Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

WireMUFC

He stood there for a fecking eternity like he was Ronaldo or Cantona :lol:

He had just scored an equaliser against Palace at home with five to play

Embarrassing to have celebrated, amazingly small time and I trust that someone will have had a word with him

He’s not playing for a shit hawk Championship club anymore
Anything else you want to moan about? He’s happy he’s scored for United

WireMUFC

Come on surely the result is more important than simply scoring, it’s what pissed me off about Kane demanding the goal was his.
I’m not disputing that fact, we get beat by Palace 2-1 at home and we’re moaning about James’s celebration sums up our fan base

mu4c_20le

Come on surely the result is more important than simply scoring, it’s what pissed me off about Kane demanding the goal was his.
It's not a big deal, Pereira did it last season against Southampton with a knee slide to the stretford end. The important thing is that there were leaders to get them back to it. Im fairly certain a young Ronaldo did it countless times before he finally matured and became a winner.

WireMUFC

Let’s have a go at the lad who scored our only goal today! He’s the main issue. He scored and did a celebration what a disgrace he is.

He is 21 and scores a goal for United and has the cheek to celebrate! His celebration is the reason we lost 2-1.

:lol:

Halftrack

Let’s have a go at the lad who scored our only goal today! He’s the main issue. He scored and did a celebration what a disgrace he is.

He is 21 and scores a goal for United and has the cheek to celebrate! His celebration is the reason we lost 2-1.

:lol:
From the ball went in, till it cut to him running back for the kick off (passing the 18-yard line from what I could tell), 9 seconds passed. In addition to that, @Feed Me is sick of hearing about his dad dying, so the lad really needs to give his head a wobble and get his priorities straight.

WireMUFC

From the ball went in, till it cut to him running back for the kick off (passing the 18-yard line from what I could tell), 9 seconds passed. In addition to that, @Feed Me is sick of hearing about his dad dying, so the lad really needs to give his head a wobble and get his priorities straight.
It’s hilarious mate some of our fans don’t realise how small time they really are.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's not a big deal, Pereira did it last season against Southampton with a knee slide to the stretford end. The important thing is that there were leaders to get them back to it. Im fairly certain a young Ronaldo did it countless times before he finally matured and became a winner.
Young Ronny was in a very different team.

Carl S Bridge

No offense. I couldn't watch the game so I missed the goal but I don't want any Man Utd player celebrating an 86 minute equaliser Vs palace. I want him putting the ball on the center circle and getting ready to score the winner

dabeast

Showed good desire and composure for his goal but still doesn’t have the quality to be a starter.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Oh, and that's James' fault now, is it? Fecking idiot, having his dad die like that and causing Caf poster @Feed Me all kinds of grief. What a self-absorbed little shit.
We will be hearing about his personal situation in twenty years time the way some on here go on

Why not just accept that he over celebrated, learn from it and move on

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Meh, it's a young player scoring a quality goal at Old Trafford. He's only just joined so emotions probably overtook logic for him.

Guy was in the championship last year so you gotta cut him a bit of slack for this sort of stuff, imo.

Winmove

This guy originally a small timer who used to celebrate draw and now played in a club bigger than his level so i can understand him acting like that on the pitch , what i don't understand is his instagram story. Seems like he cares more about himself than the club, we don't celebrate draw in the league.

Judas

Open to offers
Meh, it's a young player scoring a quality goal at Old Trafford. He's only just joined so emotions probably overtook logic for him.

Guy was in the championship last year so you gotta cut him a bit of slack for this sort of stuff, imo.
Anyone with common sense and the ability to see the bigger picture without angry emotion getting in the way would have the exact same opinion as that. Really disappointed how ridiculous, I shouldn't be, as its the caf.

Halftrack

We will be hearing about his personal situation in twenty years time the way some on here go on

Why not just accept that he over celebrated, learn from it and move on
Point is that it's hardly his fault people on the internet bring it up, so there's no need to be a complete shit about it. However tired you are of hearing about it, it's still something that he's been through.

