Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not sure about that.

Was silly by Liverpool and there was a reason no other club was willing to pay that much.
Of course it was silly, in hindsight, but his goal scoring record in the previous season was good enough for them to justify it at the time. Turned out to be a bad move. Point was, if he’s a 100m player then the barometer for a 100m player isn’t great right now. Antony was 100m too and let’s be honest, even though he looks good (and better than Núñez thankfully) he’s far from being a world beater. Graelish too, far from worth it.

And then there’s Lukaku… :lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

Same sort of vibe that I got from Werner.

No matter how good the chnace, you just always thought he was going to miss.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
At least I see one thing in him, he's great at finding the spaces to score. If he develops his finishing skills and touch, he will be a lot better.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course it was silly, in hindsight, but his goal scoring record in the previous season was good enough for them to justify it at the time. Turned out to be a bad move. Point was, if he’s a 100m player then the barometer for a 100m player isn’t great right now. Antony was 100m too and let’s be honest, even though he looks good (and better than Núñez thankfully) he’s far from being a world beater. Graelish too, far from worth it.

And then there’s Lukaku… :lol:
The Barca trio is the most special one tbh in terms of money wasted (Coutinho/Dembele/Griezmann)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This isn’t that crazy as an opinion. Nunez has 9 goals and 3 assists in 19 appearances this season.

United’s top scorer is Rashford with…9 goals and 3 assists in 20 appearances. Rashford is also two years older.

Nunez clearly has issues with technique but he’s been no worse than United’s best output this season.
The difference is that one plays central and has scored his 9 from about 1,009 chances and the other one is Rashford.

Karmapolice

at least Balotelli scored that goal against germany, i'm not seeing him developing into anything but a "decent" striker.

Massive Spanner

The Barca trio is the most special one tbh in terms of money wasted (Coutinho/Dembele/Griezmann)
I don’t know about Dembele, he’s probably one of the best wingers in Europe now.

Griezmann was more an example of how poorly Barca were run. Completely the wrong player for their needs, but clearly a great player in the right system.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same sort of vibe that I got from Werner.

No matter how good the chnace, you just always thought he was going to miss.
Good comparison. Similar sprinter sort of pace too.
But an utterly sh!te menace in terms of finishing.

Still will score 20, but only because his team will play 60 games and he personally will have 2,000 chances.

TheReligion

Abusive
Maybe, and it's my new theory, the club and Klopp knew an oil country was taking us over last summer. So splash the money and if it doesn't work out he can be our Grealish on the bench. We'll just spend loads again soon, when we officially get taken over.
Sounds like you’re praying for state ownership which for a club like Liverpool is kinda sad tbh

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t know about Dembele, he’s probably one of the best wingers in Europe now.

Griezmann was more an example of how poorly Barca were run. Completely the wrong player for their needs, but clearly a great player in the right system.
Still, a lot of money wasted overall. Even at his best, what was spent on Dembele for the return, it is crazy. Besides, I am targeting the players alone tbh. You're right, the club has to give them the right setup to succeed too

Massive Spanner

Still, a lot of money wasted overall. Even at his best, what was spent on Dembele for the return, it is crazy
At the time it was crazy and helped to change the market forever along with the Neymar transfer for sure. Right now, given he’s still only 25, it weirdly worked out ok for them.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Oh well done him for being able to find space, its almost like he's a striker or something.
Praising him for the bare minimum a forward most have.

But,but he can move ! Yeah, well done him.

ROFLUTION

I somehow think his often praised xG will even out a bit in the next couple of games as he gets regular game time.

not a bad player, but not great neither. He’s beginning to gel better with Salah than in the beginning though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
"What's the best way to keep liverpool from scoring?"
"Let Darwin Nuñez get through 1on1 with the gk!"

Sylar

Nunez is brilliant

Commentators really trying to find ways to excuse him though

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s infuriating. Does so much good work until he actually has to finish, then screws up.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Not sure why people think he’ll all of the sudden turn into a cold blooded finisher with more experience. This isn’t like a Vinicius situation where you have a supremely talented technical player that just lacks composure in the final third. He doesn’t have any sort of technique.

Hes very fast though I’ll give him that. He’s like if you took an NFL WR and told him to play upfront for Liverpool.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not sure why people think he’ll all of the sudden turn into a cold blooded finisher with more experience. This isn’t like a Vinicius situation where you have a supremely talented technical player that just lacks composure in the final third. He doesn’t have any sort of technique.

Hes very fast though I’ll give him that. He’s like if you took an NFL WR and told him to play upfront for Liverpool.
The flip-side is that people are writing him off as a donkey after half a season in a new league. He’s 23 and its perfectly feasible that he could improve beyond his current ability.

TheReligion

Abusive
The flip-side is that people are writing him off as a donkey after half a season in a new league. He’s 23 and its perfectly feasible that he could improve beyond his current ability.
Its his price tag people find amusing. Especially as Liverpool have got it badly wrong.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Last season his conversion rate was the highest in the top 6 leagues. This thread is asking to look very silly.

TheReligion

Abusive
Last season his conversion rate was the highest in the top 6 leagues. This thread is asking to look very silly.
Not really. He looks no where near the three figure fee they paid.

If you look at his stats he’s had one prolific season (last year) and that’s about it.

Many Portuguese football followers were baffled at the price they paid, even after last season, and it’s quite clear hes not worth anything near it.