5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He looks electric and energetic. Hopefully he builds on from there, as his pace can be very useful if used right, just like what he did in 4th goal.

slored1

Looked excellent today. Also bagged a nice goal, he's been quite productive this season.

PoTMS

Put a better performance than both Rashford and Martial have in months.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Very good tonight; nice finish for the goal. I really hope James can kick on and be a good squad player for us. He has great attributes, just needs to tidy his game up a bit in the final third.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Give Dan James some love. He can be a frustrating player who makes poor decisions with that ball at times but you can't knock the effort and he really should get more playing time this year. Bruno was MOTM but James isn't far behind. He was good today...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked a lot fitter, sharper and faster tonight.

I think this period of being out of the team has helped him, should probably get more chances again in the future.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Actually looked like a player tonight.

acnumber9

Apart from the one Rashford just put in himself. He did play well though. He is a handy squad player for games where the opposition aren’t just sitting in.

mewnew11

We Underutilize the skill of James I feel. Serious space and also presses well

Sometimes I would start him ahead of rashford. Good game today. His decision making Is as erratic as rashford but he is a good option in the squad.

Red & White

Well played! Celebrated his late goal like it was the winner. Dunno what it is about him but I always want him to do well, so pleased to see him have a decent performance and get another goal. On stats alone, he’s contributing this season when you look at how few minutes he’s got. Great driving run at the end for the goal.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Might be useful in those EL games. He did very well tonight, goal, assist and 1 goal disallowed.

Better goalscorer than both Martial and Rashford it seems. I don't see why we don't give him more minutes really (and I don't rate him).

PoTMS

Apart from the one Rashford just put in himself. He did play well though. He is a handy squad player for games where the opposition aren’t just sitting in.
James was better than Rashford today.

Falcow

I've been slated for saying this in the lingard thread. At least he works hard, presses the opposition, draws fouls, tracks back etc. None of which Martial really offers.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very good tonight, lots of effort and running and end product.

When a team plays into his hands like Sociedad did today he's a great weapon.

NinjaFletch

We Underutilize the skill of James I feel. Serious space and also presses well

Sometimes I would start him ahead of rashford. Good game today. His decision making Is as erratic as rashford but he is a good option in the squad.
I know it's a typo but "space" is exactly the reason why he has struggled. Nobody in the Premier League is giving us that much room in behind because we kill teams 9/10 when they do.

Still he played very well, and has looked bright all season, when he's played and is overdue some League appearances to show us what he can do.

Tapori

Forget the goal. Bar 2 occasions, read play excellently and knew how and when to press and cover and switch.
Forever never good enough for many reactionary fans.

mewnew11

I know it's a typo but "space" is exactly the reason why he has struggled. Nobody in the Premier League is giving us that much room in behind because we kill teams 9/10 when they do.

Still he played very well, and has looked bright all season, when he's played and is overdue some League appearances to show us what he can do.
Pace :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Very good performance, he can be happy with that one.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
One of his better games, worked his socks off, took two of his three chances well, unfortunately one was offside, looked really confident towards the end, glad he got 90 + minutes.

Born2Lose

Does what a squad player should do, doesn't bitch or whine about appearances and puts in a 100% when called upon.

RedIan

Played well, the perfect opposition for him to use his pace getting beyond their high line.. Worked hard too.

KW2006

He is very useful for a counter attacking game against a possession based side, both of his greatest strengths(workrate and pace) would be good weapons. Just like Park, but in a different way(less intelligent but more rapid).

Walters_19_MuFc

Gets his fair share of criticism but his work rate off the ball is absolutely spot on, both going forward and defensively.

Given his game tonight, I'd honestly put him over Martial at the moment, especially on the wing.

Very good game from him tonight and a game that suited him because of the space we had. Nice to get on the scoresheet, too.

Devil may care

I'd say that was his best game for us, looked confident and assured on the ball, linked well, good movement and got a good goal, unlucky not to have 2 and also tested the keeper on another occasion.

Very tidy and energetic performance, rewarded with a goal and an assist.

Coming back into form following 2 goals in his last 2 sub appearances.

Confidence looks to have returned too, his body language looks much more positive than it has in quite some time. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.