Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't think even Lingard would be guaranteed a starter at mid-table teams like Leeds, Wolves, or Arsenal.

I thought we got Overmars Mk II. But so far, it's more like Obertan Mk II
Obertan is few levels above James. Tbh, i can't compare him with any our player ever. Even Bebe looks as a player comparing to James.

King Andow

Oh well, another "son of one of the lads filling in after someone gasses out on the weekend pick-up game" performance. He'll score against a shitty and tired team again soon and everything will be fine.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lay off the criticism. He was brought on to run behind a high defense as Villa were trying to equalize and he did his job well. Obviously his decision making and ball control isn't anywhere near the level of the PL.

He did cause some concerns and we did have two wonderful opportunities to make it 3-1 which we missed. No one is expecting him to be a regular starter for the club so most of this criticism is invalid. Once we have better options, I am pretty sure that he will swiftly go down the pecking order.
We've been here many times and just like Pereira and Lingard you can tell when a player doesn't belong here.

We aren't a charity case, he clearly isn't up the United standard and it shows every time he plays.

Yes he works hard and tries his best but that just isn't enough.

Even his famed pace doesn't seem to be there anymore, he came in fresh as a daisy and couldn't even outsprint Tyrone Mings at 85+ minutes?

Morpheus 7

He's awful, has a quick burst of pace. That's it, not near good enough. No excuses, he offers so little with final product. Loan and get what you can for Forrest Gump.

united for life

Apart from the first couple if games at united; i see nothing in him. im really not sure what he is good at. He needs to do more than just run fast. There is a different sport for fast runners

Sylar

Apart from the first couple if games at united; i see nothing in him. im really not sure what he is good at. He needs to do more than just run fast. There is a different sport for fast runners
Those games he was direct, had a great shot and would scare defenders. What's happened?

Is it lack of game time or something else? I wonder if he's great in training and not translating it in games now

united for life

Those games he was direct, had a great shot and would scare defenders. What's happened?

Is it lack of game time or something else? I wonder if he's great in training and not translating it in games now
it is not that. Last season, during the first half at least, he was almost a regular. Yet he failed to deliver. He needs to work on his crossing and passing. Need to be more creative. He’s fast, but can’t see him taking on defenders. He doesn’t do that.

Sylar

it is not that. Last season, during the first half at least, he was almost a regular. Yet he failed to deliver. He needs to work on his crossing and passing. Need to be more creative. He’s fast, but can’t see him taking on defenders. He doesn’t do that.
Id like to see those first few games again and see if the goals clouded our judgment on his actual performances
But he was a goal threat then, now it's very rare he is

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
He will be gone in 18 months.

It was worth the punt and he has always tried his best and I respect him very much.

His level will be found when we decide to get rid and he ends up in the championship or squad player for a bottom PL side.

I have an odd feeling based on nothing he may end up at Celtic/Rangers or maybe a team in Belgium or Netherlands.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Useful filler for this hectic season, especially for the FA cup and Europa games, but presuming a more usual season next year if we can get what we paid or a bit more - time to shift I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It was worth the punt and he has always tried his best and I respect him very much.

His level will be found when we decide to get rid and he ends up in the championship or squad player for a bottom PL side.

I have an odd feeling based on nothing he may end up at Celtic/Rangers or maybe a team in Belgium or Netherlands.
He'd fit in with a high energy team like Leeds. Or a battling bottom team who play 99% of their game on the break.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Really fast and good at pressing, but a bit of a headless chicken to be fair. Decision making is absolutely awful.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think we can put to rest the notion that he's got pace. Someone like Adama Traore has pace and he uses it, James never outpaces anybody.
You understand that having pace and being able to use it effectively, are utterly different things right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's what I meant even if I didn't word it like that. If one is fast but cannot use it, for me he's basically got no pace at all :lol:
He's superbly fast. For certain one of the fastest in the league.
Traore has barely been beating players this year.

Wise managers and players quickly cotton on to players who are just raw pace.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Useful filler for this hectic season, especially for the FA cup and Europa games, but presuming a more usual season next year if we can get what we paid or a bit more - time to shift I think.
I think he will probably go next summer, if Pellistri and/or Diallo make a good impression from now to then. Don't think he'll go on loan this window, as you say, probably FA cup and Europa League matches, and the odd appearance from the bench in the Prem.
Definitely worth a punt when we bought him, and has shown the odd moment of class, but when the pressure is on, I think it gets to him a bit, and his natural ability disappears.
Would love to win something this season, so players like James can get a medal for his time at Old Trafford.
Definitely more confident on the left, but overall, his creativeness is pretty poor, still works his socks off for the team, but realistically we need more.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he has regressed.

He only ever dribbles with his head looking at the football and not at the defenders so walks consistently in to people.

He used to atleast - run, stop,run before which made him look up a bit before when he first had games but now he is all over the place and a basic kick and run player.

Drainy

I reckon he can go off and have a decent Premier League career elsewhere if he picks his next club well.

We do rely too much on individual attacking brilliance from players picking it up deep and he's not that player. Its not just about playing defensive and countering like some teams might be tempted to utilise him for, put him in a well drilled pass and move team, with a high press and he will do well if he can be convinced to be more unselfish.

Icemav

Sounds about right. He has a good attitude, work rate and pace but clearly he is well below what is a required technically. It just looks very odd seeing him on the pitch with a Man Utd shirt on and trying to link up with our other players because he really still looks like a Championship player. Of course with his pace and attitude he can offer something but I think you are probably right in the longer term. But still I support his development and I would love to see him prove us wrong.

CM

James' cameo against Villa showed the deficiencies in his game. He ran around and got in their faces a bit but he didn't have any composure on the ball.

He was only on the pitch a matter of minutes but I lost count of how many times he lost the ball through poor decision making or running down blind allies. This was at a time in the game where we needed him to relieve pressure on the break too.

Some of the comparisons in here are probably a bit unfair on James but we should look to move him on by the summer. He isn't good enough for the level we want to be at but he is one who should have a bit of resale value.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He should probably stop turning his head randomly in different direction like he has some problem with his neck whenever camera is showing him without the ball and fixing his hair, and instead probably comunicate more with his teammates, follow the game, etc. He doesn't look like a bad bloke, actually I am sure he is decent guy, but he looks exactly like 13 year old boy who have his crush watching him from the stands for the first time and you know he wants to impress them by his behaviour.

I think the stage is still too big for him, unfortunately, I don't think he ever looks relaxed and composed, even if we ignore that he isn't the most talented player in our squad.

Foxbatt

He is trying to score goals. That's his problem. Giggs should talk to him and tell him that his job is to create goals for others. Once he understands that he is going to be a better player.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The thing with James is, he is so technically lacking that whenever he gets the ball... whether it's then dribbling, or a long ball, or a simple 5 yard pass, or a shot... or well... anything... there is at minimum a 50% chance whatever he does will be a bit rubbish. This percentage obviously increases when attempting more difficult things (unless he's in a Wales shirt, where it magically decreases).

It's not for lack of trying bless him, but yeah...

AshRK

He gets in some good position for a winger but because of lack of technique he looks lost.

el3mel

The one who taught him football did it all wrong, he probably taught him this sport is just running in straight line till you reach the goal. Well, unfortunately it's more complex than this.

432JuanMata

When people say he is a championship player I always agree but I thought he was poor even at home to a champions team. His technique is awful he only look competent when we counter attack as he can use his pace and doesn’t need to use his technique

Foxbatt

Send him to Biesla. If he can make Bamford into a football player he can make James into one.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's not very good but we all knew that already. He's out of his depth here, even as a fringe player.

Status
Not open for further replies.