Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Despite being a "crossing team" their 1 league title success has been built around two attackers with exceptional technical qualities in Mane and Salah.
With Henderson at the heart of the midfield who isn't exactly technically excellent player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With Henderson at the heart of the midfield who isn't exactly technically excellent player.
Because the midfield is the least important part (in terms of technuque) of their system and serves to give energy and running power. Fill an entire team with that and you get West Ham.

Tavern in the town

He’s a tier below the elite technicians of course but he’s (or was, he’s declined quite a bit now) still pretty underrated in that aspect. He’s consistently been in the top tier for most passing stats like pass completion, forward passes, progressive passes etc. for years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because the midfield is the least important part (in terms of technuque) of their system and serves to give energy and running power. Fill an entire team with that and you get West Ham.
When the entire footballing world says midfield is the most important part of the game, you are saying it's least important.

Technique is equally important for midfield as they see most of the ball, they are the ones who sets the base for both attack and defense.

Let's see, City signed Haaland, Liverpool signed Nune, looks like they think they need more than technical players.

TheReligion

Abusive
I had absolutely no reason to watch a non-game. I was enjoying the London sun. I still haven't seen any highlights obviously. :lol:

Did you enjoy the boom yesterday. I mean the game?
yes it was nice seeing the kids play well against your first team in that second half

Good run out for the lads under the new manager.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
yes it was nice seeing the kids play well against your first team in that second half

Good run out for the lads under the new manager.
Ralf did something similar beginning of last summer. Too much, too soon. Understandable when you're trying to fix a galactic size problem. But leads to fatigue far too early.

Pickle85

What's the worst that could happen ? Someone from the internet will quote you with a green smiley?

feck that, I laughed at him looking gangly and awkward yesterday. Hopefully there's to come of that.
Exactly. I wake up in cold sweats at the very thought.

He looked bad the other day but I fear he'll become formidable under Klopp.

Red00012

I had absolutely no reason to watch a non-game. I was enjoying the London sun. I still haven't seen any highlights obviously. :lol:

Did you enjoy the boom yesterday. I mean the game?
On a rival forum for years and doesn’t watch Liverpool games I’m sure you’re classified as a proper “fan”:lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
On a rival forum for years and doesn’t watch Liverpool games I’m sure you’re classified as a proper “fan”:lol:
I didn't watch it either tbf. The first half I was asleep for and the second half was on whilst I was getting ready for work.

I don't make much effort to watch friendlies in pre season. Normally just check the result and some stats afterwards.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I didn't watch it either tbf. The first half I was asleep for and the second half was on whilst I was getting ready for work.

I don't make much effort to watch friendlies in pre season. Normally just check the result and some stats afterwards.
That's not wholly true, for me anyway. I remember the boom-bust days when I was on here rubbing in every Voronin and Sean Dundee preseason goals. :D

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That's not wholly true, for me anyway. I remember the boom-bust days when I was on here rubbing in every Voronin and Sean Dundee preseason goals. :D
Pretty sure Le-Tallec and Pongolle used to do it all in pre-season then disintegrate once the season started.

Wait until we're crap again once Klopp goes. We'll be back to hyping up Sean Aberdeen and Andrei Seratonin all summer.

RuudTom83

Poor guy, not only does he have Haaland for a direct comparison he also has the massive price tag and a new league to cope with...no pressure :devil:

Might be a rough ride this season.

Nero

Move aside Lukaku, football has found its new meme.

Tavern in the town

He’ll be fine. Liverpool’s forwards miss big chances regularly. The important thing is he keeps getting on the end of them.

Zoo

Klopp was very defensive and sensitive about him yesterday. Maybe he's not liking what he's seeing in training.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His touch makes Lukaku's look like prime fat Ronaldo

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everybody can see the palace defender gets a slight deflection just as he swings right?

I love to laugh at Scousers just as much as anybody, but I feel like people are trying a bit too hard with this.

cyberman

He scored over half of his career total goals last season. 100m is a stupid gamble.
Also see he’s played 130 odd games. At 23 doesn’t that seem a bit undercooked? Did he turn pro late ala Forlan or something?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
At least if he is a donkey like Lukaku we can call him one without fear of being called racist. I still think he will end up a decent player though once he's settled in.

evil_geko

Everybody can see the palace defender gets a slight deflection just as he swings right?

I love to laugh at Scousers just as much as anybody, but I feel like people are trying a bit too hard with this.
This.