Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Probably do alright for a team like Hull or lower. Eventually might be a regular prem player somewhere. Nowhere near United's standard

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He'll come good.
The only way that will happen is if he is played regularly.

He's not ever going to displace Fletch, Carrick or even Anderson or Scholes so i think his future lies else where.

quethenoo

Just cant see it, he dosent seem to be particularily great at anything. Even his shooting which is usually decent was off tonight. However anderson was just as bad i thought.

manusteve

Lampard is a very good footballer NOW, one of the best around. I'm referring to when he was at WH in particular. He didn't have much to his game back then other than scoring a few goals
I hate Chelsea players but honestly, you're comparing Gibson with Lampard???

Bread

remember what people were saying about darren fletcher not long ago?

you never know, he showed immense potential last year when he was played

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What did I do?
I dont see you saying Anderson can only make it at Hull or someone lower. I mean if you're going to make kneejerk statements, lets get the facts straight at least. Gibson was better than Anderson tonight so maybe Anderson should play for the team at the bottom of the league eh?

No. Because thats fecking stupid to make such a silly judgment isnt it

twitter thread suggester
I dont see you saying Anderson can only make it at Hull or someone lower. I mean if you're going to make kneejerk statements, lets get the facts straight at least. Gibson was better than Anderson tonight so maybe Anderson should play for the team at the bottom of the league eh?
The difference is Geebs, Anderson has already showed what he can do at this level - which is why he was voted man of the month last month.

e.cantona

No. Because thats fecking stupid to make such a silly judgment isnt it
Ouch, sorry mate?

Actually do watch United play a few games a season, so I have watched both Anderson, and belive it or not, Gibbson a few times before.

golden_blunder

Staff
Ouch, sorry mate?

Actually do watch United play a few games a season, so I have watched both Anderson, and belive it or not, Gibbson a few times before.
Then you will know that Gibson has been out injured for 2 months and this was his first start back. You'll have taken that into account with your judgment right?

golden_blunder

Staff
The difference is Geebs, Anderson has already showed what he can do at this level - which is why he was voted man of the month last month.
4 years ago, Fletcher was having good games inconsistently too, didn't stop our so called fans saying he should be playing Championship football not PL

Jacob

I don't see anything special about Gibson, nor do I think he is United quality... that said, Fergie apparently sees something in him otherwise he'd be out the door a couple of seasons ago.

He's got an incredible shot on him though, everytime he shoots I think he's gonna score.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I thought Gibson did alright tonight and was unlucky to get subbed off, especially when you consider the fact that Anderson was left on the field for the full duration of the game despite playing like total fecking shit.

e.cantona

Then you will know that Gibson has been out injured for 2 months and this was his first start back. You'll have taken that into account with your judgment right?
Well actually, if I based my opinion on todays match, then no I did not know that.

But you shout kneejerk at someone's opinion.

I might have watched some United games before the one today. You'll have taken that into account with your...judgment right?

e.cantona

4 years ago, Fletcher was having good games inconsistently too, didn't stop our so called fans saying he should be playing Championship football not PL
In my defence them, I never once doubted Fletcher. Actually quite the opposite

golden_blunder

Staff
Well actually, if I based my opinion on todays match, then no I did not know that.

But you shout kneejerk at someone's opinion.

I might have watched some United games before the one today. You'll have taken that into account with your...judgment right?
off course, but then considering he hardly played this season, you must be basing your opinion on last season then right? The season when he made some starts, scored a few crackers and generally got good praise.

I mean you really couldn't be judging a player on an opinion formed of him more than 2 years ago could you?

e.cantona

off course, but then considering he hardly played this season, you must be basing your opinion on last season then right? The season when he made some starts, scored a few crackers and generally got good praise.

I mean you really couldn't be judging a player on an opinion formed of him more than 2 years ago could you?
I usually base my opinion on what I see. Every onece in a while it wont be the same as everyone elses. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes not.

If you gave your opinion on a player, whoever it might be, I wouldnt jump to conclusion and say kneejerk just because it's not the same as mine. Maybe if I knew a bit more about you, but I dont.

twitter thread suggester
We can't just use Fletch as an argument every time it suits us. Then we should never rule out players under 24.

Gibson is no Fletcher, at least not in most people's eyes, and I think it's okay for people to have formed an opinion on Gibson by now. There are a lot of midfielders at the club and coming through the ranks, and even though Fergie likes the lad, then it just doesn't look like he'll be able to make his way into the team the same way Fletch did.

Even if he's Northern Irish :smirk:

Ekeke

I definately wont write him off, he could make it. But I wont be surprised if he's off in the summer making a little room for a new central midfielder or giving a chance to one of the other younger prospects.

golden_blunder

Staff
We can't just use Fletch as an argument every time it suits us. Then we should never rule out players under 24.

