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."
:lol:

Can't believe people take an individual award this seriously. I liked it better when it was nondescript and in the convention hall of some Swiss hotel. What an absolute parody of itself it's become.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ronaldo added: “Of course this goes to Manchester United fans as well.
Everything at the beginning of my career was in Manchester. It’s for the
fans of Manchester United because I know they are supporting me all the
time.”

"It's also for the gaffer. I’ve not yet spoken to Sir Alex. I speak with him often. For sure I’m going to have the opportunity.
“All the time Sir Alex used to say to me ‘Cristiano, you’re the best don’t
worry about the rest.” It was fantastic. I miss him.

From his presser
Such a teaser isn't he….:drool:

Love Ronnie.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ronaldo added: “Of course this goes to Manchester United fans as well.
Everything at the beginning of my career was in Manchester. It’s for the
fans of Manchester United because I know they are supporting me all the
time.”

"It's also for the gaffer. I’ve not yet spoken to Sir Alex. I speak with him often. For sure I’m going to have the opportunity.
“All the time Sir Alex used to say to me ‘Cristiano, you’re the best don’t
worry about the rest.” It was fantastic. I miss him.

From his presser
:drool:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Congrats to him. Fully deserved. Never seen a player with the desire he has, people talk about him in so many different ways but he is a true winner and that's what puts him above anyone else.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Such a privilege to see one of the all time best of the game in his prime. Very deserved award.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think he deserves nothing but respect; in spite of his immense talent, he is still the hardest working football player in the world, and continues to improve at 30 years old.

So many players over the years had more (or comparable) talent, but couldnt be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.