Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosec

Doesn't matter how bad he performs, we can't let him go now without looking like idiots, nobody will take us serious again if we do. It's a matter of principle now.

If he can't stay focused put him on the bench and play someone else.

ZDwyr

I thought it was just a bad game to be honest. He was fine against Barcelona? I'm sure once the season starts he will perform to his optimum level. He'll be in Madrid sooner rather than later anyway, can't see why it would bother him for too much longer.

Doesn't matter how bad he performs, we can't let him go now without looking like idiots, nobody will take us serious again if we do. It's a matter of principle now.

If he can't stay focused put him on the bench and play someone else.
Not if we get the asking price for him. It'll be a win if we do, sticking two fingers up at Madrid.

prath92

That's almost €40m. I don't believe that Madrid suddenly believe that they need him no matter what especially when they have not conceded yet

C'est Moi Cantona

This would be awful to let him go now, Madrid can't just string it along all summer then expect to get him at the last minute, hope we tell them to get lost.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Can't believe I'm saying this but if the €40 million reports are to be believed, we should definitely sell him now rather than pay his wages for another year, lose out on the transfer fee, have him sit on the bench (the trainer coach's stubbornness on matters of principle knows no bounds), and watch him sign a pre-contract halfway through the season. The relationship between David and Louis seems fractured beyond repair to be honest, so odds are firmly in the non-extension camp. As for the defense, it does look more secure with defensively proficient fullbacks, Schneiderlin will shield them from midfield, and Romero might make a couple of mistakes, but it wouldn't exactly cost us the season. Don't believe he's as indispensable to the team now as he was last season.

Revan

Assumptionman
Can't believe I'm saying this but if the €40 million reports are to be believed, we should definitely sell him now rather than pay his wages for another year, lose out on the transfer fee, have him sit on the bench (the trainer coach's stubbornness on matters of principle knows no bounds), and watch him sign a pre-contract halfway through the season. The relationship between David and Louis seems fractured beyond repair to be honest, so odds are firmly in the non-extension camp. As for the defense, it does look more secure with defensively proficient fullbacks, Schneiderlin will shield them from midfield, and Romero might make a couple of mistakes, but it wouldn't exactly cost us the season. Don't believe he's as indispensable to the team now as he was last season.
Yep. Add the wages there and we are talking for a loss of around 45m euros (33m pounds or so). A big amount of money to lose for a single season, especially without guarantee that he'll play; or that he'll play that good.

In the other side, I would like us to do a Wenger and to ask Madrid for an another 4m or so, just to make it a transfer record. It would be easily to get it, Real Madrid loves to break transfer records and when they'll understand that they are near it, they'll just add the money.

itso 7

You are talking a lot of sense but I don't entirely trust Blind and Romero in that defense, I fear that both are one nightmare performance from having their confidence shattered and us truly fecked. But if Van Gaal has another GK in mind, not that Dutch lad, then yeah get DDG the feck out of this club both for his and our good because LVG is not playing him again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This would be awful to let him go now, Madrid can't just string it along all summer then expect to get him at the last minute, hope we tell them to get lost.
30m are 30m. We should have lined in for a new goalkeeper long ago

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
You are talking a lot of sense but I don't entirely trust Blind and Romero in that defense, I fear that both are one nightmare performance from having their confidence shattered and us truly fecked. But if Van Gaal has another GK in mind, not that Dutch lad, then yeah get DDG the feck out of this club both for his and our good because LVG is not playing him again.
Perhaps.

But I don't really share that view on Romero (understand that's not the most popular opinion). Really believe he is good enough as a one season stopgap provided the defensive line holds up and restricts a high volume of direct shots on target (which it has so far, albeit against weaker opposition). That should ideally give us enough time to whittle down the last of targets and sign a new long term (hopefully) keeper come January or the summer transfer window, not really convinced with Cilessen either. The assessment of Blind I kind of agree with. He might have a torrid time against some of the more physical strikers in the league, but then again, he has kind of dis-proven our skepticism so far (long maybe it continue :)) and operates as Van Gaal's brain from the back. I'm also a believer in Rojo, who is more athletic and can form a good partnership with Smalling, and doesn't shy away from physical contact. That said, you'r right it only takes a couple of games for everything to fall apart, Smalling is the glue that holds the defense together this season. God forbid he goes down injured, might cause an adverse domino effect.

fallengt

29m is not far off the price we're asking for. Accept it and move on
De Gea is a rare talent but his mind is elsewhere. he won't be missed here.

