4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

beardsleybob

Because he's a better option than Anderson and by all accounts is important off the pitch. It's a squad's game, what's the harm in keeping him? We're having a season where Valencia, Young and Fellaini are getting plaudits after 95% of the fans wanted them gone in the summer. Surely we're not that daft that we judge Fletcher after a few appearances under a new manager? At least wait till May before demanding he retires. People don't learn, it's ridiculous.
And your attitude is the reason Anderson is still drawing a substantial wage packet at the club

"He's good in the dressing room" does not vindicate being included in the squad, might as well sign a comedian to sit on the bench while we're at it

Laphroaig

And your attitude is the reason Anderson is still drawing a substantial wage packet at the club

"He's good in the dressing room" does not vindicate being included in the squad, might as well sign a comedian to sit on the bench while we're at it
No, we need some older heads now we've offloaded most of our experience. Comparing that to Anderson is moronic. Also if you actually read my post I said Fletcher is a better option (on the pitch) than Anderson. That's two reasons for preferring Fletcher to Anderson. My main point was a different one though, Fletcher should be given at least this season to prove his worth to LVG (and to prove to himself he can still contribute). Luckily I think LVG agrees with me and not you there.

And why are we as fans bringing wages into this, especially when it's someone who's not on a massive wage?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I can see why van Gaal brings him on, with his experience to see out matches. Once Blind is fit and on the bench though (assuming he doesn't displace Carrick or play with him) I assume it will be his role.
Problem with this logic is, that generally when Fletcher comes on late in games we actually lose control of them and start to concede chances and all round just look far worse as a team. Experience is all well and good, but you need the body and skill still to be able to back it up, and sadly Fletcher isn't able to do that any more.

I would be happy if we don't see Fletcher come on anymore, and instead move him into a non playing role.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's a bit painful watching him these days knowing that at one point he was the exact opposite to what he has become now - slow, lethargic and pointless. Should have kept Cleverley tbh.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's a bit painful watching him these days knowing that at one point he was the exact opposite to what he has become now - slow, lethargic and pointless. Should have kept Cleverley tbh.
Fletcher is much quicker in the mind than

Also for his role at the club and their current career stages it's best for both of them.

Devil may care

Loyalty is great and everything but I think Fletcher needs to meet the club half way and join the coaching staff with Giggs, that way his influence on the players in training and the dressing room remains, but he no longer takes up a spot that he can't fulfill.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Some have suggested Fletcher should join the coaching staff. Does he even have his badges?

Devil may care

I wonder how he feels about these little cameos, they almost seem like a sentimental gesture as opposed to something valuable to seeing out games.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Sadly, looking completely off the pace. But not like we had much of a choice today

Bojan11

He's not good enough for any premier league club let alone us.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah he's a million miles away from the required standard.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's nowhere near good enough. Give him a coaching job or whatever but the quicker he's off the playing books the better.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Receive a pass, stop, look around for two seconds, pass it somewhere else. Turtle tempo and lot of predictability.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
very much last choice in midfield, but he does the basics.

Sam

His ability to pass the ball out of play, into the middle of nowhere, or to the opposition is quite impressive.

Horrible to see whats happened to him :(

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Has given the ball away far too much, very poor today. Certainly shouldn't be starting.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Oh so that's why people were worrying about him starting in the Matchday thread? Yep, they're the stupid ones... :rolleyes:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is far from great, but he is still playing much better than so called world class, caf's favourite Mata and Falcao.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
The rest of the team are actually playing with some intensity I think, it's just whenever he gets it we completely slow down.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
He is far from great, but he is still playing much better than so called world class, caf's favourite Mata and Falcao.
No, no he isn't. Falcao has made all sorts of clever runs and is getting completely ignored. Fletcher hasn't had a decent pass, block, interception or tackle, yet and the game is completely passing him by.

An Irish Red

I used to think he could finish his career at Celtic. Doubt he'd get in ahead of Scott Brown playing like that mind.

Unless there's a massive turnaround I can't see this being anything other than his last season here.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Shame. Two steps behind the pace when Villa counter and offers little going forward. Carrick should be pushed up into MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.