Gaming Dark Souls III

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
fecked Crystal Sage up first time, not too difficult a boss i don't think. Did a bit of coop on him afterwards too to get a couple of medallions and embers, good fun! Now at the second Cathedral of the Deep bonfire. Seems a weird place so far, some odd nasties about.

Woodzy

fecked Crystal Sage up first time, not too difficult a boss i don't think. Did a bit of coop on him afterwards too to get a couple of medallions and embers, good fun! Now at the second Cathedral of the Deep bonfire. Seems a weird place so far, some odd nasties about.
Well now i feel shit :(

kps88

Can someone remind me how to invade again? My cracked red eye orbs are greyed out and unusable for some reason.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
My problems with dark souls/bloodborne games now (and I love them dearly) is that why would I ever spend more than a token effort on trash mobs (i fight them until i kill them once so I know I've done 'it'/can do 'it'), rather I play the game for the bosses now and without the excess souls to level up or improve my weapon, I find the boss fights harder and more rewarding which are the bits I most enjoy anyway.

Siorac

Downed Yhorm - not a very interesting fight - and then got immediately fecked. I never liked the idea of having two consecutive boss fights with nothing in between, a la the ending of Dark Souls 2.

There should be an achievement for killing Yhorm without the gimmick weapon (I did use the weapon, don't get me wrong).

TheSamulator

Did the Deacons of the Deep last night. Quite an interesting fight tbf. Think I've missed a bonfire in the cathedral though so gotta figure that out today.

Siorac

Did the Deacons of the Deep last night. Quite an interesting fight tbf. Think I've missed a bonfire in the cathedral though so gotta figure that out today.
Reminded me of the Prowling Magus and the Congregation fight from Dark Souls 2, except a bit more difficult. Was still very easy though.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Downed Yhorm - not a very interesting fight - and then got immediately fecked. I never liked the idea of having two consecutive boss fights with nothing in between, a la the ending of Dark Souls 2.

There should be an achievement for killing Yhorm without the gimmick weapon (I did use the weapon, don't get me wrong).
Ahhh, The Dancer. Only behind Pontif Sulyvhan as toughest boss for me so far. Also, Lothric Castle is an absolute bastard. Prepare to die a lot.

Siorac

Ahhh, The Dancer. Only behind Pontif Sulyvhan as toughest boss for me so far. Also, Lothric Castle is an absolute bastard. Prepare to die a lot.
I always die a lot anyway. Thankfully, a lot of summoning goes on around the Dancer so if all else fails I'll do that.

Actually, a few days back I put my summon sign down in front of the OTHER boss door, thinking I could help some relative newbies who are struggling with that fight. I got summoned - and it turned out we were going to go up against the Dancer. I had never seen that boss before, I went in, and he almost immediately one shot me. Fun times.

Siorac

The Dancer wasn't that bad in the end - certainly easier and less aggravating than Sulyvahn, the Abyss Watchers or Aldrich. But it has the same cheap design as so many bosses in this game: manageable first phase then in the second he never stops attacking and his attacks can hit you from a different postcode. Still, it was fun, unlike the aforementioned gentlemen.

Eriku

Just made it to that wolf covenant thingy, seems I have to explore the swampy bits some more before moving on *groan*

Can't wait for the next boss, have finally somewhat found my stride in this game :) bypassing grunts by running, though, life's too short and I get enough unavoidable fights anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been just farming Aldrich's faithful covenant, great fun. Basically get summoned instantly. Knight slayer's ring is beast for pvp as well :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think Dunkey is the only of those Youtube comedy-gamers who is actually funny. That Ultimate Skyrim video still cracks me up.

Eriku

Just got me to the Abyss Watchers. I think I'll manage, though I've not seen the 2nd phase yet, and I assume there is one.

Also JUST learned that there are no weight thresholds between 70 and 30... wtf?! Time to gear up proper, then, any benefit to being skimpy has been purely assumed.

Siorac

Beat the Dragonslayer Armour - possibly my favourite bossfight so far. This one was hard but fair, as Dark Souls should be.

The Grand Archives looks ever so slightly familiar...

izzydiggler

Just got to Pontiff Sulyvahn...his 2nd phase is ridiculous but only tried it once, so will give it another go later.