Angelinho

The club will have known this was very likely to happen, and will surely have a contingency plan in place. The fee touted sends a message to Real that we will not be pushed around in future.
A season of DDG at his peak, might be worth turning down a significant sum for. But if his mind is elsewhere, there is no guarantee that he would return to last season's form.

Ixion

Seeing Romero play yesterday and John Stones for Everton on Saturday made me wonder why we've had DDG benched all month. Stone's even submitted a transfer request which DDG hasn't done yet he was still picked and played well on Saturday. DDG would have done his job professionally all month.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Seeing Romero play yesterday and John Stones for Everton on Saturday made me wonder why we've had DDG benched all month. Stone's even submitted a transfer request which DDG hasn't done yet he was still picked and played well on Saturday. DDG would have done his job professionally all month.
I have thought the same. Just fecking play him. Guaranteed we wouldn't have lost yesterday if he played.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I have thought the same. Just fecking play him. Guaranteed we wouldn't have lost yesterday if he played.
He definitely would've stopped the second one, and I'm not sure he'd have conceded the first. Romero is pretty brutal, I really hope we resolve the issue soon.

I don't think there'll be a problem if we keep him, I think he'll perform fine this year. The Euros are at the end of the year, and if he wants to cement his place in the Spanish team, he's going to have to have a very good season.

Devil may care

LvG and Giggs need to set a meeting with him and get his head on right, we are going to need him this season.

Hed Zitin

He'll be a big reason why we are in the CL next season. Hopefully the CM will help him do less.

I expect 1-0's, 2-1's, 1-1's and 0-0's galore. He'll be the difference in keeping that one goal advantage or keeping a draw.

roykeane19

All I`m saying is what a cnut this guy is, youre at a top club, getting the highest wages any GK will get, have 75k fans at home every match, what else do you want

roykeane19

To live with your girlfriend in your home town where you were brought up.
Im pretty sure singers and footballers like them dont wait months to meet up and have bang bang time, most are in "open relationships" and do what they want. Theres hundreds of footballers playing in leagues not in their home country, theres also alot of spanish players in the Pl for a while now, this "homesick" thing is very naive and oversimplistic, that he just wants to be home

lem8sh

Im pretty sure singers and footballers like them dont wait months to meet up and have bang bang time, most are in "open relationships" and do what they want. Theres hundreds of footballers playing in leagues not in their home country, theres also alot of spanish players in the Pl for a while now, this "homesick" thing is very naive and oversimplistic, that he just wants to be home
That would all be valid if we knew the guy but we don't. He's probably not homesick but most definitely he'd prefer to live in Madrid and he'll be there soon enough and good luck to him if you ask me.

Ixion

All I`m saying is what a cnut this guy is, youre at a top club, getting the highest wages any GK will get, have 75k fans at home every match, what else do you want
He never handed in a transfer request and has hasn't publically said anything. Ronaldo compared himself to a slave when he wanted to leave. De Gea's behaviour has been fine and I'm sure he'll play well if selected.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The one thing LVG and Ed need to make clear to him is that we were willing to sell but Real fecked it up. A chance to show some man management ability. Hopefully he doesn't hold this all against us and is amenable a new contract with bigger wages and a reasonable release clause. Everyone's *almost* happy.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Yes because that's all there is to life. Wise up.

hp88

He's just too good of a player to drop, he will get some stick at the first game but supporters will get over it. He will leave on a free in the end but that's our fault for not tying him up with a long contract, can't really hate the guy for wanting to play for Madrid, it's not like he wants to sign for league rival like City or Chelsea.

ZDwyr

I just want to see him one more time at least. Just once more, making miraculous saves. He'll be off at the end of the season but Van Gaal better at least put him back in. He's our best GK by a long, long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.