Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Winger with great pace who doesn't use that pace unless he has 50m of free space. Against deep defence he is useless. Personally i don't see any difference between him and Lingard. One and only time when he dribbled his marker his cross was poor. Yeah, i know that was not easy cross but we are talking about Man Utd winger. He should have hit Rashford there who was free in penalty box.

Also with him on the flank AWB is more involved in attack which is not good solution. Awb needs direct winger on his side. Winger like Mason or Jadon next year. Winger who goes direct on goal which will allow AWB to stay back and protect that winger. Something what Neville did when Cristiano played on the right.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Very poor today and he should not start before Greenwood.

I think he would be a good player to bring on when we are leading. More space behind at that point.

slored1

Worst performance of the season. Did absolutely nothing other than lose balls and made a really dumb foul on Dier.

lenny_1248

The reality is that he's pretty useless w/o space.
Good guy, good option, but not a starting 11 level. Mason should start. At least when we dominate possession.

LJJT

He’s a good player but he’s not suited at all to tight games where we dominate a team parking the bus. No need to go hard on him he’s better in the big games where we counter

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Piss weak, tiptoes out of every 50/50.

He's got great top speed, but he doesn't seem to have the acceleration to compliment it and he doesn't seem capable of rinsing past a defender all that often. I'm not sure what he's actually supposed to be good at.

King Eric 7

Frustrating to watch. Just doesn't have the talent to start for us but may be OK off the bench now and again and play against much weaker teams.

hp88

I don't like to bash him but he is just not very good and doubt he ever will be. Looks very much a lower league player.
He wasn't far off from signing for Sunderland.

Shouldn't really be our first choice on the right, he will become a fringe player over time.

-Supreme-

I don't want to see him on our right particularly when you know the opposition team will sit back and defend in numbers.

I have always said that we need a left footed player for our right side as you don't get space in the PL by staying wide and not being able to cut in effectively, for this reason alone I don't know if Sancho is the right player for us

Mcking

He's done well to get some assists, but no doubt he's been terrible for a while. He is limited and looks so completely out of his depth. There are plenty players of similar quality who's never got the chance to sign a contract with a Premier League team, nevermind Manchester United. He's a player who's won the lottery. That he has played so many games this season is a disgrace.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mason looked very sharp when he came on. Head and shoulders better player than James.

Utdstar01

He's a lot better than he showed tonight but put Sancho on that cross tonight that he massively overhit over Rashford and its probably a goal. He's still just a squad player.

jesperjaap

Winger with great pace who doesn't use that pace unless he has 50m of free space. Against deep defence he is useless. Personally i don't see any difference between him and Lingard. One and only time when he dribbled his marker his cross was poor. Yeah, i know that was not easy cross but we are talking about Man Utd winger. He should have hit Rashford there who was free in penalty box.

Also with him on the flank AWB is more involved in attack which is not good solution. Awb needs direct winger on his side. Winger like Mason or Jadon next year. Winger who goes direct on goal which will allow AWB to stay back and protect that winger. Something what Neville did when Cristiano played on the right.
Agree with you on the free space, for me he is just a poor version of Theo Wlacott which says it all. I disagree on Lingard, Lingard is actually a much better option as he at least has great movement and decent technique. James cnat play a through ball, has an average first touch. He shouldnt be anywhere near our startin geleven, even with our current options. I would play pretty much every option bar Chong ahead of James who wouldnt start for many premier league sides. Cheap punt but he isnt even a squad player for me as some say. I woul dbe shocked if he is still here in 2/3 years time personally

reddevil80

I WANT the best for him, I really do and I have been an advocate for him but tonight was painfully obvious that he should be loaned out to Leeds with an overview to purchase him unless he is unbelievably outstanding. He can be blisteringly fast but you don't become a star with just pace. His tackling is feeble and he can't cross, alas, he has to be offloaded. I think Dalot would be a better option at the moment imo. We do need a RW without a doubt. James should not be relying upon AWB for overlapping crosses.

Andersons Dietician

He really Just isn’t good enough. We used to talk about how attacks died on the right with Valencia but he just seems to have taken up the mantle of that. Whenever he and Bissaka try to link up something always goes pear shaped with it.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence either that Martial, Bissaka and Bruno all started to play better when he went off.

There was a moment in the game as well where Bruno plays a pass to him. Admittedly not a great pass but as soon as Bruno played it I said to myself no way is James controlling this. Martial, Rashford, Greenwood heck even Smalling would control it no bother but not James.

He always seems to be running the wrong way or moving away from where the pass is heading. He’s so damn frustrating. Can’t pass either, can’t beat a man and is an average crosser.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That cross was just embarrassing. He had half the box to aim for and still over hit it.

He’s been fairly bad for ages. He got by on the element of surprise with his pace at the start but he’s just incredibly easy to defend when you know his game. He’s not even an much of an effective dribbler like other average speedy wingers.

kirk buttercup

Even though the club has said he is not going in loan . I think it would be great best thing for him. At the moment he is just all pace

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can't knock him. He was supposed to be an impact player not a XI regular.

passing-wind

Think James struggles because he's actually quite poor technically, he has a great shot and good pace but his ability to run with the ball under perfect control is poor. Really and truly he should stay on the left because at least he's got the option of inverting play and could just Juan Mata his way through a game in wide positions. He's left hung out to dry on the right, that's why some fans option for a Havertz over a Sancho is quite perplexing.

The Purley King

He will come good eventually but greenwood is already twice the player he is especially against packed defences.
Ole dropped a major bollock by not starting greenwood tonight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair to say unless he improves significantly he won’t be here long.

Mr Smith

Very similar to Lingard, the problem is he has a specific but limited skillset, so we don't get enough out of him in a lot of games. I'm not at all for shipping him out, but he can't be our first choice on the RW; its ridiculous how much we still need to invest in that side of the pitch after all this time.

nycender

Not his fault but he doesn’t have the quality required to start for us. A bigger indictment on how the club has handled transfers over the years than his talent.

Shark

@NotShark
Just shows how badly we need Sancho .

Needs to be loaned out.
No he doesn't, can be a perfectly effective sub against tired legs. Ole shouldn't be putting him in a position where he's anything other than that going off the past few months. Greenwood should be our starting man on the right.

Martialfc

Not good enough sadly. I knew he wasn’t the first game I watched him. Another Lingard equivalent. Just add him to the pile of dross that steal a living along with Luke Shaw and Jones.

IrishMcD

Not good enough, gets completely flustered on the ball. Pace is great, but theres no point going from A to B quicker than most when your decision making when you get there is slower/worst than most and his technique often lets him down. He seems like a decent kid, and I would love for it to work for him but I cant see him ever being anywhere near good enough for a team with realistic aspirations to when the big titles

Red00012

No he doesn't, can be a perfectly effective sub against tired legs. Ole shouldn't be putting him in a position where he's anything other than that going off the past few months. Greenwood should be our starting man on the right.
Sancho 1
Greenwood 2
Dalot 3 if needed
James (loan)
So your reasoning is bring him against tired legs as he is fast .
You need a lot more than pace to make it in the PL . His final ball is terrible and decision making is always the wrong one .

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Some on here actually saw star potential in this guy after a couple of goals. A nothing player. You can see how limited he is and you could see it even during his purple patch earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.