Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
One of the scum messaged me saying he be top scorer this season, totally forgetting Salah plays for them too :lol:
Be good for us if they try and outdo each other… Salah as that mind set in him, he wants to be the one that gets all the goals as he shown when he didn’t always pass to mane when he was in better position. Don’t think he’ll score more then haaland.

Melvin Udall

All his goals have Lukaku traits pen, tap in and ball to run onto.
Lukaku is a talented player, he’s just lazy and often surrounded by drama. I would happily take a player like that if he worked hard and fit what ETH wants from the position. Still think Liverpool overpaid a lot though. I also wonder if they were planning for Salah to leave when they signed him. Salah produced a lot with Firmino and Mane playing the false 9. I don’t think he will work well with Nunez.

Flexdegea

Be good for us if they try and outdo each other… Salah as that mind set in him, he wants to be the one that gets all the goals as he shown when he didn’t always pass to mane when he was in better position. Don’t think he’ll score more then haaland.

Aye they are deluded.

In one hand saying it's a friendly doesn't matter, and in next sentence he going to be top scorer next season for scoring 4 in a friendly.

But yes can only be a good thing if Salah doesnt gel with him straight away, as him and Mane had an unreal partnership to be fair.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thank god he scored so many tonight, managed to goad my mate into a bet that be wont outscore Vardy next season.

GoldanoGraham

VVD, Alisson, Trent, Salah, Thiago, Fabinho, Robertson
Team has peaked - winning a couple of domestic cups - key to that team was Mane - they will be nothing like as effective up front next season - Salah will be half the player without Mane and Nunez being shoe-horned in will just upset the rhythm - there seems to be this belief that this current Liverpool team are full of worldies - they bottled it all at the end, are all a year older and some will not hit that level again - honestly, I would be surprised if they make top 3 next season. Everything goes in cycles and their purple patch will now dwindle.

Chief123

Team has peaked - winning a couple of domestic cups - key to that team was Mane - they will be nothing like as effective up front next season - Salah will be half the player without Mane and Nunez being shoe-horned in will just upset the rhythm - there seems to be this belief that this current Liverpool team are full of worldies - they bottled it all at the end, are all a year older and some will not hit that level again - honestly, I would be surprised if they make top 3 next season. Everything goes in cycles and their purple patch will now dwindle.
I think that’s a bit of a wild conclusion. There’s nothing to suggest at this moment in time that they have peaked. They still have players who are regarded as world class. Mane is a huge loss and Nunez isn’t an upgrade. So I do agree in that the team has downgraded slightly from last year.

But we’re still talking about a team who were 10 minutes (league) and 1 goal away (UCL) from winning the quadruple.

KwendaHuko

I think that’s a bit of a wild conclusion. There’s nothing to suggest at this moment in time that they have peaked. They still have players who are regarded as world class. Mane is a huge loss and Nunez isn’t an upgrade. So I do agree in that the team has downgraded slightly from last year.

But we’re still talking about a team who were 10 minutes (league) and 1 goal away (UCL) from winning the quadruple.
Both finals they won, Liverpool were 1 penalty kick away to a trophyless season, if we go by your analogy.

GoldanoGraham

I just don’t believe that that team can repeat those heights again with what I believe is one of the most key components now gone - I don’t think people are understanding what it takes out of players when they get so near but get pipped at the line - the stars aligned for that team for a long time last season but at the end they didn’t have what it took to overcome City and Madrid. It’s hard to go again after that.

With so many pundits (mostly ex Liverpool losers) blowing so much smoke up their arse and now thinking that because they’ve signed Nunez it’s job done - he won’t play the same for the team as Mane….Salah will not hit last season pre Xmas again and the ageing midfield will find it harder.

I think they are weaker than last season now and the completion is better - City, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd will all be much better than last year. It’s City that are the team to beat, I don’t think Liverpool will finish second, maybe not even third.

Chief123

I just don’t believe that that team can repeat those heights again with what I believe is one of the most key components now gone - I don’t think people are understanding what it takes out of players when they get so near but get pipped at the line - the stars aligned for that team for a long time last season but at the end they didn’t have what it took to overcome City and Madrid. It’s hard to go again after that.

