Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Those tweets posted in this thread (higher up the page). The guy could be wumming and know nothing, but says "loaning to Brighton is in our plans." It would be a confusing turn of events if it happened.
I think you might have misunderstood it. I think he means "He's in Uniteds plans for next season", but the way he wrote it short hand like that leaves it open to interpretation.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Those tweets posted in this thread (higher up the page). The guy could be wumming and know nothing, but says "loaning to Brighton is in our plans." It would be a confusing turn of events if it happened.
You understood him wrong, he clarified it in another tweet.

Kearnkoff69

I think you might have misunderstood it. I think he means "He's in Uniteds plans for next season", but the way he wrote it short hand like that leaves it open to interpretation.
You understood him wrong, he clarified it in another tweet.

Thanks for the clarification guys, I was very confused why we would even think of doing such a thing. I hope we get this over the line quickly and give him lots of time to bed in with the squad.

Sterling Archer

Thanks for the clarification guys, I was very confused why we would even think of doing such a thing. I hope we get this over the line quickly and give him lots of time to bed in with the squad.
That being clarified, my expectations are to see him maybe as often as we saw Dalot this season under Ole. Anything more would be a nice surprise and good sign for the lad

Kearnkoff69

That being clarified, my expectations are to see him maybe as often as we saw Dalot this season under Ole. Anything more would be a nice surprise and good sign for the lad
I agree that will likely be his trajectory, unless this window really goes to the dogs and we end up with no solid wing options coming in besides James.

DavidvsGoliath

Anyone remember how good he was vs City in the cup ? Did he play in the first place ? All I remember is Swansea being robbed.

Red_toad

Anyone remember how good he was vs City in the cup ? Did he play in the first place ? All I remember is Swansea being robbed.
Worked very hard for his team, terrified city defenders with his pace. I’d say with better players around him he’s going to become a very effective player. Tough match to assess him on as Swansea were up against a far superior team, who were up for it and not expecting just to turn up and win.

Acole9

Outstanding
Many do and always have done, you need to widen your circle of friends a little.

We know why some object, it's bollocks and always was.
Nothing to do with widening circle of friends, it's just matter of fact. Go ahead and call the club what you like but there's a lot of folk that cringe when we're referred to as that. It's more what our rivals call us.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm being serious. May sound childish but it's true.
Think you aren't aware so I'll let you know that whole "Don't call us Man Utd because rivals do!" thing is a proper myth. Check the history of the club and all. United themselves have called the team Man Utd plenty of times. If anyone cringes at calling us Man Utd they are either unaware and buy into that myth or just trying hard to be cool because "United" is trendier or something.

When you tell someone not to say Man Utd it sounds a lot like someone saying don't call it Man United but Manchester United always as "Man" can mean many things.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nothing to do with widening circle of friends, it's just matter of fact. Go ahead and call the club what you like but there's a lot of folk that cringe when we're referred to as that. It's more what our rivals call us.
It isn't a matter of fact. It's a notion that has come up multiple times while I've been on this forum and been debunked multiple times too, by longstanding (and match going) Manchester United fans among others.

Loublaze

ATLien
It's not that that's the problem, it's that he keeps bloody calling us Man 'U' urgh.
I think the supporters who let this irritate them need to get over themselves. I know old United supporters from Manchester who use it. It was even used in matchday programmes in the 50s, and im told Big Ron Atkinson referred to the club as such

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think you aren't aware so I'll let you know that whole "Don't call us Man Utd because rivals do!" thing is a proper myth. Check the history of the club and all. United themselves have called the team Man Utd plenty of times. If anyone cringes at calling us Man Utd they are either unaware and buy into that myth or just trying hard to be cool because "United" is trendier or something.

When you tell someone not to say Man Utd it sounds a lot like someone saying don't call it Man United but Manchester United always as "Man" can mean many things.
Is the issue the shortened Utd, or the Man part?

Is Man United ok?

Because the song "Cos Man Utd never die" seems to reverberate around me quite often at games!
Unless they're all strictly meaning "United" and not "Utd" even though they sound the same.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Is the issue the shortened Utd, or the Man part?

Is Man United ok?

Because the song "Cos Man Utd never die" seems to reverberate around me quite often at games!
Unless they're all strictly meaning "United" and not "Utd" even though they sound the same.
Only appropriate term is "The Manchester United Soccer Franchise"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Preparing a bid :drool: Daniel James saga 2019. He'll be our Marquee singing. We're gonna pack OT to watch him do keepy uppies :drool:
That thrill when we punt it into space though... it'll be like Rashford before he stopped trying to outpace people down the wing

johanovic

In a squad lacking pace and workrate a punt on a young, extremley fast and hardworking player must be a positive. Despite some thinking we should sign bigger names and not have a look at young UK based players it´s clear there are good players to be found in the lower leagues. Maddison has done well, Sessangon has done well also in my estimate and so on. Raw pace will always be a difficult weapon to play against and considering we used to score a lot from counter attacks but that hardly happens anymore. What speedy players like James also do is to open up the field for other players and create space for others. His running ability would also put a little pressure on lazy talented players like Martial to step up their game. Because it´s still a fact in football that the faster, fitter and hardworking teams usally win and that is a huge factor for both Pep and Klopp teams.

Beaucoup

We’re definitely trying our best to make this sound like a good signing.

Lookatu

Did we ever find out what happened with the 'Man Utd' bandit?
Jesus, got excited seeing a lot of buzz in here. . . Falsest of dawns

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fact that we have a poster who is on 59 posts in this thread without ever watching the poor lad says it all.
He's a decent prospect. I don't know if he'll sign or not but I given what we've seen from him thus far he's certainly worth looking at.
He offers something we don't have. He's fast, he's two footed, he's creative, and he has the potential to be top quality.
We simply don't have a player that ticks all those boxes.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

From what I've always been told Man Utd is fine, it's "Man Utd" that isn't fine. Even our official website is manutd.com

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-fans-refrain-from-calling-Manchester-United-as-Man Utd

And considering this website won't even let me type the inappropriate way to say our name, I'm going to take that as correct. To give a hint, it has the word "you" but as one letter after "man"

Loublaze

ATLien
From what I've always been told Man Utd is fine, it's "Man Utd" that isn't fine. Even our official website is manutd.com

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-fans-refrain-from-calling-Manchester-United-as-Man Utd

And considering this website won't even let me type the inappropriate way to say our name, I'm going to take that as correct. To give a hint, it has the word "you" but as one letter after "man"
Its not inappropriate though, united supporters have given it power by deeming it so because of some chants by rival supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.