Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Not a surprise. Half of Caf have still Neanderthal mentality.
Hence the love for Phil Jones despite the clear evidence he'll never be good enough. He flings himself around like a madman so therefore he's great and a promising young centre back.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Coped very well today considering who he's up against, fair play to him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hence the love for Phil Jones despite the clear evidence he'll never be good enough. He flings himself around like a madman so therefore he's great and a promising young centre back.
Or for that matter for Smalling who has been average to not say shit since November but he still is one of the most highly rated player here cause he's tall and strong.

Robbie Boy

Lukaku is the type of player that will apparently expose Blind for the shit defender he apparently is. Am......

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not a surprise. Half of Caf have still Neanderthal mentality.
It's nothing to do with any sort of mentality. The reason people have had their doubts about Blind is because he's often poor positionally, struggles to cope against physical/fast players, and often looks a bit out of his depth as a centre-back.

Done very well today though.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's nothing to do with any sort of mentality. The reason people have had their doubts about Blind is because he's often poor positionally, struggles to cope against physical/fast players, and often looks a bit out of his depth as a centre-back.

He has been our best CB in this season though, despite all those things, and despite that it is his first season here.

People made their decision that Blind is shit as CB in the preseason and there is nothing he can do (bar growing a few inches and adding a few pounds) to change their opinions.

Minimalist

Compared to who though? Which of our centre backs have better positioning? Smalling? Rojo? McNair? Jones? Carrick?

I have no issue wanting a better centre back. I do have an issue with folks who desire the likes of Phil Fecking Jones to replace him (not saying you are one of these).

9/10 times he's performed just as well if not better than Smalling. And the 'struggle against fast/strong striker' thing is genuine meme at this stage, it's just not true (at least he's not on his own at struggling there).

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He has been our best CB in this season though, despite all those things, and despite that it is his first season here.

People made their decision that Blind is shit as CB in the preseason and there is nothing he can do (bar growing a few inches and adding a few pounds) to change their opinions.
Not at all. Some of his main detractors have praised him when he's played well. And I'd still give the edge to Smalling as our best CB this season, albeit despite his relatively disappointing second half of the season.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Compared to who though? Which of our centre backs have better positioning? Smalling? Rojo? McNair? Jones? Carrick?

I have no issue wanting a better centre back. I do have an issue with folks who desire the likes of Phil Fecking Jones to replace him (not saying you are one of these).

9/10 times he's performed just as well if not better than Smalling.
Smalling has better positioning than him. And I'm not denying that he's our second best centre-back. That wasn't the argument of the post I was responding to though.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not at all. Some of his main detractors have praised him when he's played well. And I'd still give the edge to Smalling as our best CB this season, albeit despite his relatively disappointing second half of the season.
Since November there isn't a month that Blind hasn't completely outperformed Smalling.

We'll see what happens in the end of this match. noodlehair will criticize him for sure or passing instead of hoofing the ball.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Since November there isn't a month that Blind hasn't completely outperformed Smalling.

We'll see what happens in the end of this match. noodlehair will criticize him for sure or passing instead of hoofing the ball.
Noodle's admitted when Blind has actually played well, though, and his criticisms with Blind aren't for passing the ball. I'm not sure I'd agree with the assessment of Blind vs Smalling too: there was a period when they were as poor as each other. Glad they seem to be past that now though.

Raw

Man of the match. Hopefully that puts to bed any final doubts about him playing against big powerful strikers.

Walters_19_MuFc

Super. Vastly underrated at centre back. Today, like on other occasions, he has proven that he can mix it with the more physical strikers. Really good performance.

El Jefe

Best player in our squad imo. He has his weaknesses but his technique and reading of the play are excellent.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
With defenders like Stones and Laporte going for huge amounts, I wonder what should be his price?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a super player. Won't be surprised if he could play CF at a decent level.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So can we now agree that anyone who still doesn't rate Daley Blind is an utter penis? Ok, good. We're still waiting for that big, strong centre forward to bully him, and he's faced a few. He struggles against pace more than strength IMO, but that goes for just about all defenders who don't have pace themselves, of which there are plenty.

Hopefully the injury isn't serious. He didn't go for treatment, and was on the bench as the game finished, so I imagine it was just cramp and tightness.

prath92

doesnt matter if he plays well. when he has his next bad game, @Akash and @Bojan11 will be here saying that anyone who has seen him play knows he is brainless and how his positioning is poor.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Did great but Lukaku wasn't all that today. We defended quite well. Some people like to judge based on a game. That's fine. He looks more a defender certainly then a midfielder or full back and he's doing well.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
doesnt matter if he plays well. when he has his next bad game, @Akash and @Bojan11 will be here saying that anyone who has seen him play knows he is brainless and how his positioning is poor.
I have 9 posts in this thread. What the feck are you talking about?

You're so obsessed.

rooney2009

In the top 3 of our best and most consistent players this season,hugely impressed with him.Very good player

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Noodle's admitted when Blind has actually played well, though, and his criticisms with Blind aren't for passing the ball. I'm not sure I'd agree with the assessment of Blind vs Smalling too: there was a period when they were as poor as each other. Glad they seem to be past that now though.
He absolutely has criticised his passing a few months back, I remember pulling him up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.