View full 2014-15 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a shame but he's not up to the pace any more. All he could really do in his cameo was pass the ball backwards because by the time he'd got it under control and out of his feet Hull had already closed him down. A couple of times he didn't even manage that and lost the ball or was forced into a poor pass. Give him a coaching role or something if we're being sentimental, but get him out of the match day squad.

ZDwyr

I can see why van Gaal brings him on, with his experience to see out matches. Once Blind is fit and on the bench though (assuming he doesn't displace Carrick or play with him) I assume it will be his role.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
IMO, Blind has been our best outfield players.
I doubt that he will be on the bench if fully fit.
With regards to Fletcher - IMO he isnt good enough to play in the Premiership (PL). Maybe the Championship, but not the PL.
I'm not 100% sure what LvG sees in him, but LvG knows far more than any of us...

daniel9988

He's backup to Carrick and Blind I guess. In case both of them gets injured.

I'll rather have Pereira starting, I think he'll perform better than Fletcher as of now and Anderson is just Anderson. But obviously you can't throw a youngster with no PL experience straight into the team and expect him deliver.

jeff_goldblum

Given that we've got Blind, Carrick and probably Fellaini ahead of him in the DM pecking order he's perfectly capable. Barring an(other) injury crisis he'll rarely play and he's only gotten minutes so far because one of Carrick or Blind have been injured/roped in to cover for injured defenders.

Ace of Spades

Lost his pace and strength, should have done better before the Young foul which could have cost us.

He seems more of a liability than a calming figure currently.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Two games in a row Fletch coming on has actually made us worse rather than better. After the U.S. tour I thought we'd see him back to his old self, or at least something like it, but whatever he was introduced for it failed. Really off the pace sadly. His introduction coincided with Stoke's onslaught. Coincidence? I doubt it.

ZDwyr

He's done. But this is nothing new. Need Blind back ASAP as he is a better option of the bench.

kps88

Yeah I don't see the point in bringing him on anymore apart from when the game is won and we want to give someone a rest. We're better off asking Herrera to just sit deep instead.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Seriously. That decision to bring him on could have cost us the game. That for me is a huge concern about LVG.

Kazi

Wasn't really a need to bring him on. If we're going 4-4-2, Herrera or Fellaini can sit next to Carrick.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I can only assume he's a real calming influence for the other players, because he offers nothing physically. Sad to see, but he really is finished at the top level.

Devil may care

The Sottish Pirlo, came on and dictated the game for Stoke! just kidding! :p Eh, he just doesn't have the legs to come on when we face pressure, he's too easily brushed off the ball and hasn't got the legs to cover space, if anything he makes the last 10 minutes more nervy as he's a glaring weak spot.

Sam

He's genuinely terrible these days. I'm sorry but he is.

Ixion

It's worrying when he comes on these days. Only when we're 2 or 3 up please.

khoazany

I genuine think Ben Pearson would do a better job than him now - and that's already taken into account the massive difference between U21s and first team football.

Raw

I don't like how LVG puts him on all the time in the end. Usually for players who played pretty well too, and sometimes when United are getting pegged back which results in a messier finish that could have easily been avoided.

It's sad how much he regressed, Carrick should really have been our vice captain.

mu4c_20le

He just needs to bulk up again. If he is healthy then he just needs to hit the gym and work his way back to fitness.

That's the Fergie way. Van Gaal would be forgiven he if he were to bring in his trusted compatriot, Strootman, to solve this problem.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm not sure what to do with him, as I don't think he's good enough to play for us anymore but I would like him to remain in and around the dressing room. I know it's a bit Mourinho that van Gaal likes to bring him on late in the game to see it out, but I don't really have a problem with it. He's an intelligent player and someone van Gaal obviously trusts.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've been disappointed in Fletcher. He seems to be off the mark this season. It seems to me that he's not cut out for Man. Utd. anymore and needs to move on to a lower club that would play him regularly.

mattsville

Not to disregard his service, absolutely fantastic but he will be phased out and replaced with potentially Pearson.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Realistically, Fletch isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He's an experienced and valuable squad player to have.

Laphroaig

Why? This sentimentality needs to go.
Because he's a better option than Anderson and by all accounts is important off the pitch. It's a squad's game, what's the harm in keeping him? We're having a season where Valencia, Young and Fellaini are getting plaudits after 95% of the fans wanted them gone in the summer. Surely we're not that daft that we judge Fletcher after a few appearances under a new manager? At least wait till May before demanding he retires. People don't learn, it's ridiculous.

KiD MoYeS

Realistically, Fletch isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He's an experienced and valuable squad player to have.
Hopefully you're right. But I do trust the club to do the right thing, I do think Fletcher will remain with us in some capacity.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hopefully you're right. But I do trust the club to do the right thing, I do think Fletcher will remain with us in some capacity.
He's definitely one of those players the club will try to accommodate for as long as possible - mainly due to his attitude and experience. I can see Fletch staying with us for another 2-3 years before being given a coaching role.

KiD MoYeS

He's definitely one of those players the club will try to accommodate for as long as possible - mainly due to his attitude and experience. I can see Fletch staying with us for another 2-3 years before being given a coaching role.
Yep, we may even accommodate him as some form of a coach within our youth setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.