Danny Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

There are rumors that Tottenham might be interested in Mkhitaryan swap for Danny Rose...... I think this might be a good idea considering his price tag.

What you guys think?
You posted this in another thread

Mkhitaryan is done here at Man Utd. They trying to figure out a way for a swap to Inter Milan for Joao Mario. If all terms agreed.

Ozil has become a very slim chance, as Arsenal are going to offer him a record price.

Griezman snubbed Man Utd and wants to go to Barca.

#10 position here at Man Utd is becoming a long term problem, with only Mata, Lingard, and Ibra as possibilities.
Stop pretending to be some ITK. Even if you knew Mkhitaryan himself, I still wouldn’t believe you as why would Mourinho start sharing his transfer plans to a player he doesn’t even let sit on the bench.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
What wages are Mhkitarian on?

Personally I don't believe this story at all, would make no sense, Rose may leave, but would be a money deal and I don't see any player going from United to Spurs. I won't think about how possible or not such a move would be before summer though as I think it's next to zero chance of him moving in January,

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yes because one game makes a big difference on whether we should sign players or not.

Also signing Rose doesn’t mean we need to get rid of Shaw. We could move Young to the right as competition to Valencia. But Shaw has a lot of work to do to stay at the club. One performance isn’t going to cut it. He has to back that up in his next game.
What has Rose done to deserve a move like that? His injury record isn't any better and he's had like one good season. I don't get why we would be interested in a player that can barely manage to stay fit for half the games.

NoPace

If this were true I'd offer Mkhitaryan + £15m in a heartbeat. Would genuinely be stunned if they considered some kind of deal with Mkhitaryan as a make-weight.
I could see Mkhi doing very well under Pochettino and with his style, and against dross they could drop Eriksen deeper in a midfield 2 and get more creativity and technical quality out there:

---Kane---Alli
Mkhi-------Son/Lamela
-Eriksen-DM----

Also if Alli or Kane go out they would have better depth in attack to deal with that sort of thing. Hell they could even credibly bench Alli when his form is as bad, or at least rest him and Eriksen more often.

and I bet for only 5-10M more than that 15M they could find a speedy LB to compete with Davies as they're good in the market.

Bojan11

What has Rose done to deserve a move like that? His injury record isn't any better and he's had like one good season. I don't get why we would be interested in a player that can barely manage to stay fit for half the games.
Why are you quoting me?

Where did I say I want us to sign Rose. I prefer Sandro. Whichever left back the club signs doesn’t mean we need to get rid of Shaw.

Snow

Why are you quoting me?

Where did I say I want us to sign Rose. I prefer Sandro. Whichever left back the club signs doesn’t mean we need to get rid of Shaw.
Question
So with Shaw impressing tonight, especially offensively, is selling Shaw for about £10m and buying Rose for about £50m a smart move?
Answer
Yes because one game makes a big difference on whether we should sign players or not.

Also signing Rose doesn’t mean we need to get rid of Shaw. We could move Young to the right as competition to Valencia. But Shaw has a lot of work to do to stay at the club. One performance isn’t going to cut it. He has to back that up in his next game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would rather give Shaw the chance to cement himself, he seems fitter and more determined right now.

Rose is good but nothing special, Spurs will milk us dry and get a younger better replacement for less.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There are rumors that Tottenham might be interested in Mkhitaryan swap for Danny Rose...... I think this might be a good idea considering his price tag.

What you guys think?
Sounds rubbish. They'll be looking to sell Rose for £50M and Mkhitaryan's current value is at most half of that. Levy will want the money and use some of it to invest in a leftback.

manesh

I think Masuaka at West ham would be a more sensible option. Against Chelsea he looked like Evra the way he shifted his feet and got out of tight spots

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Was bad last season but can't be terrible considering he's a starter for a team second in the league.
I might be confusing him then, I was thinking of an Atletico player.

Damien

Staff
I might be confusing him then, I was thinking of an Atletico player.
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#la_liga/2017/2018/josé_gayá/862/862/3803/0/p|serie_a/2017/2018/alex_sandro/869/869/9366/0/p|la_liga/2017/2018/marcelo/862/862/1840/0/p|bundesliga/2017/2018/david_alaba/846/846/2167/0/p|serie_a/2017/2018/faouzi_ghoulam/869/869/1413/0/p#defence_score/assists/interceptions/blocks/aerial_duels_won_%/total_duels_%/successful_take_ons_%/attack_score/tackles_won#90

Matches up decent with the other LBs. Ghoulam would be good too but he picked up a major injury last month. Ghoulam would be pretty much perfect due to his height. Gaya's aerial duel record is quite impressive considering his.

liamp

Ghoulam signed his contract extension until 2022 a couple of weeks ago

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Rose was the best full back in the league until his injury last season. Was an absolute force down the left hand side.

