Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I know it's still early times but he s quickly shaping up to be my favorite buy since RvP...but he s still so very young and already has the composure, vision and passing range of someone well beyond his years. Exciting player. Not complaining about Wan Bissaka either by that same token.

redshaw

Love watching him. He has the quality combined with pace to make things happen like a classic wide player of United old.

OohAahMartial

RW is sorted. This kid and Greenwood coming through too. Huge bonus for the season, and kudos to Ole and our recruitment team. Means we have a bigger budget for a #10.

AneRu

Yeh. It will be hard to get a better RW than him, other than spending 100m+. Can't imagine what our attack would be, if we don't have him but playing Mata/Lingar/Pereira there. Uugghh..

Our no. 10 is definitely a priority now, and maybe one experience CF for rotation.
True unless its Sancho then we should prioritize other areas. I think the most important signings we could make are a No.10, DM and back up striker. The front three we have is good and it will improve organically with more interplay like we saw today and then finally more goals will just raise their self belief.

What we can do right now is keep investing playing time in Greenwood to blood him in and turn him into a genuine squad option.

A-man

The speed, the intelligent passes, everything was amazing to watch today.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was written off as pace merchant before he even kicked the ball for us, he has shown how good a footballer he is. His passing , crossing and general play is good. Also for 50-50 ball, he always wins them and wins so many free kicks. He might be most fouled player in the league. Some defender will break him one day. It’s awful how many times he is kicked every game. Sometimes refs just don’t even call the fouls.

United58

James's decision making was spot on today, knew exactly when to dribble and pass - this might sound simple but it's something that Rashford needs to master quickly to improve our transition in attack
Rashford seems to want to do it all on his own - whether this is him being a selfish player, him being told to do it by management or him being low on confidence and feeling the need to produce more I'm not sure of, but mentally James seems far ahead of him. I'm stunned by how good he's been, especially given his relative lack of first team football.

Based Adnan

Credit to the coaches.

His final delivery in pre season was borderline abysmal and now every single cross he put in today threatened in one way or another. He's such a great little player to have.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really love watching him play....had very little expectation of him this season based on pre season but his rapid improvement has been sensational. He gives great balance to our front three. Love his work rate and attitude too, which to be honest can be overrated in this country, but with james it's an added bonus to quality of delivery and world class pace.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
One of the most likeable players we’ve had here in a long time, absolutely love him. I can’t believe how good he’s been, it’s rare we get applauded for pulling off a bargain signing but he fits the bill for sure.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Thought he would take most of this season to find his feet in the Prem, but looks right at home there. Still has things to learn (as most of the players have), and when he gains more experience will relax more in front of goal, as I think he snatches at his chances s little.

Shark

@NotShark
Credit to the coaches.

His final delivery in pre season was borderline abysmal and now every single cross he put in today threatened in one way or another. He's such a great little player to have.
Indeed. Seems like forever since we signed a gem out of nowhere for a steal. Javier Hernandez perhaps was the last one.

He'sRaldo

Such a massive shame he isn't left-footed. I feel like our attacks flowed better last match when Greenwood could cut in and link up with Martial/ Mata, as opposed to James being trapped on the outside.

That said, he still had a very good game and once Rashford, in particular, gets used to meeting his crosses, he'll start picking up quite a few assists.

Devil may care

He's doing well on the Rw even though I think the left is probably his best position, he's replaced Hazard as the top foul drawer in the PL. His composure in the final 3rd is improving as well.

automaticflare

Credit to the coaches.

This was my favorite part of the game today. His decisions looked mature.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Such a massive shame he isn't left-footed. I feel like our attacks flowed better last match when Greenwood could cut in and link up with Martial/ Mata, as opposed to James being trapped on the outside.

That said, he still had a very good game and once Rashford, in particular, gets used to meeting his crosses, he'll start picking up quite a few assists.
His ability to pick the strikers from the wing is excellent, which might not happen if he is left footed and just cutting in on every opportunity. I kind of feel its tactical as well to keep him wide so that the left back has to stick to him and it creates a gap between CB and LB.

Stacks

Missed the game and about to watch MoTD. I take it our Hull hurricane did well? I always said to my mate that United never get these bargains Anymore as Pool bought Salah Mane and Firmino for 100m but alas Daniel is doing bits at only 15 mill.

He'sRaldo

His ability to pick the strikers from the wing is excellent, which might not happen if he is left footed and just cutting in on every opportunity. I kind of feel its tactical as well to keep him wide so that the left back has to stick to him and it creates a gap between CB and LB.
Yeah and that's to his credit, but it's usually only when there's space behind for Rashford. In tighter games, I think we'd benefit more from a left-footer cutting in and shooting/ flooding the box while AWB overlaps.

And yeah both wingers sometimes hug the line tactically but that's supposed to create an unpredictability of coming inside vs going down the line. Dan James can do that when he plays LW, but on the right, he usually always goes down the line, which makes it harder for him to combine coming inside.

The fact that he's still making the most of the position and finding other ways to impact is 100% to his credit.

Trophy Room

I was wrong about him. I thought he stood out because the rest of the team was shit. As I mentioned previously, I love how he keeps things simple and does the basics well. Those qualities breed consistency.

lysglimt

Scout
His crossing is actually insanely good - much better than I expected it to be. Leeds must be kicking themselves.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ok, so at what point are we going to give him the credit as our best crosser of the ball since Beckham?
He's insanely talented at crossing the ball.

R'hllor

Looking very good so far, hope he doesnt turn into some other examples from the past.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Couldn’t disagree more on him not being left footed. It feels like our counterattacking is now coming together with James carrying the ball on the right and able to cross or pass it to Martial and Rashford in the channels. Lovely to have a wide creative asset.

He'sRaldo

Couldn’t disagree more on him not being left footed. It feels like our counterattacking is now coming together with James carrying the ball on the right and able to cross or pass it to Martial and Rashford in the channels. Lovely to have a wide creative asset.
He does that on the left as well, except he has the added unpredictability of cutting inside and passing/ shooting. Playing on the right does mean his crossing accuracy will be higher though since he's crossing with his stronger foot, so I guess it depends on whether or not you think the trade-off is worth it.

Shark

@NotShark
Looking very good so far, hope he doesnt turn into some other examples from the past.
What examples are these? We haven’t really signed any gems on the cheap for a long while now. The players that have turned to shite for us have been the expensive ones.

R'hllor

What examples are these? We haven’t really signed any gems on the cheap for a long while now. The players that have turned to shite for us have been the expensive ones.
I dont look through money spent for player, more of examples where X player looks hot early on and then slowly downfall starts with no return.

Shark

@NotShark
I dont look through money spent for player, more of examples where X player looks hot early on and then slowly downfall starts with no return.
Yes but you said examples, so I’m asking you what examples you’re referring to? Surely money has to factor into it, as it massively effects expectations. Matic for example cost us 40m and came with a big reputation, having won titles with Chelsea. He faded because we yet again made the mistake of signing a player on his last legs and Chelsea knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.