g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Daley Blind to Ajax| Deal to be done at 16m euros plus 5m in bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

I really like Blind and think he’s far better than wasters like Jones.

He’s not the first I’d of sold.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Says it all that he’s going back to Ajax. Was never good enough. Few decent performances here and there but rightfully sold. Hopefully a few more to come.

dove

Very intelligent and a decent player in multiple positions but ultimately not good enough in any position to be a starting player for us.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
One of the many nothing players we've signed over the last few years. Good guy though and wish him all the best.

AndyJ1985

It's all well and good getting rid of the deadwood, the problem is we keep replacing them with more deadwood. That's the cycle that really needs to end if we're ever going to win the league again.

Zoo

Says it all that he’s going back to Ajax. Was never good enough. Few decent performances here and there but rightfully sold. Hopefully a few more to come.
It doesn’t say anything. His fiancée is a dancer who works a lot in Holland.

Roma were after him strongly last summer.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Been a good player for us. He did a great job at cb one season, very intelligent. When he first came in he looked quality at cm too. Never going to be a Jose player though. All the best Daley.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It does. Ajax are rubbish.

Morpheus 7

He's an extremely intelligent footballer, he never got a proper run in the team in midfield which is a shame. He's overall not suited to the league, it's a little too fast. I think he would be exceptional in Italy. Good luck to Blind, seems a nice fella

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Intelligence is not enough at the top level. Top centre backs do not need to sacrifice on one of or the other. The best centre backs can pass the ball, anticipate the play, dominate their physical duels.

el3mel

With this LVG's signings : Bastian, Schneiderlin, Depay, Falcao, Di Maria, Blind are all gone.

Darmian can follow them soon and if it happens, only Romero, Rojo and Martial of his signings can be staying. Don't consider Herrera and Shaw as his signings as we were linked to them during Moyes era and were signed during LVG was in the WC with Netherlands.

Great business, Louis.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Lovely player, even though eventually not good enough for United.
All the best!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
With this LVG's signings : Bastian, Schneiderlin, Depay, Falcao, Di Maria, Blind are all gone.

Darmian can follow them soon and if it happens, only Romero, Rojo and Martial of his signings can be staying. Don't consider Herrera and Shaw as his signings as we were linked to them during Moyes era and were signed during LVG was in the WC with Netherlands.

Great business, Louis.
And before someone comes with the stupid idea that Mourinho got rid of them on purpose because they were LVG signings...many SAF signings are still at the club and are championed by the manager (Valenica, Young, Smalling).

LVG was just shockingly bad in the transfer market.

Skills

Snitch
He was hardly deadwood. He shouldn't be starting, but he's shown he does a job when called upon and has managed to make 141 appearances in the last few seasons whilst being on the periphery for the most of it. I guess he wants more regular game time.

Though I do hope this means TFM and Tuanzabe can get those minutes instead now. Best of luck to Blind, played his role in the FA Cup & Europa League wins.

Jezpeza

Another odd LVG signing cleared out. Was never amazing and was never terrible just a squad utility man. Just hope we don't replace him with any more mediocre players

Dante

Average bang
A below average central defender, whose positional intelligence was massively overrated because his passing intelligence was reasonably good.

I can't remember another regular Manchester United CB who got the offside line wrong as often as Blind. I would have liked to have seen more of him at DM, but he's evidently not Jose's cup of tea in that area.

Best of luck to him, but he was never close to being good enough for us. Certainly not the footballing Einstein many made him out to be.

Vagene

Liked him a lot, great professional, worked hard for the team and never heard a peep out of him when he was out the team. Like others have mentioned the league was probably a tad to quick for him but he read the game fantastically and barely put a foot wrong.

It’s a shame we’ve got rid but understandable, decent fee as well.
Would have shifted Jones and possibly Rojo before Daley.

Bojan11

Welll it does.

Do you really think if another top club were after him that he would go to Ajax because his fiancée is a dancer?

Jesus Christ some people will say anything to defend their favourites.

He was a decent player. But never consistent enough or at that top level to be good enough for us.

MadMike

Good luck to him. Seemed a very likeable as a person, but ultimately not good enough at this level. I'm sure he'll be great for Ajax and enjoy plenty of successes.

Jezpeza

And before someone comes with the stupid idea that Mourinho got rid of them on purpose because they were LVG signings...many SAF signings are still at the club and are championed by the manager (Valenica, Young, Smalling).

LVG was just shockingly bad in the transfer market.
Yes something Ive said here many times. We are paying for 3 years of dreadful recruitment under Moyes and Van Gaal. With ffp etc we are only going to be able to build a squad over several seasons. Man city now have two quality players for each position, and it's hard for us to catch up to that strength in depth which is where we need to be to challenge for the title.

Reactions: Penna

Zoo

Welll it does.

Do you really think if another top club were after him that he would go to Ajax because his fiancée is a dancer?

Jesus Christ some people will say anything to defend their favourites.

He was a decent player. But never consistent enough or at that top level to be good enough for us.
He’s not my favourite. Dutch player returning home what’s the big deal?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
What a player he would've been if he was a bit faster.
Hope he does well at Ajax.

Jonno

Full Time Devils reported an 'oral agreement' between United and Ajax?

Interesting, I didn't think we were that desperate to get rid. Excellent work Woody, took one for the team.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Best of luck to him. Decent player for us when he played, but ultimately was never going to be a starting player for us going forward

Kant-ona

I always liked to see him on the pitch. Likeable player. Versatile. All the best for him at home!

(I never sell him whenever I play FIFA ;)

Heista

Supports
Ajax
What I dont get is that some people will use a 'goodbye' thread to only say not nice things about a player who always gave his best and never complained.

It doesnt even matter if he is not good enough for united or whether he is CB backup number 9. He played for United. He won trophies with United. Is it then not a normal thing to wish he 'fares well'?

Absolutely mindblowing post.

I do get why people wanna say their farewells, but claiming that we've lost out and he was good enough or that £14-18m isn't a good deal is ridiculous. The revisionism on here is astounding. He never could cut it in a quick, physical league. Having long balls from deep as main skill-set for a left-back is laughable. Fourth choice left-back, Sixth choice centre-back and unused sixth choice centre-mid is not someone we will miss. I'd prefer giving minutes to Tuanzebe, TFM, Dalot, Pereira and Mitchell than wasting more on the likes of Blind and Darmian.

Good riddance, and long may it continue.

Reactions: golden_blunder

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What I dont get is that some people will use a 'goodbye' thread to only say not nice things about a player who always gave his best and never complained.
Exactly. He was important player when we won FA cup, Europa league. That's 2 out of 3 trophies we won in last 5 years, only last season he barely played.

Status
Not open for further replies.