At his best he'd be perfect for us but it was a bad injury and he hasn't reached that level since, although he's quite clearly unhappy. I'm not against giving Shaw a chance but if Mourinho isn't going to persist with him I'd be happy enough to take a chance on Rose. The talent is definitely there.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Much rather we'd have a look at the two Spurs would look to after selling Rose, Tierney and Sessegnon.

FanBoyRed

Stop pretending to be some ITK. Even if you knew Mkhitaryan himself, I still wouldn’t believe you as why would Mourinho start sharing his transfer plans to a player he doesn’t even let sit on the bench.
You seem to take offense from my post

First of all.... I never pretend to be "ITK". As I stated before, I make educated guesses based on news outlets of different sorts just like everyone else on this forum. Second.....Why so much hostility towards me when all I did is share an opinion, I do have the right to do that you know. I pointed out the Joao Mario swap, before it became mainstream rumor, still is just a rumor, not ITK. Third .... im just stating that Mkhitaryans agent is trying to get him into Tottenham, and never pretended to know what Mourinho's plans are. So please ..... keep your hostility to yourself and actually read the comment before making accusations.

Snow

And? Did you not see the bit where I said one game makes a difference that we should sign PLAYERS or not. Players not exactly just Rose.
Players like Rose? The discussion was about Shaw's performance so obviously you were referring to Shaw. As in "Yes we should do the deal because it's only the one good performance from Shaw".

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Never a £50m FB, which is what it would take to get him.
He looks miles off he pace today. Not sure if the injury is still having an affect or he's simply lacking match fitness, but one way or another he doesn't look like the player we remember.

ti vu

He looks miles off he pace today. Not sure if the injury is still having an affect or he's simply lacking match fitness, but one way or another he doesn't look like the player we remember.
Either way, it boils down to same conclusion: it's hard to manage injury prone players, as either it take permanent toll on the body, or it affects form & consistency.

I rate Rose, but has been quite skeptical about this whole thing due to injury & the fee involved. Last but not least we have bad luck with injury when it comes to our defenders

Damien

Staff

Either pointing at the Spurs badge or Dembele's elbow. Been pretty meh since his return from injury but apparently had his best performance yesterday. Would still rather us go for someone else though and doesn't seem like he wants to leave.

Scholsey2004

Either pointing at the Spurs badge or Dembele's elbow. Been pretty meh since his return from injury but apparently had his best performance yesterday. Would still rather us go for someone else though and doesn't seem like he wants to leave.
He's pointing to the fact he's on tiptoes cos hes so short.

Walters_19_MuFc

Who, though?

manutddjw

It makes no sense to ship out Luke Shaw for an older Luke Shaw. Granted his injury record isn’t as bad, but it’s still a concern. Plus we’re going to be taken to the cleaners for a player that Spurs could easily do without. We’d basically be giving them 50 million for a player who gets rotated in and out of the squad.

KanieKaned

Rumour has it Alex Sandro is available. If that's true we need to be in for him.
Abso-fluking-lutely

In a recent interview, Rio was asked to name the best defender in the league and he picked Rose. Thought that was a bit weird.
I would tend to agree, with you not Rio ;). As good a fullback as he is I also wouldn't have him down as best defender in the league. I's still take him in a heartbeat though :lol:

Craig Ward

If Luke Shaw hits a bot of form (which is looking likely) then we have no need for Rose, or Sandro or Ghoulam, or Gaya or any LB.

I think Rose will come good after his injury, just building match fitness. He is undoubtedly a good player. While we have no RW and no depth in CM we have other issue's.

I just don't think we should sign for a position we do not need to strengthen, when there are more pressing issue's in our squad. Moving into next season, we'll need a RB to replace Valencia more than a LB

Decomposing In Paris

If Luke Shaw hits a bot of form (which is looking likely) then we have no need for Rose, or Sandro or Ghoulam, or Gaya or any LB.

I think Rose will come good after his injury, just building match fitness. He is undoubtedly a good player. While we have no RW and no depth in CM we have other issue's.

I just don't think we should sign for a position we do not need to strengthen, when there are more pressing issue's in our squad. Moving into next season, we'll need a RB to replace Valencia more than a LB
If we have Valencia, Young, TFM, & Lindeloff then we're probably fine for right back. If Shaw can establish himself, and hit some form... we will ironically have to hope he'll sign a new contract.

Craig Ward

If we have Valencia, Young, TFM, & Lindeloff then we're probably fine for right back. If Shaw can establish himself, and hit some form... we will ironically have to hope he'll sign a new contract.
If Shaw hits form, he'll deserve a new contract.

He could be our 1st choice LB for years, i'll be happy for him to make it here rather than spending 50mil on a replacement.

I'd rather spend that money on our non existent RW and more quality in the CM/AM area in truth

Status
Not open for further replies.