Not open for further replies.

rooney2009

He is still learning the games
He has a lot of good attributes
Just give him time
Him and Martial are the new scapegoats for redcafe atm

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If this was Ole putting him into the shop window it didn't work.

VivaRonaldo85

He would be acceptable in Watford’s team tonight. A decent championship side player.

I think he knows what he needs to do on but doesn’t have the footballing ability to deliver at the top level. I bet he’s gobsmacked when he looks in the mirror and sees a Man Utd player!

kirk buttercup

He worked Hard. He Just doesnt make good decisions. I think he would be decent for a side like Leeds or Even Watford . He is young and I do wish the best for him as he seems a nice lad But less and less I feel his future will be at United .

Would probably have done really well if he signed for Leeds under Bielsa. Their wingers are pretty much asked to run in straight lines most of the time and track back. Dan is good at both of those things!

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I like how he always crosses to the same area regardless of whether there is anyone in the postcode or not. There was one at the start, where he looked up, saw no one in the 6 yard box but played it across anyway.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't like it how we always have to have a scapegoat player at the club. He did ok today, do I think he's going to be here long term, I don't think so but he gets such a rough deal from this forum. People act like he's won a competition to play for us, I've seen worse players turn out for us.

RRCE

I think he generally works his socks off, but the quality just isn’t there. I don’t think it’s being rough on him to suggest that he just doesn’t have that next level to his game. He lacks both the technical skill and the quickness of thought.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s just not very good at football. If baffles me that he ended up at Manchester United. In terms of technical ability he’s probably a candidate for least talented footballer in the league.

rooney2009

List them.
Loads of pace
Hard working
Energy
Wicked right foot
Great Skills from the left wing

I just think he is still improving and has not played a lot at this level
He will get better with time and he is a good squad player

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't like it how we always have to have a scapegoat player at the club. He did ok today, do I think he's going to be here long term, I don't think so but he gets such a rough deal from this forum. People act like he's won a competition to play for us, I've seen worse players turn out for us.
Yeah he is definitly not as bad as they make out. He is the chosen scapegoat for no reason other than that people just need it to get through their day. The guy cost around 15m and had never played up a level from Championship football so clearly the stakes wasn't very high and he is contributing off the bench. It's just a bonus if he becomes good enough to hang around, not a requirement. Even with people realising this they scapegoat him but the reasons for it are foggy, that's why they have to go overboard. Worst technical ability in the league etc.

hobbers

Loads of pace
Hard working
Energy
Wicked right foot

We can scrub those last two off that list because he has neither.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
He has bollocks, and many don't. If you can't see that you're not a United fan.

Keep a bit longer, because it would be so great if he clicks, if not, all the best, he tried.

No Love

We can scrub those last two off that list because he has neither.
I’m not even joking, the conviction with which people make their point in here sometimes makes me doubt myself. I’ve seen enough of Dan James to know he’s mediocre at best, but when you see people put stuff like that, so matter of fact and contrary to what I see, it makes me think I’m missing something ffs :lol:

RuudTom83

He needs to be playing more football, is he getting a few games in the reserves? I guess not because that never seems to happen any more, but watching from the bench and getting the odd hour here and there isn't going to help him improve.

Doracle

Started well tonight and looked like he was going to give their right back a really tough time but, ultimately, the quality wasn’t there in his final product and he faded after about 15 minutes. Sadly, not good enough.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Just not happening for him. Shame because we was really good for Wales in the autumn internationals.

He had a decent start today and he tried to make things happen - only Mata, Telles and VDB did. That was the real problem today.

If he doesn't get better and fast, he will be moved on or become a Right Back.

hobbers

I’m not even joking, the conviction with which people make their point in here sometimes makes me doubt myself. I’ve seen enough of Dan James to know he’s mediocre at best, but when you see people put stuff like that, so matter of fact and contrary to what I see, it makes me think I’m missing something ffs :lol:
Yeh, particularly incredible to say he has great right foot when he's barely put in a single decent cross in his United career. And most of his handful of goals have come from his shots squirming through or deflecting past the keeper rather than being well placed.

Sylar

I'd think a loan would do him good. If Leeds did want him on loan I think we should have let that happen

MDFC Manager

Yeh, particularly incredible to say he has great right foot when he's barely put in a single decent cross in his United career. And most of his handful of goals have come from his shots squirming through or deflecting past the keeper rather than being well placed.
He's got one of the weakest shots I've seen for a forward in the premier league. The opposing keeper never has to worry about saving his shots, he'd actually be looking to grab the ball and initiate a counterattack.

Sylar

Didn't he put in a great cross against for Rashford against Liverpool
And a similar one from the right when he put Rashford in against Norwich last season (in the game we missed penalties) .
And I think against burnley too

I mean those were all great crosses so I wouldnt go with your hyperbole to dismiss him

There is clearly a player there but it needs to be brought out of him
Whether it's here or elsewhere is another question

NoPace

Should be a good 4th winger behind Rashford, our starting RW and Diallo (with Greenwood backing up a 9 once Cavani leaves, whether it's Martial or not), but he's gotta start scoring more goals or we need a 9 who actually gets into the 6 for tap ins.

Wouldn't have a problem with a one year loan though since Cavani is here, if we do sign a starting RW and keep Martial:

Rashford (Martial)--------Cavani(Martial, Greenwood)---------RW (Diallo, Greenwood)

6 guys for 3 spots and the 7th can be VDB or a young player getting minutes, if Pellistri is actually too young to go on loan successfully I could see him here next year with James on loan and then Peliistri here for his age 20 season and on loan for his age 21 season hopefully a first choice winger somewhere and ready to come back age 22 and be one of our bench wingers.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's 100% not good enough. No use trying to kid ourselves about it. We took a punt, didn't work, move on.

Robindinho

Loads of pace
Hard working
Energy
Wicked right foot

You should have stopped after ‘loads of pace’.

Having shots as strong as a back pass is a wicked right foot?

Godfather

Loads of pace
Hard working
Energy
Wicked right foot

The last two points... Jesus

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He started off well yesterday, but his decision making is horrible. It's one thing to choose the wrong option when faced with 'make an easy pass' vs 'take a tough shot', but, even in his carries, he just runs into the crowd. On top of that, he loses the ball in the silliest of manners

Brophs

The One and Only
I feel for him a bit. He’s a young guy who joined not long after his dad died and has been thrust into a situation that it’s becoming increasingly apparent is probably beyond his level of ability. Perhaps even mentally. He seems a good lad and hopefully if he does get moved on he finds a better fit where he can play every week.

Jaxa

Sorry but he's crap, needs to be moved on
The harsh reality i am afraid , we're not here to be nice and let players have a lovely experience, they are getting paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to do a job and try and help us win trophies, does anyone actually believe this guy is doing that or has the potential too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.