With so many pundits (mostly ex Liverpool losers) blowing so much smoke up their arse and now thinking that because they’ve signed Nunez it’s job done - he won’t play the same for the team as Mane….Salah will not hit last season pre Xmas again and the ageing midfield will find it harder.

I think they are weaker than last season now and the completion is better - City, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd will all be much better than last year. It’s City that are the team to beat, I don’t think Liverpool will finish second, maybe not even third.
I still think it’ll be City and Liverpool for 1st and 2nd. However, I think City will run away with the league. I don’t see it being close like recent years. Even though Liverpool are weaker I still think they have enough to get 2nd as I don’t think the rest have strengthened enough. I’ve seen some suggestions that spurs could finish 2nd. I find that an incredibly wild prediction. Yes they’ve strengthened, but it’s more depth than a considerable improvement on their first XI. I think with the signings, the pressure is actually on Conte to deliver now which has the potential for Conte to implode mid season.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Tbf that's about as ugly :lol: as a poker can be

I think he will be one to score loads vs Porto and PAOK in the UCL but struggle and be benched in the PL

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Those were as scruffy as a quad can be. I remember Dirk Kuyt hitting a hattrick. He wasn't a bad player and actually contributed to the Scouser. Nuñez is taller, faster and stronger than him and appear to be as dogged. And Nuñez will actually get to spearhead that front 3.

Never thought that Nunez is going to be a flop, it's just 85m is a lot of money no matter how you slice it. Justifying that price tag will take some doing.

Idxomer

Goals against Bundesliga teams don't count, they're rubbish and can't defend.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
If he plays 70-90min every game in PL this season and if Liverpool will be dominating the league together with City like last seasons, then him not scoring 20, or at least 17-20 goals, with a fee around 80-85m euro and that can raise to 100m euros, would be nothing else then a flop, same with Haaland. Ronaldo scored 18 goals in a team had 0 confidence last 4-5-6 months, no trainer (Ralph was more focused to fix the structure of how the club was ran then even trying to win games, many players had their worst season ever (Shaw, Maguire, Rashford, AWB) others had bad seasons and Sancho who we had high hopes for started to play good when it was almost over for us in every competion.

But, i dont see him not scoring a lot of goals, Mané is gone, he will play in the middle of the front three where Kloops instructions will be to help to start scoring goals as soon as possible to remove the pressure from the high fee, people will be satisfied even if he plays like shite as long as he scores, and Kloop knows that, same thing with Haaland in City - every small chance there is for either one of them to score, the direction will be to pass them the ball. And if City and Liverpool keep scoring 100 goals in PL, then it would just been weird not seeing Haaland and Nunez scoring 20+ goals. In City the players will be fine with that, they don't have that many selfish players (KDB, Mahrez, Silva, Foden etc) are all good to just play nice football and being invoved in the set ups, but in Liverpool you have Salah that is used to be the top scorer and the one that final pass goes to, he is not getting younger, he has 2-3 more years to shine and i'm not sure he is willing to let Nunez takes his place yet, Luis Diaz is also a player that loves to shine and be in the spotlight, reminds me a bit of Suarez, but in his style of dribbling but also his personality.

Either way, 65m+ add ons for Haaland is 10 times better deal then 80+add ons for Nunez that had one good season in Portugal. Haaland has scored goals for since he was 16-17 in Norway (Molde) 14 in 38 matches, Salzburg 17 in 16 matches and 62 in 67 matches for Dortmund in Bundesliga and CL - also 20 in 21 matches for Norway. Only problem is that rumor that he has a clause in his contract that he can leave for 100-120m euro in 3 years, and that will probably happen the same year as Mbappe also joins Real Madrid.

Just think if it happens.

Courtois
RB - Militao - Rudriger - Mendy
Valverde - Tchouaméni - Camavinga
Mbappe - Haaland - Vini JR

Holymacaroni.

bringbackbebe

Leipzig taking lessons from Maguire & Lindelof & bottling under high press.

