Gaming Dark Souls II

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The first boss??? That's like the easiest boss fight in the game (well, easy for dark souls standards), you just attack the legs and stay between his feet :lol:
Its just hard if you keep a distance from him.
N
Looks like I went the wrong way. This is insanely difficult, I've died a hundred times already, how the feck do you level up I'm level 12 yet can't seem to spend any points.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
N
Looks like I went the wrong way. This is insanely difficult, I've died a hundred times already, how the feck do you level up I'm level 12 yet can't seem to spend any points.
You level up at the Majula bonfire when you talk to that girl. You're supposed to go to through the forest area first.

shaggy

You level up at the Majula bonfire when you talk to that girl. You're supposed to go to through the forest area first.
It won't let me spend any points. Is level 12 the starting level? I'm getting absolutely pummeled

bosnian_red

It won't let me spend any points. Is level 12 the starting level? I'm getting absolutely pummeled
It depends which class you chose, they're all slightly different. I think I started at 11. You probably don't have enough souls to level up. Do you get the option to level up when you talk to her? You have to talk to her a few times before she gives you the menu thing.

shaggy

It depends which class you chose, they're all slightly different. I think I started at 11. You probably don't have enough souls to level up. Do you get the option to level up when you talk to her? You have to talk to her a few times before she gives you the menu thing.
Well no I have no souls as I just keep dying over and over. :(

shaggy

FINALLY taken down the first boss. Took around 20-30 attempts. Had a good strategy by the 10th or so go but the one hit kills basically meant no room for error.

bosnian_red

FINALLY taken down the first boss. Took around 20-30 attempts. Had a good strategy by the 10th or so go but the one hit kills basically meant no room for error.
It's the same all the way through really, 1 slip up, 1 little moment where you think you can get 1 more hit in and you'll probably die.
I must have over 200 deaths by now, some of the bosses are ridiculous.

shaggy

It's the same all the way through really, 1 slip up, 1 little moment where you think you can get 1 more hit in and you'll probably die.
I must have over 200 deaths by now, some of the bosses are ridiculous.
Did you bother filling your life back up mate or just accept the 50% penalty against the bosses? And yeah... that 'just one more hit' is going to be a real bummer :lol:

bosnian_red

Did you bother filling your life back up mate or just accept the 50% penalty against the bosses? And yeah... that 'just one more hit' is going to be a real bummer :lol:
Usually I try to summon somebody, but for the first bit the human effigies are pretty rare until 1 level where you can farm them, so it's risky to use them all the time. Some bosses that are 1 hit kills anyway I don't bother, just keep trying and die loads of times until I get lucky eventually.

Think I'm about half way done the game by now, soul level 89 or 90. Probably won't level up as much anymore to still keep the level a bit lower so I can summon people and everything.

shaggy

Haven't picked up anything decent yet been mostly junk apart from a stamina ring.

evil_geko

Loved the first one, waiting for much more polished PC version of the second one!

Red_Aaron

I've tried 2 routes so far the first is very undead burg esque but I was getting frustrated with the skeleton grunts being pretty tough so I went through the cathedral instead, bigger enemies but easier to handle and you get good soul levels from them beat 2 bosses down that route one of whom was a pleasant throwback - thankfully he left his boyfriend at home this time!

From reading some of the comments in here I'm wondering if I've actually found the correct first route? Where's the forest area exactly?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How does it compare to 1?

I thought the first one was brilliant. Well some of it certainly was. Sadly my game rental plan got over before I could find out more.

shaggy

Use the Ballistas at the back of the area! 1 successful hit will take his HP down hugely.

I dunno what it is, but this game makes me think of that 90's childrens tv program Knightmare! :lol:
Think that's a different one mate it was the one where the water rises. Taken me 4 hours but he's dead at last. These bosses are so tough!

bosnian_red

Think that's a different one mate it was the one where the water rises. Taken me 4 hours but he's dead at last. These bosses are so tough!
If you're talking about the Flexile sentry, the trick is to just stay on the side of his clubs, not the sword one. The clubs are pretty slow and predictable so easy to dodge then get a few hits in.

bosnian_red

How does it compare to 1?

