Danny Rose | Rose: "I will play up North before I retire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
4 years ago if anyone said we'd potentially be wanting to swap Luke Shaw for Danny Rose they'd call the men in white coats

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Hardly water off a ducks back when you consider the bigger picture - your starting RB was sold to a rival, your best starting CB is stalling signing a new contract and your starting LB is coming out with negative comments like this.
Walker was sold because Spurs were OK with selling him - we got £50m and have Trippier.

Whether Alderweireld is stalling - or whether instead an agreement has not yet been reached but will be - remains to be seen. In any event his current contract, with an optional extension at the club's discretion, still has 3 years to run, but which time he'll be 31.

Rose signed a new 5 year contract less than 12 months ago. He won't be sold this summer.

So yes, all in all I'd say it's pretty much water off a duck's back. The media - and some fans - get excited about these sorts things, but in the end it will have zero actual effect.

Josep Dowling

I'm hoping so to as I still have high hopes for Shaw. If he can get over his injuries, he has the talent to develop into a much better player than Rose is right now.
I keep seeing this but based on what? He hasn't even played proper for two years.

Home&Away

@GlastonSpur remember that time I told you that Spurs players will look at Lingard's £100k and start getting itchy feet and you were like "nah mate, they love the club and don't want money and love poch and believe in building something together and money isn't an issue COYS". Yeah good times, man.
I didnt know you say that; what a quality perception!

Womp

idiot
I keep seeing this but based on what? He hasn't even played proper for two years.
How I feel. I understand the support for Martial as he's shown he's a potential top player, but Shaw has had about 8 great games in 4-5 years here and if anything has gone backwards.

wr8_utd

:'(
It'll be a real pity if moving to a new stadium is going to undo all the good work Spurs have done in the last two years. They're a quality sign and hopefully keep their players and start paying some money soon.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You need to start looking at the bigger picture. The best Spurs players are not paid anywhere near their value and it's going to effect you lot in the long run.
I hear this every summer, but the "long run" and the endlessly predicted mass exodus somehow never quite arrives ... like a mirage in the desert which recedes into the distance as you walk towards it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You guys can dream all you want about getting Rose but the fact is that Levy doesn't sell to a direct rival. He hasn't sold a player to a direct rival for about two weeks now.

Womp

idiot
It'll be a real pity if moving to a new stadium is going to undo all the good work Spurs have done in the last two years. They're a quality sign and hopefully keep their players and start paying some money soon.
It would be, but it's nothing short of laughable what they offer their players. Rose was the best LB in the league last season and is an established player getting peanuts. Can't blame them to be turned easily.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Walker was sold because Spurs were OK with selling him - we got £50m and have Trippier.

Whether Alderweireld is stalling - or whether instead an agreement has not yet been reached but will be - remains to be seen. In any event his current contract, with an optional extension at the club's discretion, still has 3 years to run, but which time he'll be 31.

Rose signed a new 5 year contract less than 12 months ago. He won't be sold this summer.

So yes, all in all I'd say it's pretty much water off a duck's back. The media - and some fans - get excited about these sorts things, but in the end it will have zero actual effect.
The lady doth protest too much.

Your starting LB in the press criticising the club and angling for an exit is not a good look. Especially so soon after selling your starting RB.

You might hold onto him against his will. But it hardly paints a picture of a happy camp where players are going to be content to remain being underpaid and feeling like they're being held back from a successful career.

OohAahMartial

This mad Spurs fan I know says Rose has a sell on clause with Leeds where they get 20 percent of any fee. It would take a big offer to tempt them to sell, but he sees no chance of them being open to that regardless of what Rose is saying.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You guys can dream all you want about getting Rose but the fact is that Levy doesn't sell to a direct rival. He hasn't sold a player to a direct rival for about two weeks now.
Great point, glad to see Levy has turned over a new leaf!

the hea

He's only 22 and the main reason he hasn't played is that horrible leg break. When Rose was 22 he hadn't played much either. Shaw has been in the PL team of the year and is much bigger talent than Rose was at that age so I don't see any reason why he can't develop if Rose did it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Very little evidence he will though.
Come on mate. He's 5th/4th choice behind Darmian (a right back) Blind (a utility player), Rojo (a centre back) and ocassionally Young (a winger).

