g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KjaAnd

He's not very keen on moving outside the six-yard box, is he? There was a point in tonight's game where Young tackled the ball from Pedro (I think) toward our goalline. Young had to sprint half the pitch to get back (and eventually concede a corner) while de Gea was just standing still looking at Young's efforts.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
was good but almost fecked up the goal, lucky Suarez hit the post from freekick....

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Top class performance, again. Hope he stays for another year. His presence is priceless, even 50m from his sale won't get us what he can by staying - trophies. I really really hope he signs an extension, though. That would the signing of the summer for me.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Time for Woody to get the finger out, make De Gea an offer he cant refuse. A nice bonus for signing a new contract and make him the top paid player at the club.

Sam

Time for Woody to get the finger out, make De Gea an offer he cant refuse. A nice bonus for signing a new contract and make him the top paid player at the club.
I'd imagine he's done all of that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He showed why he's worth much more than 25mn Euros or so. LVG is right to keep him and let him go for free

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's not very keen on moving outside the six-yard box, is he? There was a point in tonight's game where Young tackled the ball from Pedro (I think) toward our goalline. Young had to sprint half the pitch to get back (and eventually concede a corner) while de Gea was just standing still looking at Young's efforts.
Definitely the biggest flaw in his game. Probably his only significant flaw. Totally glued to his line. Defenders are usually screaming at him to come wide and show for a pass, or come out and claim a ball which he should be cleaning up no problem. If he nails that part of his game, then there'll be nobody better than him in the world.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Definitely the biggest flaw in his game. Probably his only significant flaw. Totally glued to his line. Defenders are usually screaming at him to come wide and show for a pass, or come out and claim a ball which he should be cleaning up no problem. If he nails that part of his game, then there'll be nobody better than him in the world.
He had perfected that during the season I felt, but this was his first game in pre season, off the back of a back injury apparently, so he probably wasn't totally comfortable playing libero and maybe wanted to limit his movement to a minimum. I think he's actually quite good as a sweeper on the basis of what we saw last year.

FromTheBench

He's been having a poor game.

Should have been directly responsible for 2 goals. Though Zlatan let him off once.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Doesn't sound great. Hopefully we keep him, would be annoying to give into Madrid especially after they just renewed Ramos. Would make us look like mugs if we sold now.

khoazany

Doesn't sound great. Hopefully we keep him, would be annoying to give into Madrid especially after they just renewed Ramos. Would make us look like mugs if we sold now.
Can't help but think he's pressuring the club to sell.Didn't look like him today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I was sure that he will leave and I think today pretty much sealed the deal.
Personally thought he'd be staying for another year but after today I don't know anymore. Hopefully he doesn't go, will be really annoying for us if we do sell him.

sport2793

We have to sell him if he's going to continue to play like that. It's a real shame that we will end up losing to RM once again.

kps88

This is the problem with keeping a player who wants to leave, particularly a GK. Every time he messes up people will say it's because he doesn't care and the pressure on him will keep increasing. Not the sort of environment you need to succeed.

Bojan11

Strange criticism of him.

He was great against Barca. Also at times last season and over his career he has been hesitant about coming out. Second half of last season he improved that.

Rednotdead

He needs to be gone, both for himself and the club. Mentally he's not here and if we keep him simply for the purpose of Woodward waving his cock at RM things won't improve throughout the season. He'll then walk away for nothing at the end of the season and that will be that. This is currently a lose-lose situation, Woodward needs to face reality.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I say Woodward do not back down. It's just too bad but I have no sympathy for Dave. Put his ass on the bench if he wants to sulk/is mentally not here, and let it sink in that he's blowing his Euro 2016 chances whilst he's sat there.

Should have done the right and sensible thing by signing the contract and giving RM no option but to pay up. He's brought this on himself and I do not want us caving in.

Esquire

Can't help but think he's pressuring the club to sell.Didn't look like him today.
The issue is whether we want to be pushed by RM again. I don't mind he had a bad game (it's preseason), because he has been utterly professional throughout the off season and this tour. Look, his head is obviously screwed up. That said, when he knows that the transfer window is closed and he is still here, he knows he needs to play well to secure that move to Madrid and be the no.1 for his national team for the Euros (Suarez, the consumate turncoat after all Liverpool did for him, still played hard and sucked it up for one more year before he got his wish to go to Barca). Perhaps the board (like some others here) is saying to Ed to get real and get some money back from RM instead of letting him go free next year. But, imo, that makes us a joke and a bitch for RM once again...

the hea

I'd rather have him sitting on the bench for U21s for a year and loosing him for free next summer than giving in to Real and their lowball offers.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
MaMaybe he just had a bad game?
I tend to agree. However, it doesnt really make sense to keep him if he wants out badly. Only if he says "fine I stay for another season" it makes sense to keep him. But then again, we shouldnt give in to RM either. Tricky situation

Sparky Rhiwabon

I tend to agree. However, it doesnt really make sense to keep him if he wants out badly. Only if he says "fine I stay for another season" it makes sense to keep him. But then again, we shouldnt give in to RM either. Tricky situation
Yes, he's not going to be very motivated this year if he doesn't want to be at the club

Bwuk

If he doesn't want to be here I'd sell him.

I don't understand the sense in keeping him for a year to lose out on £20m odd. Granted if his contract was longer he'd be worth more, but it isn't.

We should of been after Cech.

prath92

He could do nothing with the second goal. First goal he was in two minds probably about whether to come out of his line or not. Jones and Shaw were closing him they failed and he was too late in coming out. He made a pass straight to ibra in the 2nd minute who shot it high.

Other than this, I thought he was fine. Johnstone came for getting a few minutes under his belt for the next 45. He didn't look like he didn't care.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It's becoming frustrating, in the club point of view.

We train a player who wants to leave, giving him too much time and consideration. The club is always bigger than individuals. At least he's no forcing anything like the Argentinian's tw**. These two issues are worrying and sending a very bad image of our club of unhappy players

We should sell DDG, lower our fee to 30M€, letting us the time to recruit somebody quickly whether its Cillessen, Leno or Lloris.

Ixion

Once we play him in Europe or the transfer window closes and he knows it's not happening he'll sort himself out and concentrate on the rest of the season.

fatboy

Once he gets his head round the idea that he won't be joining Real this season, it'll be in his interest to do well. And I think he will.

LvG should just sit him down and explain to him (hopefully with a translator) that the club has decided to forego whatever transfer fee in exchange for one more good season from him.

King_Eric

His game against Barcelona was really good though. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from his performance yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.