David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
De Gea's top 30 saves this year, just shows how many times he saved us.

Homeomorphic

I hope he develops into the best keeper in the world at Old Trafford. The GK position will be solved for another decade for La Roja. :drool:

Homeomorphic

Doubt he will be gunning for a move to Real Madrid at any point...
He himself won't. But Marca, AS and Real Madrid will try to tap him up anyway as they did with Agüero if De Gea becomes world class. It's inevitable. They don't have any promising keeper coming through their youth ranks.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Depends, they could always approach Reina.

Mersault

Did he actually have the laser eye-surgery SAF talked about or was that a smoke screen?

puNANI

Funny thing is that he makes them difficult saves look easy to him. This bloke has so much potential that 17m can or will look like a bargain down the line.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
haha awesome, Hopefully Agent De Gea gets him back to O.T while hes in England.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I didn't, but there is a few people saying "he could be our keeper for the next 20 years" but logically I doubt that.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
"We have played together for a long time, we know each other, how we play, how we work, and we get on well," De Gea says, as Iker Muniain, his inseparable room-mate, stands a few metres away giggling.

Interesting :)

And we don't obviously know if he'll stay his whole career here (seems unlikely, its a long time even by footballing standards) but the amount of strong youngish Spanish keepers will help our cause by keeping him away from Barca and Real. Anyway as he grows-up here he's bound to become more settled, and might go all Reina on us and not want to leave the area.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/22/david-de-gea-spain-olympic-history?CMP=twt_gu

Interview conducted by Sid Lowe with the bearded one. Hmmmm, the last bit makes me wonder if he'll stay with us the for the majority of his career or not.
His comments in the second to last paragraph don't surprise/worry me. It is to be expected that he'd feel that way. Going to United is probably the first time he's been out of his country for an extended amount of time (not including the U21 championships and other tournaments he's been to with his national team) so it is natural he'd miss his family. He probably doesn't see his girlfriend for extended periods of time due to her singing career and doesn't she do some TV work in Spain too?

In time things should get better for him as he gets more used to the country and the language. It says that he can understand most things but is finding it hard to speak which is good progress.

GingerPrince11

"We have played together for a long time, we know each other, how we play, how we work, and we get on well," De Gea says, as Iker Muniain, his inseparable room-mate, stands a few metres away giggling.

And we don't obviously know if he'll stay his whole career here (seems unlikely, its a long time even by footballing standards) but the amount of strong youngish Spanish keepers will help our cause by keeping him away from Barca and Real. Anyway as he grows-up here he's bound to become more settled, and might go all Reina on us and not want to leave the area.
Well, Real and Barca aren't really in need of keepers atm or the past few years, so where would Reina really go? I am sure in a couple years when Valdes ages, Barca will come after De Gea. And I don't think De Gea will ever go to Real, considering he started his career at Atletico.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
""I think that at times people don't realise that it's not easy. You travel a lot, you work hard. When you come home in Spain, your family are waiting for you. When you're in England, they're not. For a Spaniard it's different. What are the worst things? From a Spaniards' perspective, it rains a lot, it's cloudy, it gets dark very early, maybe you're a bit bored. The winter can be hard: playing over Christmas is a big change. The food: it's not bad but it's not the same. You miss friends and family. People don't always appreciate that. There are hard moments.

"But those are the sacrifices you have to make to keep on growing and to improve as a footballer. And when you play, when you go on to the pitch, when you hear that atmosphere, when you play the game, that small sadness gets washed away. And then you're happy."

Mersault

I don't see much in that to have more doubts than before as to whether he stays for a long while or not. Personally, I think he could. Doubt SAF would've spent so much money on him - having gone through the Ronaldo episode - and nurture him with a first 11 place if he didn't think, with good reason, that he'd stay for a good chunk of his career with us, maybe even most or all of it.

"That small sadness gets washed away. And then you're happy"

I like that

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/22/david-de-gea-spain-olympic-history?CMP=twt_gu

Interview conducted by Sid Lowe with the bearded one. Hmmmm, the last bit makes me wonder if he'll stay with us the for the majority of his career or not.
I'm with Damien1990 on this one.

They're not particularly worrying - he's just not pretending that Manchester is his favourite place in the world to be, but that as long as he's developing as a player it's a worthy sacrifice. Nothing wrong with that perspective.

Bebe

I'm with Damien1990 on this one.

They're not particularly worrying - he's just not pretending that Manchester is his favourite place in the world to be, but that as long as he's developing as a player it's a worthy sacrifice. Nothing wrong with that perspective.
Its been his first year in a strange city, can't blame him at all for being a bit homesick. Even if he spends 5 years here that will probably change. He'll find places he enjoys eating (though there are only two..), make friends, buy a good raincoat, learn the language etc.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

" Spain are world and European Champions. Last summer they won the European Under-21 championship and it is barely a fortnight since they won this summer's European Under-19 championship"

Well that tournament slipped by unnoticed. Any United players involved?

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Sam Johnstone, Tom Thorpe and Michael Keane for England. Only saw the one game, the semi-final loss to Greece, thought all did fairly well, though Johnstone was poor for the first Greece goal, came for a cross and got nowhere near. There was no non-English United players.

Spain team that won it had Suso from Liverpool and Suárez from City.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
You missed an entertaining tournament then...Pogba, formerly of United, featured very well for Les Bleus along with defenders Tom Thorpe & Michael Keane for England.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

I'm afraid Barca and us are going to be after him at some point though, it's almost inevitable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm afraid Barca and us are going to be after him at some point though, it's almost inevitable.
Barca perhaps, cant see him going to Real though.

He is atletico through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.