Why can't you just blindly accept that our 4th choice left back is better than the best left back in the league for two years straight. He had a good season 3 years ago. See logic. Don't hold his injury record, criticism from his managers and lack of game time get in the way of fan logic.....

Shaw is our latest ring-fenced fan favourite. We've had Cleverley, Kagawa, Moyes, Anderson, Forlan and so many more. We have a loyal fan base but my gosh we do sometimes need a reality check.

I do believe that at the end of his career that Shaw will be viewed more like Forlan than Cleverley. He'll probably have a great one. But Jose won't carry him along for the ride for much longer. Players need to play to improve.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's thinks he's not paid what he's worth, but he also thinks his club need to sign better players to win things? As if there is somehow no responsibility at all on himself to be good enough to enable the club to win things? How does that work exactly?

Think we should give this one a miss, even if it were realistic. The last thing we need is a fresh dose of stupid in the dressing room.

What he needs is a slap from his manager.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It's star players that Levy doesn't sell to rivals - Walker doesn't fall into that category.

Baxter

Yeah but Ben Davies is really first choice so it's all good.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
The **** of Shaw is the weirdest thing around here.

Anyway, I said before that once one leaves at Spurs, the others will start seriously considering leaving.

Walker will be paid more, have more chance of winning a trophy, and be surrounded with a good squad that will be improved and invested in every summer. Why wouldn't Rose look at that and think, 'Why not me?'

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Hardly water off a ducks back when you consider the bigger picture - your starting RB was sold to a rival, your best starting CB is stalling signing a new contract and your starting LB is coming out with negative comments like this.
Spurs are the only team in the league where it would seem viable for their players to start a Union.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rose needs to get back fit rather than running his mouth off, he hasn't played for the best part of a year

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Aurier and Rose would absolutely transform our team. Shame it won't happen
Fact about it
Rose yea unlikely at this point. But Aurier you guys are completely off lol.

Paris United are as credible of a source there is when it comes to PSG transfers. They've made it clear Aurier and United have come to an agreement (at only £25M...the best value we'll ever see tbh) but the move is dependant on Aurier's case. If it gets cleared, you can begin writing this move in stone. Aurier himself follows Paris United.

...the only thing preventing Aurier joining United is his case. Not for that, he'd be on the squad as we speak. "Shame it won't happen", no not at all. He's a cleared case away from being ours.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah but Ben Davies is really first choice so it's all good.
Kieran Tripper? Always been a fan of his talent, great lad, great attitude, an improvement on Walker.

Emile Heskey? Now that's a real, strong and experienced striker, not some whack cockney shit Potter wannabe striker.

acnumber9

How I feel. I understand the support for Martial as he's shown he's a potential top player, but Shaw has had about 8 great games in 4-5 years here and if anything has gone backwards.
He's been at Utd 3 years and one ruined by a horrible injury. Not that he hasn't been a disappointment but there's no need for the gross exaggeration.

acnumber9

I hear this every summer, but the "long run" and the endlessly predicted mass exodus somehow never quite arrives ... like a mirage in the desert which recedes into the distance as you walk towards it.
Like Tottenham's trophy pursuit.

MadMike

@GlastonSpur remember that time I told you that Spurs players will look at Lingard's £100k and start getting itchy feet and you were like "nah mate, they love the club and don't want money and love poch and believe in building something together and money isn't an issue COYS". Yeah good times, man.
:lol: Just too good

Josep Dowling

He's only 22 and the main reason he hasn't played is that horrible leg break. When Rose was 22 he hadn't played much either. Shaw has been in the PL team of the year and is much bigger talent than Rose was at that age so I don't see any reason why he can't develop if Rose did it.
But everything you have mentioned was achieved before he broke his leg, this is now two years ago and we are still sat here saying 'well when he's fit he will reach his heights'. I've heard it all before with Jones, Wilshere, The Ox, Sturridge. Fact is they are never fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.