Gibson is no Fletcher, at least not in most people's eyes, and I think it's okay for people to have formed an opinion on Gibson by now. There are a lot of midfielders at the club and coming through the ranks, and even though Fergie likes the lad, then it just doesn't look like he'll be able to make his way into the team the same way Fletch did.

Even if he's Northern Irish :smirk:
Thats not what im fecked off about Top. I'm fecked off because (and it was the same with Fletcher), apparently not only is it time for us to say that he's not good enough for United but no, thats not going far enough, we like to degrade the lad so that he's only good enough for Hull, Stoke or worse.

And the Fletcher (and O'Shea) arguments are very valid. It shows that we fans dont know our arse from our elbow, don't have enough patience and the coaches are more informed than us.

twitter thread suggester
Thats not what im fecked off about Top. I'm fecked off because (and it was the same with Fletcher), apparently not only is it time for us to say that he's not good enough for United but no, thats not going far enough, we like to degrade the lad so that he's only good enough for Hull, Stoke or worse.
I think that's just the way it is, people like to exaggerate when arguing their case - Nani has been the victim of that for a year now, and it has pissed me off as well, because I, unlike most people, like the lad - just like how you like Gibson, while a lot of people can't see him ever being 'United quality', which is frustrating.

And the Fletcher (and O'Shea) arguments are very valid. It shows that we fans dont know our arse from our elbow, don't have enough patience and the coaches are more informed than us.
Well obviously, but this is after all a forum, and if we just assume that none of us have a clue and that we shouldn't post if we don't know what we're talking about, then the forum would be empty.

But I know where you're coming from, I was fed up as well a month or so back.

championo

Top Stalker
In my defence them, I never once doubted Fletcher. Actually quite the opposite
This is not true. There is evidence to the contrary Sir, your tune in 2007 is very different in not doubting Fletcher, you may want to edit this post above, after you have done that, I will edit mine to save you.

Ekeke

The majority of the Fletcher abuse came at a time when he wasnt playing in central midfield though. And then some people needed a while to come to terms with the fact that their initial opinions of Fletcher, on the right wing, were in fact wrong when it came to him playing in central midfield. Some people still dont accept that he's a very good central midfielder but the less said about them, the better.

As for the O'Shea argument - Gibson probably does fall into the same category. But there's only so much space in a squad for 'good backup' players who take multiple seasons to prove themselves. You can have a few but once you've got one for each position its less likely that newer ones will be kept around long term.

e.cantona

This is not true. There is evidence to the contrary Sir, your tune in 2007 is very different in not doubting Fletcher, you may want to edit this post above, after you have done that, I will edit mine to save you.
Hm, maybe once then? You did a post search on me? :) I think you must be the first one on here who ever done that. Thanks! What did I say?

championo

Top Stalker
Hm, maybe once then? You did a post search on me? :) I think you must be the first one on here who ever done that. Thanks! What did I say?
Just a scare tactic :lol::lol:,( lately it has been hard to find those who thrashed Fletcher that one has to resort to threats to find them) you did not do that bad on Fletcher, you just summed him up with TK as maybe the weakest link, but down the thread, you placed a deep defense of Fletcher against someone by the name B Cantona.
Link

e.cantona

Just a scare tactic :lol::lol:,( lately it has been hard to find those who thrashed Fletcher that one has to resort to threats to find them) you did not do that bad on Fletcher, you just summed him up with TK as maybe the weakest link, but down the thread, you placed a deep defense of Fletcher against someone by the name B Cantona.
Link
Hah look at that, I didnt do bad at all :) You should see some of my other stuff on Fletcher. Would blow your mind ;)

beergod

I can't see him making it. I can't put my finger on exactly what bothers me about him but I'm not a fan of him. I think he will develop into the type of player that could be quite decent at a midtable club but he seems too slow to be a top player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Is shooting supposed to be one of his strengths?
give the lad a chance, clearly very eager to impress and the pressure got to him.

I still like the look of him, but don't know what Fergie makes of him, I would give him more chances off the bench.

datura

I can't see him making it. I can't put my finger on exactly what bothers me about him but I'm not a fan of him. I think he will develop into the type of player that could be quite decent at a midtable club but he seems too slow to be a top player.
He's pretty quick when he gets into his running, but is a little slow off the mark compared to someone like Fletcher.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Poor lad looked well out of it tonight.

I can only hope for the benefit of his career he considers what's best for him, Fergie rates the lad and that's why he's still here into his 20's, but I think his career would be best suited in a club where he'd play everyday.

He's Prem material that's for certain.