Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

cyberman

Everybody can see the palace defender gets a slight deflection just as he swings right?

I love to laugh at Scousers just as much as anybody, but I feel like people are trying a bit too hard with this.
Yeah but he isn’t getting to the ball if the defender missed it and it’s not as if he was swinging for that shot and it was deflected. His feet wasn’t quick enough. The defender is far enough away that he can time a touch, the swing just looks terrible

Robbie Boy

Everybody can see the palace defender gets a slight deflection just as he swings right?

I love to laugh at Scousers just as much as anybody, but I feel like people are trying a bit too hard with this.
It's obviously a-bit of piss taking, for the most part.

I can't imagine many on here have seen a whole lot of him.

mctrials23

Indeed. Hes got a bit of a janky style so any mistakes look a lot more ugly than perhaps they are.

I still think they have massively overpaid for him but Liverpool seem to be able to polish any turd to an acceptable standard these days. If if he was shit I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell him for £100m in 2 years somehow.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He might be a great player but the people who said he's a bit of a donkey were spot on. Looks so awkward on the ball. Reminds me so much of Lukaku.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
The Uruguayan Andy Carroll.

10-15 goals all comps this season.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's about time they had a genuine dud of a big transfer, Keita was probably the last big money "iffy" transfer.

Hoping this lump will be it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
All you had to do was look at his stats and he was in the bottom 1% for pass completion, 1% for shot creating actions & 17% for passes received.

All adds up to someone rarely involved in the build up and when he does receive it he's more likely to give it away than link up with a team mate.

He'll be a penalty box poacher and that's a completely different style to what they are used to with Firmino or Mane playing up top.

I’m loving my life

Once the PEDs kick in and he starts snowballing asthma inhalers, we’re all going to see a very different player

Blood Mage

Madness to spunk a fortune on a player who's only had one elite season in an average league and outperformed his xG throughout that season. I'm glad we drove the price up for the dippers and then pulled out.

AjaxNL

He is wank. He was wank against Ajax in the CL too, although he did score twice then. Still wank.

BarstoolProphet

Don't see the big deal with that miss tbh. Defender got a toe on it, most strikers would have miskicked that. He was poor against us on Tuesday though, nothing resembling a 100m player.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Because he's came on as a sub in two pre season games, fans suggesting he's rubbish is premature.
He was bought as a Mane replacement though, and he is not even the same level. Forget Mane, Salah, Firmino, Diaz and Jota are all better, which is a concern considering they paid £85m for him.

TheReligion

Abusive
On track to be at least! Certainly nothing I've seen in preseason has even remotely dissuaded me from my opinion over the past couple years.
You usually give a good and fair assessment mate so I’m hopeful you’ll pull through. So far you look on the money again!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Cant judge anything on a pre-season really, but from what highlights i have seen, he does not look top level, at all. I remember seeing it somewhere, maybe sky sports; that he'd only had one, maybe 2 good seasons in Benfica...

Mind you I thought the same when we bought Diego Costa and he was shite in the WC that year... but a different player when the league started

Chief123

Klopp was very defensive and sensitive about him yesterday. Maybe he's not liking what he's seeing in training.
He was so touchy about him in the interview. It’s like he’s trying desperately to not let pressure snowball on Darwin Theory. But the player goes and adds more pressure every time he goes out looking like Lukaku.

Regardless of how many he gets this season, Liverpool have had their pants pulled down for 100m. Even the benfica fans can’t believe it on their forums.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He just looks really clumsy, so mistakes look really bad as a result.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I mean I'm sure when the season starts and Trent/robertson is crossing the ball 54 times a game he's sure to get his donkey head on one of them right?

I'm sure he will score goals but its obvious already that he's Not a 100 mil player.

Benfica have bent them over big time.

skc_18

He seems to be quick , and physical enough to be handful to defenders. Constant running too, so would blend in at Liverpool.
But his touch seems to be bad, not sure if it is due to pressure. If it is really due to pressure, then over-time he will do good.
Hopefully he never does that and fails at Liverpool.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It’s funny how shit he is

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean I'm sure when the season starts and Trent/robertson is crossing the ball 54 times a game he's sure to get his donkey head on one of them right?

I'm sure he will score goals but its obvious already that he's Not a 100 mil player.

Indeed, he will likely lukaku his way into a decent goals total.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I literally told everyone. Only people raving about Darwin never saw him for 2 years in Portugal.

Could he be ok yes absolutely but ATM 100M for Him was ridiculous. Liverpool got worse because he is not going to replicate or replace mane. At least not this first year.

As I always said Benfica players….. it was nothing like Luiz Diaz who was amazing for 3 years. Darwin had one good season in 2… and even then he showed a lot of deficiencies. In Portugal many tall strikers succeed like Dost Slimani Jackson and ….Darwin…. Portugal league defenses don’t do well with big tall strikers.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

Benfica put these crazy price tags on their player and people pay them even through their track record is not all that great.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Chances are he'll come good and bang in 20 goals, but feck me I'm really enjoying reading this thread. Carry on lads :lol:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Indeed. Hes got a bit of a janky style so any mistakes look a lot more ugly than perhaps they are.

I still think they have massively overpaid for him but Liverpool seem to be able to polish any turd to an acceptable standard these days. If if he was shit I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell him for £100m in 2 years somehow.
They got €150mill for Coutinho so everythings possible.

IrishRedDevil

His every touch being analysed :drool:

That’s what you get when you talk about not spending €100m on players and then do in fact go and spend €100m on a player…