Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Good on Fletch!

People were too negative last season. It takes longer than people realized to rebuild muscle and fitness levels.

Devil may care

Obviously this is not nearly as physically competitive as a PL game but his passing and movement has been excellent.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I have to say that was another good performance. (Pogue may have had a point!)

Sam

Closest he's come to replicating his 09/10 form. Very encouraging.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Another fantastic performance for him, God, this man went through so much shit you simply have to love him.

Irrational.

Fantastic performance, really pleased for him. Hope he can keep this up, I genuinely thought he'd be one of our players to leave this summer but glad he's proving me wrong.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He was poor until that goal, then came to life, I hope its an upward trajectory from here.

Raw

So happy for Fletcher after what he's been through, but I do feel that we need a new midfielder still. Fletcher will be great for rotation/backup.

Ekeke

Good first half with good passing and penetration with his runs. Quite poor in the 2nd half like most others

LR7

He's been brilliant. Hopefully he can continue like this because we will need him quite a bit with Carrick's injury.

FromTheBench

He was just awesome first half and then did alright 2nd half as well though not as good as first.

Would be great to have him fully back, though it's a risk.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was great tonight. Pressing looks to be a key part of our new system, and if Fletch can keep up the intensity he showed there steadily through a season then he could play a big part.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fletch dominated the first half. The changes at half time took the game away from us a bit, which meant Fletch didn't have quite the same influence, but there's been shades of 2009/10 during this tour. Feeling really good about Fletcher going into this season. Glad that the manager has given him the armband in America too. I'm sure Fletch appreciates it as a sign of the boss' faith in him to stay free of illness.

BEST No7

Thought he was excellent today and overall on the tour so far, it's very encouraging to have Fletcher showing signs of his best form given our midfield problems. I see him playing an important role for us this season, my choice for the next captain.

Lane

Good game, although in a start of second half he faded very badly and very quickly. Thanks god it was only a 20 minutes and he was able to recover. Still showing much promise, esp with Ander link-up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fletcher's done very well in the midfield role, and it seems like he's finally starting to get back to his old self. What amazes me is how good he is, technically, and how good his passing is as well. Defensively, he's improved massively, and his positioning, reading of the game, and awareness of what goes on around him is back to what it was in the past. The captaincy is also bringing the best out of Fletcher as a leader. He has more presence on the pitch as a leader, and I hope he remains our captain as his calmness and consistency will wear off onto the other players. Having him in midfield can bring the best out of Herrera as Fletcher can allow Herrera to play his natural game.

Iron Stove

His passing was always underrated. If he's healthy I can see him really fitting into Van Gaal's plans.

He looked destined to become United captain before his injury. Might still happen.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I've been out for tea, just glancing over the reviews of tonight. In a nutshell, Fletcher, is he back?

mufcwarm92

His passing was always underrated. If he's healthy I can see him really fitting into Van Gaal's plans.

He looked destined to become United captain before his injury. Might still happen.
Basically exactly what I was about to post. He was excellent once again and it'd be great to see him captaining the side with so many having written him off.

Juan't Mata

Nothing would please me more than seeing him continue this form into the new season. If he's fit enough to play week in week out he should be captain too.

LoiusVanGaal

so glad he's back fit & seemingly on form as well, he was so good for us before his injury, said before if he gets back to anything like that level he is a quality CM.

well, he's captained us several times pre-season, he knows the club as he's been here for years & came through the academy, definitely has potential to be the man for the job!

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
And people were calling for him to be sold, if its one thing they should know is: NEVER WRITE OFF FLETCHER.

bucky

Have to say he's proving me wrong so far and I've always rated him before his illness.

ZDwyr

Really pleased with how he's going. I was one who doubted he'd ever get the sharpness back to be able to compete at the highest level. He's proving me wrong though, and I'm glad.

Dominos

Passing has been sublime. Have to say though the games are not being played at the pace and intensity that he's struggled with since 2010/11 season.

Been so good on tour it may deter Van Gaal from adding to our midfield... Does that concern anyone?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Passing has been sublime. Have to say though the games are not being played at the pace and intensity that he's struggled with since 2010/11 season.

Been so good on tour it may deter Van Gaal from adding to our midfield... Does that concern anyone?
This, I had written him off when he had returned, if he can replicate this in the league then I'll be happy to be wrong.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
So happy to see him put in a performance like that, really proud of him.

JSMHE

We might don't need to worry too much if we fail to sign another new midfield this season if Fletcher can showed his best performance like in 2009/2010.
So far looking very good. He wasn't ready last season. He didn't even play in pre season and had got no time to build his fitness again. Keep it up Fletcher. There is only one Darren Fletcher!!
LVG should stick the captain choice to Fletcher if he's willing to play Fletcher in starting eleven. He is a great role model for youngsters. Never give up and always play for the team.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Let's not get carried away here....No matter what, we need another midfielder. Let's not kid ourselves.

Still, great guy, great attitude and great to see him even playing. Our first 6 fixtures are "comfortable" so, I'm very keen to see how he does in proper competitive football

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Majstic performance today, his mobility has returned and he's showing a passing range that I haven't seen from him before. I'd be so happy if Fletch resurrected his career after his illness.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Early days but for me yesterday was like watching a time-warp. Fletcher just looked like his old self in peak fitness. He looked strong, assured, made those darting runs and looked so hard to shake off the ball.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Wow, can't believe that was Fletcher. His passing was brilliant and can't believe how great his performance was. Thought he would probably be nothing more that a good squad option but he might have something to say about that. Hope he carries this form into the season.

Krits

If he can stay fit for majority of the games, I'd give him the captains arm band. He has the experience, the united history and the temperament to be a Manchester United captain.

I've always wanted him to come back and do well and it seems like a lot of fans hopes are now coming true. *crosses fingers*

Godfather

His touch has really improved I felt. He also contributed heavily going forward. Proper box to box performance that was. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.