I thought the first one was brilliant. Well some of it certainly was. Sadly my game rental plan got over before I could find out more.
Personally I think its even better. The level designs are a lot better IMO, difficulty wise its pretty similar but everything is more polished and a few nice additions. Apparently there's different stuff to do and unlock once you get to ng+ and later, instead of it just being the exact same like in Dark Souls.

shaggy

Personally I think its even better. The level designs are a lot better IMO, difficulty wise its pretty similar but everything is more polished and a few nice additions. Apparently there's different stuff to do and unlock once you get to ng+ and later, instead of it just being the exact same like in Dark Souls.
When did you find that ring that gives you 75% health when hollowed? Worried that I've missed it, is it near the start or quite a bit into it?

bosnian_red

When did you find that ring that gives you 75% health when hollowed? Worried that I've missed it, is it near the start or quite a bit into it?
I think I missed it, but just looked it up and apparently it's:
Right before you pass the mist into the cathedral of blue, dragonslayer boss fight. There's a chest with that, 5 human effigies and then a body with a lifegem.

shaggy

I think I missed it, but just looked it up and apparently it's:
Right before you pass the mist into the cathedral of blue, dragonslayer boss fight. There's a chest with that, 5 human effigies and then a body with a lifegem.
:lol: I'm currently getting owned by this boss and I have missed this everytime! Cheers

shaggy

So I finally realised why it seemed everything was super hard. I had joined the champions covenant! Apparently that notches the difficulty up even harder. Do NOT recommend that for anyone :lol:

bosnian_red

So I finally realised why it seemed everything was super hard. I had joined the champions covenant! Apparently that notches the difficulty up even harder. Do NOT recommend that for anyone :lol:
:lol: Is it true you can't summon other people while in that covenant too?

Lance Uppercut

the ruin sentinels? 3 of them at once, fecking impossible :lol: [\spoiler]
That is where I am. I went in with two phantoms and all three of us died. Problem is, I can't really think of anywhere else I can go.

EDIT why is my post in spoiler tags?

bosnian_red

That is where I am. I went in with two phantoms and all three of us died. Problem is, I can't really think of anywhere else I can go.
I went there way too early, died countless amount of times and then realized there were other places I had to go first (Heide's Tower of flame and No man's Wharf). Then when I went back I did it first try with 2 others.

Lance Uppercut

I have already cleared out both of those. The boss still reamed me.

shaggy

I also had to summon phantoms for that boss. I wouldn't have perhaps minded trying a few more times on my own but couldn't be arsed to keep killing the enemies on the way to the fog. Other bosses I've had to use summons are -

Belfry -

The gargoyles were fecking tough solo. 2 were manageable but it really became a problem with three as it was so hard to get a hit in without getting hit yourself. After a few hours of failure I summoned one other phantom and we did it first time.

Undead place -

Skeleton kings were a bit shit but then the spinny wheels came out and annihilated me. Thought feck that bullshit so summoned someone else and hid behind the pillars while he dealt with the feckers.

shaggy

What a fantastic game this is! Surely one of the best gaming trilogies ever. Bit annoyed that I've had my tatty leather armour and leather shield since near the very beginning, would be nice to be able to change it.

bosnian_red

What a fantastic game this is! Surely one of the best gaming trilogies ever. Bit annoyed that I've had my tatty leather armour and leather shield since near the very beginning, would be nice to be able to change it.
Did you pick up the Drangleic armor? Great armor set. There's another one I picked up but I don't remember what it was called (haven't had time to play it the last few days). Also, if you spend 16k in the armorer guy in Majula, he has other stuff up for sale, and he has a set called the Alva set that is quite good. I think all the merchants offer new things once you exhaust their conversation lines and buy a certain amount of their things.

shaggy

Did you pick up the Drangleic armor? Great armor set. There's another one I picked up but I don't remember what it was called (haven't had time to play it the last few days). Also, if you spend 16k in the armorer guy in Majula, he has other stuff up for sale, and he has a set called the Alva set that is quite good. I think all the merchants offer new things once you exhaust their conversation lines and buy a certain amount of their things.
My guy is a dex build so the drangleic set is to heavy. Just googled the Alva set and it looks ideal. What build is your guy?

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I just started playing the first Dark Souls. Damn, had to relearn how to play games! :lol:

I'm also getting wrecked by the Taurus Demon at the moment, 7k souls i left of that bridge. Oh, also a black knight guy beat me up a couple of times on the way to the Taurus Demon too.

kps88

Is there a nice weapon to be found early in the game? I'm still using my starting broadsword which is taking three hits to deal with most enemies in the Forest.