Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp88

It does really annoy me that he had to make himself the centre of attention in two of the biggest moments in Madrid's season with his celebrations.
He went missing all game, takes a penalty late into extra time and acts like he won them the game.

kps88

Who cares how he celebrates? He gets 10 seconds in the limelight and then the game goes on. Scored a goal in a CL final in his home country; he deserves an over the top celebration.

zing

Zingle balls
It does really annoy me that he had to make himself the centre of attention in two of the biggest moments in Madrid's season with his celebrations.
That celebration against Bayern.. :/

Castia

Happy for Ronaldo but a shame on a selfish level that he didn't finish his career with his 1 Champions League win with us.

17 goals though, that's crazy.

LARulz

He was the one who tracked back to stop the Atletico counter which led to the Real counter for Bale to score didn't he?

No, I am not saying it was down to Ronaldo (down to Di Maria in my opinion). Just an observation that he was willing to go back and help

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Who cares how he celebrates? He gets 10 seconds in the limelight and then the game goes on. Scored a goal in a CL final in his home country; he deserves an over the top celebration.
Yep. He scored a boatload of goals for them in the CL this season too. Let him celebrate however he wants.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Such an arrogant, self-absorbed arse. Was crap tonight, but never mind he gets to score the final goal from a penalty and show his muscles to the crowd. Feck off.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
17 goals on the way to Decima. Incredible achievment for Ronnie.
How dare he celebrate his incredible achievement with enthusiasm! I bet the disgraceful human being even paid the director always cut to shots of him. Awful awful person!

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He was anonymous all night then scores a penalty when they're already 3-1 up in the final minute of extra time and that makes him centre of attention. Fcuk off following him everywhere flexing his abs and show us WTF happened for Simeone to spit the dummy out.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
When you cop as much shit as he does I don't see the issue when you want to rub it in when you're successful. 17 goals in one cl season and people carry on about this, you wonder why he does it.
I think you've got the order of that mixed up. He "cops shit" because he does these things instead of letting his football do the talking. "Look at me, look at me, I'm incredibly vain and self-centred, don't you all just love it?" Celebrate with enthusiasm...that's what Bale did. He completely lost it and celebrated the fact that he actually had a crucial role in Madrid's biggest game in years. It wasn't about him or his goal, it was about what the goal contributed to. Ronaldo celebrated the fact he got his name on the scoresheet in Madrid's biggest game in years and put himself back in the limelight.

Phil

Funny everyone getting grumpy about him celebrating.

You go ahead and keep cool when you score in the European cup.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

It's not celebrating though, it's the whole taking the top off and showing his muscles to the crowd. So arrogant and self-absorbed.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

It´s a lost battle. People hate him when he doesn´t celebrate, when he does, it´s the usual agenda. Can´t understand the animosity towards a former player that gave his all in football and financial terms but i suppose it amuses me.

Kag

He worked his arse off tonight. People always look to get on his case, but I love the bloke. Phenomenal player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think you've got the order of that mixed up. He "cops shit" because he does these things instead of letting his football do the talking. "Look at me, look at me, I'm incredibly vain and self-centred, don't you all just love it?" Celebrate with enthusiasm...that's what Bale did. He completely lost it and celebrated the fact that he actually had a crucial role in Madrid's biggest game in years. It wasn't about him or his goal, it was about what the goal contributed to. Ronaldo celebrated the fact he got his name on the scoresheet in Madrid's biggest game in years and put himself back in the limelight.
I like Ronaldo but this is nail on head.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It´s a lost battle. People hate him when he doesn´t celebrate, when he does, it´s the usual agenda. Can´t understand the animosity towards a former player that gave his all in football and financial terms but i suppose it amuses me.
It's because he's an arrogant twat. No one finds it's strange he celebrated, but the whole take the top off and show the muscles thing has to be one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen in football.

He worked his arse off tonight. People always look to get on his case, but I love the bloke. Phenomenal player.
He was crap tonight. Granted he's had a superb tournament and was vital to Real Madrid winning it, but he was poor tonight.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
He was honking tonight. Not shocked at the way he tried to grab the attention though, I mean come on it's Ronaldo we're talking about :lol:

kps88

Should have collected his medal shirtless to further piss people off.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
At the end of the day who gives a feck. When you've done what he has this season you can do what you want.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
This is sort of like people criticizing Terry for his celebration during the 2012 final or making fun of Suarez for crying this season. If a less polarizing player did it no one would care but, since it involved players that plenty of people disliked anyway it became a big deal.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's because he's an arrogant twat. No one finds it's strange he celebrated, but the whole take the top off and show the muscles thing has to be one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen in football.

He was crap tonight. Granted he's had a superb tournament and was vital to Real Madrid winning it, but he was poor tonight.
Who cares? Getting worked up because of details like that...i wouldn´t care if Sporting had a player like that aslong he contributed with goals and effort. I couldn´t care less about his abs, his hair or his eyebrows. I´m indiferent about that circus. Only care about him, Pepe and Coentrão being fit for the world cup. The rest are details that don´t interest me at all.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
any of us that score a goal in the CL final would celebrate as he did or worse

in fact i'd show my cock and balls to the crowd and thell them to suck it and call it "big"

ricky-romeo

:lol::lol::lol:
he is a twat for his celebrations. i bet he would have not celebrate as much today had not for that penalty goal.

anyway, 17 CL goals, how many goals this season.. and of course he has 2 goals in 2 finals now. still the best player in the world. for sure he is not fully fit doesn't he?

Phil

Bloody Ronaldo making sure he's first the lift the cup, it always has to be about Ronaldo.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's a bit strange that you can't possibly understand that people have different views on people's actions. I'd even go as far to suggest that the alternative view might not even be agenda-driven. If he celebrated like Bale no-one would even mention him. Surely you can see that? It's nothing to do with "fecking hell, it's that greasy Portugese knob celebrating again, I wish he'd just piss off", it's to do with how he actually celebrated. If Ramos did that everyone would call him a knob and no-one would even argue against it. It's just that people take some kind of offence to Ronaldo being criticised or have this misguided view that an kind of negative view is because of an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.