Eriku

Beat the Dragonslayer Armour - possibly my favourite bossfight so far. This one was hard but fair, as Dark Souls should be.

Noooo plz... we're talking another Archive akin to the Duke's?

Managed to take down the Abyss Watchers... Very fun fight, and am still loving the way the music changes character when a new phase of the fight starts. Not sure how I feel about the prospect of rummaging around the area coming up, though.

Boss fight:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

I found keeping him near the fog door you come in made the fight easier. None of those poxy charge attacks that knock you off the edge.

Has anyone being to the Consumed King's Garden? The boss there is all kinds of creepy. "Ocelotte, OCELOTTE!". Plus, there is a secret in there that leads to two new places. I also beat
Champion Gundyr
in the Untended Graves, found the "dark" version of
Firelink Shrine
with some goodies in there. Plus, the maiden sells Artorias' armour, but it's expensive as feck so time to save up.

Making my way through
Archdragon's Peak
atm.

Last edited:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Noooo plz... we're talking another Archive akin to the Duke's?

Managed to take down the Abyss Watchers... Very fun fight, and am still loving the way the music changes character when a new phase of the fight starts. Not sure how I feel about the prospect of rummaging around the area coming up, though.

Boss fight:
What weapon is that!? The amount of damage you were doing holy moly. Also, that fight was awesome, the music, the intensity. Loved it.

Eriku

What weapon is that!? The amount of damage you were doing holy moly. Also, that fight was awesome, the music, the intensity. Loved it.
Hollowslayer Greatsword, +2, I think? You can have Ludleth fashion it out of the Soul of that Curse-Rotted Greatwood. Definitely a handy sword.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I found keeping him near the fog door you come in made the fight easier. None of those poxy charge attacks that knock you off the edge.

Has anyone being to the Consumed King's Garden? The boss there is all kinds of creepy. "Ocelotte, OCELOTTE!". Plus, there is a secret in there that leads to two new places. I also beat
Champion Gundyr
in the Untended Graves, found the "dark" version of
Firelink Shrine
with some goodies in there. Plus, the maiden sells Artorias' armour, but it's expensive as feck so time to save up.

Making my way through
Archdragon's Peak
atm.

The boss of that area, while one of the coolest in the Souls series, is an absolute cnut. Gave me Ornstein and Smough levels of rage.

Skywarden

How on earth am I supposed to beat Pontiff as a sorcerer? I'm heavily invested in INT with a Heretic Staff and Crystal Sage's Rapier. Any of my Soul Arrows are hitting him for good damage but I can barely get one off before the bastard has closed the gap and slices me up. Should I just roll away and pray? Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Ow, Farron Flashsword is working wonders too. Phase two though, ouch.

Last edited:

TheSamulator

So, i just leveled myself up enough to use the Farron Greatsword. Wow, two hand that bitch and use L1 for a tasty super spin attack. Might be putting some shards into this beastly thing.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
How on earth am I supposed to beat Pontiff as a sorcerer? I'm heavily invested in INT with a Heretic Staff and Crystal Sage's Rapier. Any of my Soul Arrows are hitting him for good damage but I can barely get one off before the bastard has closed the gap and slices me up. Should I just roll away and pray? Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Ow, Farron Flashsword is working wonders too. Phase two though, ouch.
I didn't do it as a caster, but I can definitely see why that fight might pose a litany of problems.

Skywarden

I didn't do it as a caster, but I can definitely see why that fight might pose a litany of problems.
Used Farron Flashsword while circling the living hell out of him, blocking with Dragon Crest Shield and slashing when there was an opportunity. worked very well. Phase two was a bit tricky but Soul Arrowing him after dodging his flight/dives took away a lot of his HP.

My setup:

Heretic staff+5
Crown of Dusk
Sage ring
Young Dragon ring
Magic clutch ring
Bellowing Dragoncrest ring
Dragon Crest Shield
SL 56 with most points in INT/ATT a some to meet req. for CS's Rapier

Eriku

Glad I'm not going in entirely blind. Yesterday I killed the Watchers and checked out the area that came after, but after reading online I realised I'd completely missed the path to the Cathedral of the Deep.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The questlines are seriously convoluted. Played blind on my first playthrough and fecked almost of them up but I'm in NG+ now so have no qualms on using a guide for them.