5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

He's rapid and he knows where to put the ball. Should have had some assists today.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Add Sancho to the mix and we can finally say, we're a team with real wings.

Most rapid and in the same time precise player in the team, currently.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I didn’t realise he also had such fast feet ball control. Along with his pace and visionary passing. And still a teenager.

This kid might just have it all. Quickly becoming my favourite player.

meamth

Keeps it simple but his passing is sharp, his final ball is consistently good and he makes good decisions. May not have the tricks that make great youtube videos but there is substance to his game.

Massively surprised by how good he is.
Say what?

Give me a clip of him running from one box to another alone is enough for 1 million views.

This guy reminded me of the old golden days of Rooney and Ronaldo counter attacking teams.

Surely signing of the season if we managed top 6.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That counter attack,where Rashford missed the sitter, just illustrates his maturity in those circumstances. He just waited for the defender to make a mistake in the box and took full advantage of what should've of been a 4th goal.

Bobski

Say what?

Give me a clip of him running from one box to another alone is enough for 1 million views.

This guy reminded me of the old golden days of Rooney and Ronaldo counter attacking teams.

Surely signing of the season if we managed top 6.
I agree with you, to me watching Giggs flow across the pitch at top speed, dropping defenders with feints and swiveling hips is far more entertaining that step-overs and flip flaps, but most YouTube comps concentrate on the latter.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
One thing is his pace, but what has impressed me the most is his passing. Almost every good counter move starts with him, and if he does not have the space himself he can usually find a teammate with an inch perfect pass.

Best value for money signing we have done in ages

AneRu

He has been amazing so far, best value for money signing this season
I'd say the best value for money since Chicharito, brilliant addition and very intelligent, as he is just not a kick and run merchant, he actually looks up to assess his options and almost always picks the right option. All this at high speed.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I didn’t realise he also had such fast feet ball control. Along with his pace and visionary passing. And still a teenager.

This kid might just have it all. Quickly becoming my favourite player.
He is 22 today - but otherwise I agree :D

meamth

I agree with you, to me watching Giggs flow across the pitch at top speed, dropping defenders with feints and swiveling hips is far more entertaining that step-overs and flip flaps, but most YouTube comps concentrate on the latter.
Controlling the ball with top speed like that is more difficult than attempting a roulette, rabona, or some ridiculous shit.

Well maybe because I'm getting old and a fat fecker playing football..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a very good footballer. His football intelligence is much higher than I thought it would be.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That shuffle of the hips where he dropped the defender on his ass on the counter was magical to watch.. old school dribbling at its finest.

He needs to learn when to try and flick it past an opponent and when to just let them clear it out and take the throw in. Once of these shithouse defenders in the lower rungs of the PL is going to seriously injure him.

meamth

So he needs a new nickname.

Flash James.
Dan "Road Runner" James.
Rocket James.
Tesla James.
Sonic James.

:lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't know if I said this during pre-season as I've had this thought since watching him for us, but his demeanor on the ball, coupled with his body shape and ability to turn with the ball quickly really remind me of Ribery.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Starting to convince me we don't need a right winger now

Certainly the number 10 position is far more pressing
Yeh. It will be hard to get a better RW than him, other than spending 100m+. Can't imagine what our attack would be, if we don't have him but playing Mata/Lingar/Pereira there. Uugghh..

Our no. 10 is definitely a priority now, and maybe one experience CF for rotation.

el3mel

Add Sancho to the mix and we can finally say, we're a team with real wings.

Most rapid and in the same time precise player in the team, currently.
These talking about Sancho is starting to remind of Griezmann. I doubt he'll ever come anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Could it be that we've found our right winger finally? Love him on the right, and his decision making is quite good too. What a signing.

madzo2007

His crossing is getting better and better. Hes actually able to run fast and be productive while with the ball unlike so many other players with pace to burn.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Rashford or James and since we want to get rid of Sanchez anyway, Sancho would have plenty of playing time.
True. It just seems a bit unfair to James and Rashford. But agreed that we do need at least one more winger.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't know exactly what level he can reach, but it's nice having a proper wide player at RW after so long.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Weirdly, since his goals dried up after those first few games, his all round play and general contribution has improved a great deal. He's great in the press, he's stopped ducking out of challenges and he'll take a clattering when needed. His crossing keeps getting better.

Good to see our right back not be completely isolated, like the last 6 years.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hasn't Sancho declined this season?
He's 19, it's almost obvious he won't play every full season at highest form at this stage of career.

If he won't have a good season, then perhaps there would be no absurd price tag, but if Ole will find someone better then be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.