5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

So he’s been present at 6-2 vs Leeds, 9-0 vs Southampton (five goals), and 4-0 vs Real Sociedad. Maybe he’s the key to getting big wins? We could field him every time we get a two goal cushion?

Quiet first half, very strong second half. Very favorably compared to Januzaj and Oyarzabal.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thing is in the form martial is in, you might as well play James because at least you get a player who will work his arse off, track back and use pace in behind.

Cantona'sCollar

He is very useful for a counter attacking game against a possession based side, both of his greatest strengths(workrate and pace) would be good weapons. Just like Park, but in a different way(less intelligent but more rapid).

He is nothing like Park..

Rossa

But, according to some here, he isn’t really that fast. Rapid as feck, and could have had a hat trick if all the stara aligned as well as an assist. Beat game for us. He is flawed for sure, but he’s above pub level as some would have it. A decent squad option with room to improve.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Worked his ass off until things started to open up for him in the second half then capitalised on it when it did. Could he still contribute? Maybe. Fair play to him. Love to see workrate rewarded.

buckooo1978

Best game for United I thought....

Defensively good. Broke well. Tortured Monreal who deserved a red. A goal, assist and nearly more.

It was a game that suited him with the space Sociedad provided but he did great.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So he’s been present at 6-2 vs Leeds, 9-0 vs Southampton (five goals), and 4-0 vs Real Sociedad. Maybe he’s the key to getting big wins? We could field him every time we get a two goal cushion?

Quiet first half, very strong second half. Very favorably compared to Januzaj and Oyarzabal.
Not a popular opinion but could the way he’s being used be actually clever management by Ole?

His confidence must have been decimated at one point. Using him carefully against weaker teams with high defensive lines is playing to his strengths and helping him get a bit more self-belief.

kundalini

First half worked hard pressing Sociedad players but not involved much in our attacks. 2nd half scored a goal after a super run, had a big chance saved from Fernandes' pass, got an assist for Fernandes' 2nd goal and a nice finish ruled out for Greenwood being offside.

He has played so few mins this season that I don't know if he has improved or not. Given him space and he can look a threat even against good teams.

Last edited:

Rossa

Good to be reminded of that stupendous pace that was so impressive in assorted youtube clips before we signed him. Pleased for him to get that goal too.
The most impressive part of his speed is that he can maintain that ridiculous top speed over distance. That run where Bruno put him through really was something else. He also has surprisingly good control over the ball at speed. Needs to look up more, but today he was really good!

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Outstanding today and were it not for Bruno he would have been my MOTM. Really chuffed for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is it just me or has he looked generally very good in his (limited) appearances this season? Maybe a bit harsh to not be used a bit more? His pace is stupid of course but he's looked a lot better lately. I still think we end up moving him on for his own good as he's a good footballer and could be starting at many premier league clubs, might be a case like Lingard where he can't really find proper consistency or happiness in a squad player role. But it's definitely been a signing that's worth it as he's provided good moments and we'll easily sell for a profit if we do sell.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not a popular opinion but could the way he’s being used be actually clever management by Ole?

His confidence must have been decimated at one point. Using him carefully against weaker teams with high defensive lines is playing to his strengths and helping him get a bit more self-belief.
For sure, but I think he could probably be a bit more aggressive with him now. James seems like the perfect player to bring on when we have a lead to really give us that crazy pace on the counter to hurt teams. He's not much use against a deep and set defence, but with space to run he is a big threat and we could really use that work rate and pace to hurt teams when they come out and try to chase results against us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole's managing him well at the moment, last season he was bought as a squad player coming from the Championship and was played every single week and you could see come January he needed the season to end. Getting back to some good form now though

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Thing is in the form martial is in, you might as well play James because at least you get a player who will work his arse off, track back and use pace in behind.
We should have done this after 4 or 5 Martial stroll abouts and laid down a marker for the forwards. Hungry player mad for his chances. He’s producing when he starts too. I always sell him in FM but I like what he offers us

Foxbatt

Ole uses him and gets him to do a job and he does it well. He presses well and never stops. A lot of time, other players on the pitch also needs to use him to his best ability. There is not much point in passing to him when everyone else is in the opposition penalty box. Even against low block or deep defending teams if you get the ball to him early enough he is going to run them ragged. James himself should also stop thinking as a goal scorer only. Remember Keane saying that Giggs scored only 4 goals during the 1999 treble year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Happy for him. Yet another game where an opponent should be booked for a foul on him and isn't. At least James was not booked for simulation when he is being fouled.

Counter attack suits him to the ground.

AshRK

Good performance. He should be used more as a squad player. The boy has found the knack of scoring goals.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I’m pleased for him. Seems like a good kid and works his balls off. He certainly has some abilities that we can take advantage of when played in the correct match / against the correct opponents. Hope he’s happy to stick around as a squad man.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
We should have done this after 4 or 5 Martial stroll abouts and laid down a marker for the forwards. Hungry player mad for his chances. He’s producing when he starts too. I always sell him in FM but I like what he offers us
:lol:

youngrell

Very good tonight. Seemed to be playing to the coaches tactics a lot in the first half, covering defensively out wide and infield. Exploited the space well in the second.

Think his goal deserves a bit more praise.

OhGee

On a lighter note, did anyone hear when Bruno swore him for his miss after laying it on a plate for him....

Glad he finally had a really good game. Close to a hat trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.