Dalot vs Wan-Bissaka

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Based Adnan

Similarly, how is overplaying an excuse to switch off in such an important game? It's really not and Wan-Bissaka has done more going forward and defensively since coming back than Dalot has arguably done all season.
Dalot has played 19 games in a row for club and country with all but one being 90 minutes+. If you can't see how that level of fatigue can affect performance throughout a game then I don't know what to tell you.

On the other hand I'm not seeing how AWB being out causes him to balloon a pass like that to Onana.

Also for the record I'm not saying Dalot gets off scot free for their goal either. He was poor for it and fatigue isn't an excuse for that type of goal.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ok, I have to face the music. AwB would officially be a great back-up but Dalot is prime sell to Italy material.

Danny

Actually thought he was okay before that horrible back pass which just puts the whole result in jeopardy.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
AWB, is a ok player. Nothing special but is competent enough in his role. Longterm, I dont think he has a future here though.

Dalot, just feckin shite. Who'd want him ?

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
The way Dalot dribbles out the back makes me feel like he can do something, and some of his clearances too, but his short passes and straight up defending really scream dependency.

AWB's back pass to Onana was horrible but he kinda seemed okay outside of that though, especially before he was left alone on the right wing he offered quite a lot. But he seemed to swim a bit defensively after that structure fell apart, as Bruno on the right didn't seem to match with a man down.

AWB as an easy pick for me, though. Dalot as cover is cool, but the backup CBs and midfielders need to provide some more structure for someone like him to be all right. Otherwise I'd rather play a 3CB system if he's your only fullback left and just put some winger on the other side. Heck, I wouldn't have minded such a solution after Redford today, just add Lindelof and play a 3-4-2, but hindsight is a yeah you know

yfoFC

This poll taken just this year is the reason why I will never take this forum very seriously

And in a match where AWB created our opening goal in a situation where Dalot would have 100% fecked it up and in an area of the pitch where people say Dalot is better than AWB, and yet people are still entertaining this laughable debate

Chai

Walters_19_MuFc

Dalot has played 19 games in a row for club and country with all but one being 90 minutes+. If you can't see how that level of fatigue can affect performance throughout a game then I don't know what to tell you.

On the other hand I'm not seeing how AWB being out causes him to balloon a pass like that to Onana.

Also for the record I'm not saying Dalot gets off scot free for their goal either. He was poor for it and fatigue isn't an excuse for that type of goal.
Fatigue does affect performances. Does that come into account when taking into consideration that AWB has been thrown back in after two months?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
AWB has always been better than Dalot. Doesn't mean he should be our longterm RB.

AWB will likely have more suiters if he was put on the market though.

Irwin99

Both had pretty similar performances (AWB's was better but still) it's just AWB didn't get punished for leaving his man in the first half whereas Dalot did for the third goal. Both have mistakes in them, though AwB is far more aggressive.

I do have to wonder if either can be a starter in a title winning side.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What's a real disappointment with both of them is they can barely complete a full game of football without humongous errors.

AWB had a really good 1st half, but then crumbled. Dalot did his usually big error at some point in the game schtick. It's formulaic. Neither of them are starters, but I'd keep AWB as a back up.

Based Adnan

I'd argue that AWB is nowhere near match fitness.
For me all it comes down to is a player playing his second game back from injury gets no way near as much leeway as a player playing his 19th game in a row.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much anyway as they're both poor and not up to the standard required. Let's agree to disagree.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You can easily argue that, for different reasons, both could be fatigued. But I'd counter that even at peak fitness both players are fully capable of doing the exact same things regardless.

Walters_19_MuFc

For me all it comes down to is a player playing his second game back from injury gets no way near as much leeway as a player playing his 19th game in a row.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much anyway as they're both poor and not up to the standard required. Let's agree to disagree.
Ultimately, it comes down to Dalot switching off an us losing the game. Does nothing going forward and can't fecking defend.

Yanited__

In my opinion that both aren't good enough to start for us but both have a place in the squad. If I had to pick one to stay it would be AWB.

Both are professional however, they are both prone to errors and the quality isn't there.

Anustart89

This poll taken just this year is the reason why I will never take this forum very seriously

And in a match where AWB created our opening goal in a situation where Dalot would have 100% fecked it up and in an area of the pitch where people say Dalot is better than AWB, and yet people are still entertaining this laughable debate

Chai
If you're going to use one incident in a game to prove your point then don't complain if people use AWB's back pass to Onana to point out that it very much influenced the end result of the game.

FriedClams

Blaming AWB for that 3rd goal is such a stretch. It is entirely on Dalot.

RedOrange

I'll make this easy for everyone. The answer is fecking neither. Feck off one in January, don't care which, then buy a replacement, then the feck other off in the summer and buy a replacement. Neither are good enough, each in their own different yet still excruciating ways.

AFC NimbleThumb

In my opinion that both aren't good enough to start for us but both have a place in the squad. If I had to pick one to stay it would be AWB.

Both are professional however, they are both prone to errors and the quality isn't there.
erm. . .

