Darren Fletcher

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fletch goes to Hollywood ! Well atleast his passes were attempting to anyway.

Far too many long balls went stray from him tonight, but his short passing and composure on the ball was much needed.

8thWonder

Really pleased that he's starting today, his passing is underrated on here and he's positionally sound. If he can get his sharpness back then he'll be our first choice midfielder pretty quickly. A midfield of him and Carrick a few years ago were criticized for being too workman like, if we can get that back then those two behind any four of Nani, Cleverley, Anderson, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie, Valencia, Welbeck and we'll look very strong.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
As you would expect he is looking rusty. He does need games though, so it's not clear on how utd should progress with him. After today the next game he will get is the CL. After then who knows.?

How can we get him back to his best unless he is playing often?

Ainu

As you would expect he is looking rusty. He does need games though, so it's not clear on how utd should progress with him. After today the next game he will get is the CL. After then who knows.?

How can we get him back to his best unless he is playing often?
Pairing him with Scholes isn't the way to do that though. Fletch doesn't have the energy to do what he used to at the moment, so putting the one player at the club who's even less energetic next to him is asking for trouble.

Ash_G

Think those criticising him are being a bit harsh, he could be quicker on the ball but he's been involved in some good bits here and there and encouraged others to push up. Tracking back he could show more energy but it's not been a problem so far and is expected, that was always a risk of pairing him with Scholes because Fletcher if allowed to push up will. Think one of Rooney or RVP should be trying to take more responsibility creatively.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yep a very special moment.

Like I said earlier, if we want him back he needs games. So we just have to accept it will take time

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He looked infinitely better when he was paired with Anderson and had Rooney dropping deep to support.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Good goal from him. Everyone is scoring from corners these days. Looked knackered in by the end. Evans and Rio took up his role sometimes and brought the ball forward whilst he sat back and caught his breath.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Looked much better when Ando came on. That goal was a very special moment. Delighted for him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Given the circumstances, great performance from him. Delighted for him for winning us the game.

Tooni

Absolutely delighted for him.

I don't think his return was made any easier by being paired with Scholes who doesn't cover much ground either these days. Some of the comments in the match day thread reminded me of the stick he used to get when he made the breakthrough first and didn't look like a world beater immediately.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
So happy he got 90 minutes in the PL and a goal.

People claiming he wasn't running around because he had the fact that he 'was a bit sick' as an excuse was awful to see though, of course he wasn't going to be at his absolute best, but this game is a step in the right direction.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Delighted for him to get a goal. I've always had a soft spot for him since he's a fellow Scot and comes across as a great guy too. Hopefully many more will follow.

We really needed that goal and i'm glad he scored it. He should be getting more games in midfield ahead of Scholes/Giggs. He just needs to keep pushing himself to regain the sharpness we know he's capable of.

Devil may care

Pleased for him, great moment. Overall I thought he was fairly poor but maybe he can push on, at any rate to even be a squad player for United after his illness is a real achievement.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's played just under 1000mins of football this season. Yet some people still have this illusion that he's just coming back from injury... glad the managers decided he's ready for regular PL football. Might see some tracking back in CM now.

FYI, he's played more football this season than all of our CMs except Clev and Carrick.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Better second half - very promising he's getting 90 mins and the goal was brilliant for him and the team. We needed it.

DevilRed

Great goal and got better as the game went on. Some sloppy passing in the first half but you really can't ask for more as he still looks a bit rusty. I just hope he regains his best form because we need the energetic headless chicken Fletcher back.

ricky-romeo

Delighted to see him back. Thought he was poor 1st half, but did improve after the break. Goal was a lovely moment for him
this. he gave the ball away cheaply at times but credit for the goal and 90 minutes of premier league football as well.

Comsmit

I don't think we will ever see the Fletcher of 2009 again, but he has the talent, experience and dedication to become a great component in the squad. He will have to adapt his game slightly and improve his positional awareness but like all on here, delighted he scored today and at a crucial time aswell.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has the same illness as myself. I can't see him ever getting back to the level he was. Its just a case now if he's good enough without his old energy and drive and being that this was his main two assets I doubt it, will be a tough call for Fergie to cut loose but I can't see Fletch being good enough for us again. (breaks my heart saying that but I have first hand experience of what ulcerative colitis does big loss).

Shimo

Pleased as punch for him. I thought he was fine in the first half even though most were annoyed with his play. Not Anderson like but, at least he took the ball into space when it was there.

Surprised boss play him another 90 minutes after playing midweek but, it' very encouraging that Fergie thinks he's back to a level where he can play 2 games in a row.

redevil2

Pleased as punch for him. I thought he was fine in the first half even though most were annoyed with his play. Not Anderson like but, at least he took the ball into space when it was there.

Surprised boss play him another 90 minutes after playing midweek but, it' very encouraging that Fergie thinks he's back to a level where he can play 2 games in a row.
I think the same about the boss playing him the full 90 mins but his trust on him paid off. So happy for him having such a big moment!

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
As bad as I feel for the lad. He's absolute shite, shouldn't be anywhere near any PL team let alone Manchester United's.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's 2004 again. He's making himself available for the ball (most of the time) and doing nothing else.

Ainu

I guess by some miracle he could regain some form, but we can't afford to give him the opportunity I'm afraid. He seems to lack all the basic attributes at the moment, his touch, pass and strength in the challenge are all non-existent. He was a liability today. It may be harsh, but as a title contender we really shouldn't start him in Premier League games.

Ash_G

Thought he was poor in the first half but was alright in the second half. I don't think it's worth singling out players today. Nobody played well and nobody was majorly responsible for our issues, it was a collective problem, one that a lot of the underlying issues have been present for a while.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Was always going to be difficult for him to regain 2009 levels of form after the debilitating illness. Its amazing that he's even playing again.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Looked quite weak today and wasn't able to impose himself which is a bit worrying now.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
It's 2004 again. He's making himself available for the ball (most of the time) and doing nothing else.
I don't think that he has the fuel in the tank to get about the pitch anymore. He and Carrick were too samey in there tonight. I am mot convinced that he can play a significant role for us anymore.