Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Liverpool got Fabinho deal done within couple hours after making an initial inquiry. And the point I was making that we need to initiate deals before the window begins and have them wrapped up at the start of the window.
:lol:

Do you really believe that Liverpool got the fabinho deal done in just two hours?

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Just shut this thread down..We can discuss him when we sign him. CAF members have officially lost the plot at this point.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
There's always been staggering impatience on the Caf, but it'll be worse this Summer. Things are going terribly at United and we're all in desperate need of some sort of good news. I'm also fighting my natural impulse to be up-in-arms about the fact that this seemingly easy deal isn't over the line yet but patience is a virtue. It's going to happen, just wait it out.

beingshe7don

Do you really believe that Liverpool got the fabinho deal done in just two hours?
You're still not getting my point. I was giving you an example of how swiftly the deal was done. If you want to dwell on specifics, that's your prerogative.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Liverpool got Fabinho deal done within couple hours after making an initial inquiry. And the point I was making that we need to initiate deals before the window begins and have them wrapped up at the start of the window.
Twitter reports aren't the real life situation. They only usually get wind of things as they're at the last stages.
There's always been staggering impatience on the Caf, but it'll be worse this Summer. Things are going terribly at United and we're all in desperate need of some sort of good news. I'm also fighting my natural impulse to be up-in-arms about the fact that this seemingly easy deal isn't over the line yet but patience is a virtue. It's going to happen, just wait it out.
This is the problem with social media, we hear about things so early and then expect it to be done over night. James by all accounts has made it clear he wants to join us, we are just haggling over the finer details. He's got 1 year left so Swansea won't want to lose him for free, they're just trying to get the best deal out of us. I suspect it'll end up being between £10-15m. Seriously though what's the rush? as long as the deal is done and he's ready for pre season who cares.

I think people need to take a break and relax, it's going to be a long summer.

KM

You're still not getting my point. I was giving you an example of how swiftly the deal was done. If you want to dwell on specifics, that's your prerogative.
You've no idea how swiftly the deal was done cos the media didn't got any idea of it. If you want to complain about this deal then complaint about the fact that every small detail is seemingly leaked rather than the fact that deal is going slowly.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
In other news, I have been waiting nearly 2 minutes, TWO MINUTES for the poxy kettle to boil. I don't even know if my cuppa will be any good. Argh. What's the point. I hate my life. And kettles.

::sonny::

We have to change a lot of players, then we’ll see maybe many signings like this (James, Longstaff)

Scott Buttery

What's the big del with getting this over the line quickly? If it where Messi I'd get it. I like the look of this lad but I doubt he'll walk into the team and make us title winners. Bring him in, good option, could develop just don't see why caf are biting their nails off

Womp

idiot
What's the big del with getting this over the line quickly? If it where Messi I'd get it. I like the look of this lad but I doubt he'll walk into the team and make us title winners. Bring him in, good option, could develop just don't see why caf are biting their nails off
Quicker we get out targets in, the better. Especially as we are supposedly starting our pre-season early.

Castia

Good video from MxZvGx

He’s rapid and no doubt can hurt teams with his pace but he does seem like a hit and run merchant, you can’t play like that in the prem.

I’ve serious doubts about James, if he’s signed as a squad player and we also sign another attacker then fair enough but if he’s the attacker we’ve earmarked to improve the first team then......yeah.

Scott Buttery

Quicker we get out targets in, the better. Especially as we are supposedly starting our pre-season early.
I get the concept but pre season isn't for a month or so. I honestly believe it's fans panicking that much that news of any signing would give a lift. I get anxious if we get close to a genuine game changing signing but for James, come on. I hope it happens but if it doesn't meh, move on!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
With our luck, you just know he's gonna do his hamstring or something a few games after signing with us.

Player only wants to join United, player was rated at under 10Mil back in Jan, Swansea are trying to add a massive United tax.