The United

That AWB back pass started the whole collapse.
I don't understand this concept of blaming players for a play that did not directly put the ball into their own net. For every goal conceded, at least one of the players would be at fault most of the time, according to that logic. If they get called 'bad' players for those, we will never have good players anyway.

gajender

Two average full backs who should not be anywhere near Starting eleven for Club of United's Stature but here we are , both should be moved on in summer if we have any sense but it would be typical of us to tie down Wan-Bissaka to long term contract on Stupid wages .

Anustart89

I don't understand this concept of blaming players for a play that did not directly put the ball into their own net. For every goal conceded, at least one of the players would be at fault most of the time, according to that logic. If they get called 'bad' players for those, we will never have good players anyway.
Well yeah you can always blame someone, but in terms of mistakes there's a difference between sending a hospital pass back for a corner under little pressure (that causes a goal) and sloppily getting dispossessed in the final third. Dalot received pelters for his shit back pass during pre-season that saw Onana lobbed (and subsequently dropping his starting position 15-20 yards) so why shouldn't AWB be criticised for playing a shit pass under little pressure that indirectly leads to a goal (just like Varane was last night).

RedIan

Two average full backs who should not be anywhere near Starting eleven for Club of United's Stature but here we are , both should be moved on in summer if we have any sense but it would be typical of us to tie down Wan-Bissaka to long term contract on Stupid wages .
strongly disagree, AWB is not an average full back, he is probably up there in the top 6 fullbacks for tackling and defending one on ones. At times he is frickin awesome. Yes he makes mistakes. But not as many as most.
His forward play has improved massively. He can beat a player and get a cross in. His passing and link up play is generally good.

Dalot is a wing back, on his day he can be exceptional going forward but is prone to mistakes and poor decision in defence. Id say we can improve on him for sure.

Smores

I think both have shown when in form they're good enough, the issue is mistakes and a low level when out of form. That said for defenders they're relatively young still so i'd keep both and rotate.

I'd rather spend the money and sort out the CBs. With two in form CBs and Shaw the RB position wouldn't be an issue at all.

Woziak

strongly disagree, AWB is not an average full back, he is probably up there in the top 6 fullbacks for tackling and defending one on ones. At times he is frickin awesome. Yes he makes mistakes. But not as many as most.
His forward play has improved massively. He can beat a player and get a cross in. His passing and link up play is generally good.

Dalot is a wing back, on his day he can be exceptional going forward but is prone to mistakes and poor decision in defence. Id say we can improve on him for sure.
Reality check, instead of signing a championship player like Malacia and a spurs cast off loan deal like Reguilon, United should have signed Theo Hernandez from Milan and Frimpong.

We need 5 CB’s snd 5 FBs, Dalot as a player who can play left or right is a decent 5th option, we need more options, Luke Shaw could have played some games at CB if we had another elite LB like Hernandez.

The harsh reality is ETH has spent £400m and replaced young potential quality like James Garner with dross. He needs to go and that’s only part one. After we sack ETH which should be done after the Luton Game.

We need a short term manager solution who can work for 18-30 months, allowing the club the time to change the ethos and structure of the club, instal a proper DOF, CEO etc and allow someone like Paul Mitchel to appoint the next long term coach who should be a young dynamic coach on the Up.

The club needs to have major surgery, we need to sell the following players not because they are bad players because they are not but because we could get some value back from the last 5 years of huge mistakes ;
R Varane - £35m, Casemiero - £40m, Martial-£10m, Lindelof £20m, DVB £10m, Antony £30m, - £130m

I’d keep Mctominay and Sancho just because under a different coach they will
Do so much better, Amrabat and Mount the jury is out they might not be fit so let a new manager to decide on them.

This winter and Summer United need to do the following ;
1. Conclude the Minority buy out asap
2. Restructure the Club with new CEO, CFO and Director of Football.
3. Dismiss ETH
4. Appoint a new Short term coach like Deschamps, Flick, Mancini, Wenger an older experienced coach who will be there for 18-30 months while we restructure the club.
5. The Club needs a major squad overhaul including a new GK, two CB’s, LB, RB, DM, Midfield playmaker, CF, RW, we need to do this whilst removing all the high earners off the payroll and trying to get new younger players who fit the new ethos.

6. Even with generating £125m from player sales, the club would need another £250m added to the incoming sales. That’s £350-400m over two transfer windows which would only be possible if the transfer cash is giving to the Glazers by SJR, highly unlikely plus they have to spend winter whilst the FSP is still 90%, in the summer it’s 80% which means less to spend unless you strip your wage bill by £50-60m per season.

JoaquinJoaquin

AWB seems to get a lot of undeserved flack from our fan base, which is crazy considering he is much better than Dalot

Von Mistelroum

Neither are anywhere near the required quality. Crazy that we're handing out contracts to such nothing players.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
70% said Dalot. :lol:
Think this was done when Dalot was absolutely flying for that stint where he looked like he could kick on to be different class. Was also the time AWB wasn't playing well and looked to be heading out the door.

PoTMS

Both are not good enough for Manchester United. I mean, unless you mean this United.