For Liverpool, that Carvalho kid is looking really good. Who is shirt # 43?

iamking

Darwin Nunez, despite all the hype, will play second fiddle to Firmino this season. Klopp will take him out of the firing line and slowly bring him into the team by choosing favorable situations. Don't expect him to start consistently till Christmass atleast. He did the same with the likes of Thiago, Fabinho, Keita, Konate etc., It will not be very different for Nunez. Liverpool did well to replace Mane with Diaz+Nunez (lot of people forget that Diaz was meant to be a Mane replacement, signed earlier due to Spurs bottling it). It will be Diaz, Firmino, Salah, with Nunez in and out of the team most of the season as back up for both Firmino and Diaz until he settles.

Liverpool technically lost Origi +Minamino+ Mane and brought in Nunez+Diaz to replace them. It will hit them hard in the cups more than PL and they will go back to playing only for the PL and CL sacrificing the cups. Last year was a freak for them, as Minamino and Origi despite all criticism came good for them in the Cups.

Ibi Dreams

I thought Liverpool fans were always saying Firmino was one of their most important players. Why's this guy benching him?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He’s gonna flop in the Prem - Liverpool will struggle without their true world class player buggering off to Bayern.

cant wait to hear the likes of Danny Murphy talking shite when ETH’s team finish higher than Flopps team - this guy ain’t the answer….
#FanFic

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
If he plays 70-90min every game in PL this season and if Liverpool will be dominating the league together with City like last seasons, then him not scoring 20, or at least 17-20 goals, with a fee around 80-85m euro and that can raise to 100m euros, would be nothing else then a flop, same with Haaland. Ronaldo scored 18 goals in a team had 0 confidence last 4-5-6 months, no trainer (Ralph was more focused to fix the structure of how the club was ran then even trying to win games, many players had their worst season ever (Shaw, Maguire, Rashford, AWB) others had bad seasons and Sancho who we had high hopes for started to play good when it was almost over for us in every competion.

But, i dont see him not scoring a lot of goals, Mané is gone, he will play in the middle of the front three where Kloops instructions will be to help to start scoring goals as soon as possible to remove the pressure from the high fee, people will be satisfied even if he plays like shite as long as he scores, and Kloop knows that, same thing with Haaland in City - every small chance there is for either one of them to score, the direction will be to pass them the ball. And if City and Liverpool keep scoring 100 goals in PL, then it would just been weird not seeing Haaland and Nunez scoring 20+ goals. In City the players will be fine with that, they don't have that many selfish players (KDB, Mahrez, Silva, Foden etc) are all good to just play nice football and being invoved in the set ups, but in Liverpool you have Salah that is used to be the top scorer and the one that final pass goes to, he is not getting younger, he has 2-3 more years to shine and i'm not sure he is willing to let Nunez takes his place yet, Luis Diaz is also a player that loves to shine and be in the spotlight, reminds me a bit of Suarez, but in his style of dribbling but also his personality.

Either way, 65m+ add ons for Haaland is 10 times better deal then 80+add ons for Nunez that had one good season in Portugal. Haaland has scored goals for since he was 16-17 in Norway (Molde) 14 in 38 matches, Salzburg 17 in 16 matches and 62 in 67 matches for Dortmund in Bundesliga and CL - also 20 in 21 matches for Norway. Only problem is that rumor that he has a clause in his contract that he can leave for 100-120m euro in 3 years, and that will probably happen the same year as Mbappe also joins Real Madrid.

Just think if it happens.

Courtois
RB - Militao - Rudriger - Mendy
Valverde - Tchouaméni - Camavinga
Mbappe - Haaland - Vini JR

Holymacaroni.
You are barking mad, mate. Haaland cost City 500kpw while Nuñez only 140kpw. That's 360k extra every week. In 2 years, the salary difference would have made their nominal transfer fee equal. This has not even factored in the agent + representation fee paid to his father. Haaland is a quarter billion pound expenditure in 5 years.

He would have to register close to prime Cris-me-ano Ronaldo or Messi's number to justify that kind of financial outlay. But we're talking about oil state funded club here, logic makes no sense.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He will score goals but will be a detriment to the overall team (Ronaldo anyone?) :nervous:

Kostov

I think he will score goals for them for sure, easily more than Mane, but in terms of significance and build up, they will get a downgrade with this guy.