Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrettyEnder07

This whole "buying from lower leagues" is such an elitist BS attitude.

Stars have to start somewhere. Most of them at lower level clubs and then get snapped up. We'd just be jumping the queue for once.

People keep moaning our scouts do nothing, but then moan when we sign an unknown player :lol:
It winds me right up mate, look at the last what 5 years or so, the players who have been snapped up from lower leagues by our rivals:

Maguire
Stones
Gomez
Robertson
Maddison
Brooks

That's just of the top of my head, the likes of Kyle Walker went to Spurs from Sheffield United etc., would people prefer we wait until they are well established and then we go and buy them for 70M?

Said to my al man when we played Hull a few years back that I would and take Maguire for 15m when they went down, good on the ball, comes out from the back, big, strong, great in the air, scores goals.

Nope went to Leicester and now 70M quid please!

beingshe7don

I was one of the few guys who called a James a pace merchant or a one trick pony. However, this guy seems like someone with lots of hunger to prove a point. Against City, he ran his heart out to defend. That sort of dedication comes from within. He looks like a United player to me and reminded me a lot of Park. For 15m, I think he would give Martial a run for his money for the LW spot. I think we need Pepe for the LW as well as ST spot and Ziyech could also compete for the RW spot as well as play as a AM when needed.

LW - Martial/ James
RW - Pepe/ Ziyech
ST - Rashford/ Pepe

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It winds me right up mate, look at the last what 5 years or so, the players who have been snapped up from lower leagues by our rivals:

Maguire
Stones
Gomez
Robertson
Maddison
Brooks

That's just of the top of my head, the likes of Kyle Walker went to Spurs from Sheffield United etc., would people prefer we wait until they are well established and then we go and buy them for 70M?

Said to my al man when we played Hull a few years back that I would and take Maguire for 15m when they went down, good on the ball, comes out from the back, big, strong, great in the air, scores goals.

Agreed 100%. Look at Maddison, he was a championship player last season and now smashing it at Leicester. There’s plenty of good players in the lower leagues you’ve just got to take a chance.

James might flop, he might go on to be an absolute terrorist. We shall see.

Josh 76

Agreed 100%. Look at Maddison, he was a championship player last season and now smashing it at Leicester. There’s plenty of good players in the lower leagues you’ve just got to take a chance.

Absolute terrorist? :lol:

Patrick08

:lol:

This is new.

Acquire Me

Reported :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

As career changes go, that would be radical

AgentSquirrel

You’ve never heard the term terrorised a defence? It isn’t that outlandish
I have, yes. But to terrorise and to be a terrorist do not have the same connotations. Calling him a 'terror' would make more sense in context. I guess I just don't get the appeal of using the most hyperbolic terms possible for the most banal things:confused:

Hoof the ball

I have, yes. But to terrorise and to be a terrorist do not have the same connotations. Calling him a 'terror' would make more sense in context. I guess I just don't get the appeal of using the most hyperbolic terms possible for the most banal things:confused:
I remember when it was common on the Caf to refer to Vidic as The Metallic Serbian Rapist. No one seemed to have a problem with it :lol:

SAF-GIGGSY

This is the kind of signing when sir Alex was at the helm , everyone would would expect big signings but sir Alex would sign the likes of this kid and he would be a success. When we lost tevez and Ronaldo who did we sign? Owen and Valencia and we won the league with them

AgentSquirrel

I remember when it was common on the Caf to refer to Vidic as The Metallic Serbian Rapist. No one seemed to have a problem with it :lol:
That's another one! Using the word 'rape' as an adjective to describe anything happening on a football pitch. Grim AF:lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
This is the kind of signing when sir Alex was at the helm , everyone would would expect big signings but sir Alex would sign the likes of this kid and he would be a success. When we lost tevez and Ronaldo who did we sign? Owen and Valencia and we won the league with them
That was the start of the slippery slope.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

:nono::nono:

Too soon.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
This signing would be more like when we signed Gabriel Obertan and Nick Powell.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Cant help but think of Morgan Schniderlin though, who at the time was a very smart signing.

GazTheLegend

Maguire
Stones
Gomez
Robertson
Maddison
Brooks

Dele Alli as well. We have NO excuse for not going in for him either given how comfortably he smashed us in that 4-0 MK Dons game.

I’m convinced people on these forums think an exotic name or reputation > talent and hard work. They were the same complaints about every Ferguson signing (that mainly won us trophies)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Dele Alli as well. We have NO excuse for not going in for him either given how comfortably he smashed us in that 4-0 MK Dons game.

I’m convinced people on these forums think an exotic name or reputation > talent and hard work. They were the same complaints about every Ferguson signing (that mainly won us trophies)
We didn’t go for Alli because LVG was a fecking berk who wanted galactico signings to go with his supposed promotion of youth!

Plus Alli was scouted by Paul Mitchell while at Spurs....tells you everything

deafepl

They are right, he is terrorist. If Ole wants to bring James on from the bench in 70 minutes when we're in need of a goal, the opponents will shit themselves as they see him as bomb and no way of stopping him. If he runs at them soo faster, he'll earn us a penalty, he won a lot of penalty for Swansea with his pace as he's impossible to stop and making it difficult for opponents to catch up with his pace.

Ole masterclass.

A9X SJ

Been a while since this was reported guessing it may have just been media trying to speculate with every player under the sun elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

lsd

The Oracle
How much closer does he have to get before we sign him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.