This is the first situation where it has been use to defend him, so what you're essentially saying is that you found it annoying that people expressed empathy upon learning about what he went through in the six months before he joined us. How shitty of a person do you have to be to actually be bothered by that?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Point is that it's hardly his fault people on the internet bring it up, so there's no need to be a complete shit about it. However tired you are of hearing about it, it's still something that he's been through.

This is the first situation where it has been use to defend him, so what you're essentially saying is that you found it annoying that people expressed empathy upon learning about what he went through in the six months before he joined us. How shitty of a person do you have to be to actually be bothered by that?
My view is that he made a mistake over celebrating an equaliser at home to Palace and it is in no way relevant to bring up his Dad passing away to defend him.

I apologise if I came across as insensitive on that point, but people should just accept that he did the wrong thing, he will learn from it, and we move on.

It’s just irritating people talking about how personal backstory as justification for him over celebrating - just accept he was being small time

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I think it’s a difference of what is expected at United which tbh I respect.

Halftrack

My view is that he made a mistake over celebrating an equaliser at home to Palace and it is in no way relevant to bring up his Dad passing away to defend him.

I apologise if I came across as insensitive on that point, but people should just accept that he did the wrong thing, he will learn from it, and we move on.

It’s just irritating people talking about how personal backstory as justification for him over celebrating - just accept he was being small time
Fair enough. And I fully agree that a player shouldn't waste time celebrating in a situation like that. I wasn't trying to justify his celebration, I was merely stating why I found it hard to fault him for it.

ValenciaRocks

Young lad showing a bit of arrogance and hunger/selfishness isn’t hardly a bad thing is it?

Scored a great goal and in that very moment I’m sure he was just ecstatic to have scored.

More importantly, we had the other players put him right back in place. Look at the positives

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Il get roasted here but he celebrated like it was a winner, it as an equaliser against a team that hadn’t heated United in donkeys. I found it odd watching it live, the other players got it, hence them pulling him away. It’s not a big deal but he was taking individual glory over what it meant for the team, he does have massive potential but if that was Rooney at the same age he would have grabbed the ball and ran back for kick off.
Why is Rooney even mentioned ?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Is there a way I can find out some sort of crossing statistics for James? My guess is he has attempted roughly 15 crosses so far and only 1 has beaten the first defender and reached a team mate.

I also cannot work out why his movement is so poor. Is he being specifically told not to make simple forward runs to get behind defenders? When he receives the ball he is too close to our full backs to have any real impact. Also, he genuinely runs faster than the ball on a few occasions which means the ball seems to get a bit stuck under him, which breaks down our momentum in attack a bit.

The only positive for me really was his great finish for the goal. He also has a good work ethic and puts a shift in defensively which is appreciated, however he doesn’t have a lot of actual quality on the ball. I want to see him do well here but I cannot believe a lot of people seem to be in agreement that he had a good game overall today. If that is the standard of how a winger at United should perform then we’re screwed.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Our cheap championship young hardworking winger has scored 2 goals having played 3 games one which was a sub cameo for 15 mins.

And people are still moaning. I really dislike the CAF when this happens.

If Sancho had arrived and done exactly this people would he all over how he has a goal scoring instinct etc.

He’s doing well and should be praised not made into a pantomime villain for celebrating.

Also anyone in anyway dismissing the year he has had... wow. You need to take a long hard look at yourself as a human being. This isn’t a game it’s real life and emotions are part of what makes us unique. Show a bit of compassion and empathy rather than being so self centred.

Nr.7

Perhaps James should have celebrated a bit longer. Palace wouldn’t have the time to score the second.

arthurka

You know everyone called out Giroud when he rescued a point at Bournemouth(3-3 after arsenal were 3-0 down) and celebrated. Same should apply to James. There were approx 7 minutes left to play to get a winner.

Having said that, this still is a non-issue.
One was a full France international turning 30 the other one is a 21 year old former championship player scoring on his second home match in the Premier League. There is a huge difference here.

Status
Not open for further replies.