Of course this won’t be done quickly, thankfully United won’t be that stupid. It’ll be done once Swansea realise they aren’t getting any more than a few valuable add ons.
Do the moaning idiots on here just want United to give Swansea 20 million quid so that they can feel happier that the deal was done quickly? The mind really does boggle.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of you would get fleeced everyday if you ran a business. Window is barely a week old.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd say give them 10m + clauses + a player on loan and we call it quits

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
First I’ve actually seen of him, boy got pace! Can’t imagine many (any?) in the current squad tracking walker’s run like he does about 1 minute in
can't say the video excites me in the way Ruud's early stuff did! but hey ho, times change

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Best part is he thinks lawyers do anything in two hours, you couldn't get them to make a decent cup of tea in two hours!

Rossa

Why are people so concerned about his dribbling and close control? Messi and Hazard go past players with unreal close control and small bursts and agility. But in reality, there are few like them. Ronaldo became twice the player when he stopped dribbling and doing fancy flicks and instead used his superior speed to go past people. Nani is an even better example. Prior to his best season at United, he would stop and try to dribble past players. When it worked, it looked godly. When it didn't, it looked stupid and pointless. When he became more direct and chose to instead run past them, his game improved. Valencia at his best was unstoppable not because he could dribble like Messi, but because he had so much speed and strength that there were hardly any fullback who could compete with him. James looks to have even more acceleration and about equal top speed. He isn't agile like hazard, but he is much faster. Both styles can be effective.

I look forward to seeing him play and what he can offer.

KM

Best part is he thinks lawyers do anything in two hours, you couldn't get them to make a decent cup of tea in two hours!
I'm a lawyer myself. Thanks for that mate.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why are people so concerned about his dribbling and close control? Messi and Hazard go past players with unreal close control and small bursts and agility. But in reality, there are few like them. Ronaldo became twice the player when he stopped dribbling and doing fancy flicks and instead used his superior speed to go past people. Nani is an even better example. Prior to his best season at United, he would stop and try to dribble past players. When it worked, it looked godly. When it didn't, it looked stupid and pointless. When he became more direct and chose to instead run past them, his game improved. Valencia at his best was unstoppable not because he could dribble like Messi, but because he had so much speed and strength that there were hardly any fullback who could compete with him. James looks to have even more acceleration and about equal top speed. He isn't agile like hazard, but he is much faster. Both styles can be effective.

I look forward to seeing him play and what he can offer.
He can either dribble like Ronaldinho or he's shit.... simple as that :)

ocprodigy

I love how people are pessimistic about this signing yet look at the likes of Liverpool whose team now are formed of "lower league"/"weaker" players like Mane, Robertson, Wijnaldum etc. who have come heaps and bounds.

We want to keep our identity yet only sign ready made superstars or young foreign exotic names that have never played in England and often end up failing. Let's be positive for once on the type of signing we should be making to get ahead!

NJM78

I love how people are pessimistic about this signing yet look at the likes of Liverpool whose team now are formed of "lower league"/"weaker" players like Mane, Robertson, Wijnaldum etc. who have come heaps and bounds.

We want to keep our identity yet only sign ready made superstars or young foreign exotic names that have never played in England and often end up failing. Let's be positive for once on the type of signing we should be making to get ahead!
Mane was a very good player and Wijnaldum was probably Newcastle best player. Salah, Firminho, vvd and Alison huge reasons why they are so good.

I'm all for a James and Longstaff type signings if we will also be buying Koulibaly or De ligt to go with Sancho and Fernandes etc and not relying on Lingard, Rashy and a lazy Martial or slow as feck Mata providing the spark.

Hoof the ball

Looking at that latest video, it's probably a little unfair on James to label him as a 'hit and run merchant'. For every instance of hit and run on the wing, there's another instance of him side-stepping a defender and slaloming inside and running to the centre of the field with players surrounding him. You can't just point out one particular element of his play and then make out that it's his only play, when the video demonstrably shows that he repeatedly has other skills in his locker. In that video alone, he could have ended up this season with 12-15 assists. Some of those sitters missed by Swansea players as a result of James general play is incredible. He's right-footed, yet he crosses with just as much ease on his left peg as with his stronger right foot. There's a definite raw quality there. Championship or not.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
The new Zaha. Will be OK at a mid table team when we call its quits in 2 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.