Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Excellent performance today, dealt with Lukaku perfectly and it's far from the easiest thing to do. Hopefully the injury isn't serious.

Mike09

He wasn't bossing Lukaku at all, in fact he got out-muscled by Lukaku but he dealt with Lukaku smartly. Intelligent! Good game today.

prath92

I have 9 posts in this thread. What the feck are you talking about?

You're so obsessed.
I remember you posting that he was the most brainless player you have seen (or something like that) after one of the games.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He wasn't bossing Lukaku at all, in fact he got out-muscled by Lukaku but he dealt with Lukaku smartly. Intelligent! Good game today.
Lukaku didn't beat him, not once. That's the definition of bossing.

marlowe78

Absolute class today. We should get a CB in the summer to play with Smalling but he is a very intelligent player, very valuable to have.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Absolute class today. We should get a CB in the summer to play with Smalling but he is a very intelligent player, very valuable to have.
Don't get this, he's been pretty good this season. Who'd you get to replace him? A centerback should be the last player we should buy. We need a creative midfielder, striker, right winger before it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh but remember guys, he's too slow, too weak and a classified midget. Absolute top class again from blind and I don't think there's anything he can do to win over certain people. If he played for Barca I think people would rate him so much higher and honestly he'd be absolutely brilliant in Barcas back four.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Don't get this, he's been pretty good this season. Who'd you get to replace him? A centerback should be the last player we should buy. We need a creative midfielder, striker, right winger before it.
We could still do with a backup, Rojo is shite and Jones is always injured. TFM, Williams, and Axel are all promising but you don't want them as your only backups. I'm looking forward to bringing in a CB and Blind routinely outperforming them.

Mike09

Lukaku didn't beat him, not once. That's the definition of bossing.
And every time Lukaku "out-muscled" him Blind still came out on top of him by being a motherfecking boss.
It depends what kind of bossing you are talking about. I already mentioned, it's about being out-muscled which Lukaku did out-muscled him a lot. It's muscle vs brain. Muscle won but brain did the recover and strike back.

LouisDanGaal

Evertons tactic today was so obvious, get Lukaku to isolate Blind and get your shots off from there, I was hoping we would have had schneiderlin buzzing around to help but didn't even need him, Blind is just a very very good player. I actually think he assumes a lot of responsibility in the team, he seems one of our most vocal players. Always want him in the team regardless of position.

marlowe78

Do we want to go into possibly 4 competitions (CL or EL) with Smalling, Blind, Rojo, and TFM as our only options?
We could still do with a backup, Rojo is shite and Jones is always injured. TFM, Williams, and Axel are all promising but you don't want them as your only backups. I'm looking forward to bringing in a CB and Blind routinely outperforming them.
Yea, this is what I was getting at. Our viable CB choices are Smalling, Blind, Rojo, and TFM. TFM looks like a good talent but he's too young and it's starting to look like Rojo doesn't want any part of playing here anymore. So we basically need at least 2 CBs for next season and you would hope that at least one is top, top quality. I'm not going to start tossing out names like Ramos, Silva, Godin, etc. (realistic or fantasy) because I'll be virtually slapped.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Excellent performance. Best player on the pitch by a mile, although job was made easier as Lukaku was isolated and there were no runs being made

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Yeh but remember guys, he's too slow, too weak and a classified midget. Absolute top class again from blind and I don't think there's anything he can do to win over certain people. If he played for Barca I think people would rate him so much higher and honestly he'd be absolutely brilliant in Barcas back four.
He'd be perfect for Barca but they can feck off.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's fecking wonderful.

Danny and Mrs Blind brought the world a masterpiece on 09/03/1990.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Guy's a class act. Comfortably the best player on the pitch.

Moonred

He has always been an intelligent player. However he has limitations that he can't do much about and gets exposed at times. Today, he was very good.

Jig1234

Blind is everything John Stones aspires to be. He has been fantastic. For me Blind & Martial are Van Gaal's parting gift.

Devil81

I once made a statement on the newbies forum, I said that if Blind had pace to burn, he'd be one of the best in his position in the world. He was playing in midfield at that point, I stand by that comment today.

Positionally and technically he's outstanding, he reads the game and controls the football as good as anyone. He just lacks the pace to be known as top level.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
If Smalling had put in the performances Blind has this season the praise would be bonkers. Blind cops shit for not looking like a center back and having no physicality. I think instances like when Lukaku tried to drag him into a physical battle to slip Lennon through on goal and Daley didn't take the bait show that most of the time he doesn't suffer from not being physical.

Also love his attitude. Him, Lingard, Fosu, first 3 future squad players we should hang on to.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Blind at centre back is one of the few good decisions LVG has made in his time here. He's been consistent all season.

Sylar

People would be happier with him if we signed him as a CB and this was his first season tbh.

He was immense today. One of his best performances this season.

Raw

He's played the full 90 minutes (and 120 if you include the Boro League Cup game) in all but 6 games this season. 2 of those he was on the bench, 1 he played 73 minutes, 2 he played 82 minutes and 1 he came on as a sub and played for 26 minutes. So in 41 games this season he played the full game.

His longevity is incredible, good thing he's getting a nice big rest in the summer.

VanGaalEra

This guy is so intelligent and pivotal in starting our attacks with his passing out from the back.

He's been our best CB this season and that's quite something when you consider the caf experts opinions on him playing CB at the start of the season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's great to see he's finally getting the plaudits he deserves, it's incredible how long a stigma lasts despite hos performances.

Norris

I dunno what it is about him, but every time people on here think, he will get embarrassed by the likes of a Lukaku or a big powerful striker, he comes out on top. Lukaku was outhought by the little fella. It was a fantastic display of one his key strengths; reading the game. He did it beautifully. That interception on Lukaku's back flick to an onrushing Cleverley (I think) was the highlight of his performance.

At the start of the season, I just like many doubted if he could play at CB. Those doubts faded away quickly and I am loving him as our playmaker from the back. Whether he is the natural successor to Carrick or not, I don't know (It depends on whether United buy a CB in the summer), but I am going to enjoy watching him at CB whilst he plays there. :)

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I once made a statement on the newbies forum, I said that if Blind had pace to burn, he'd be one of the best in his position in the world. He was playing in midfield at that point, I stand by that comment today.

Positionally and technically he's outstanding, he reads the game and controls the football as good as anyone. He just lacks the pace to be known as top level.
The pace criticism is of course relevant, but it's incredibly rare to be as good on the ball as Blind and very pacey. The two things just don't go together.

SoCross

Masterclass yesterday. Distribution was good as well, simply outstanding.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This guy is so intelligent and pivotal in starting our attacks with his passing out from the back.

He's been our best CB this season and that's quite something when you consider the caf experts opinions on him playing CB at the start of the season.
Him and Smalling both had good seasons but Smalling has edged it for me.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah I can't argue either way, I just felt in these last couple of months Blind has been vital in our best performances.
Yep he has had a couple of howlers as well though the Hull game was mind boggling how bad he was that game. But the lad has had a good season overall. Still think we could improve on him though but a few more positions need sorted out before we get to that imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.