g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prarek

Played 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet for Spain tonight away to Macedonia. Anyone watch the game and know how he did? Hopefully he looked sharp and it gives him more of a chance to start on Saturday.
Barely even touched the ball. Macedonia had no attack. They might as well have put no one on goal and Macedonia still wouldn't have scored.

David when he was a little boy.
Looks like Torres.

Trizy

Out of curiosity if Madrid back off from De Gea but he still wants to move to Spain would anyone here consider Claudio Brave from Barcelona? Brilliant keeper.

Or even Oblak from A.Madrid.

Out of curiosity if Madrid back off from De Gea but he still wants to move to Spain would anyone here consider Claudio Brave from Barcelona? Brilliant keeper.

Or even Oblak from A.Madrid.
I don't think there's the slightest possibility that he'll settle for A. Madrid at this stage of his career. He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and despite his quiet nature he didn't get where he is today by not being ambitious. The only clubs he'll leave us for are Real and maybe* Barca.

*Not meant as a slight to Barca, they will obviously dominate football for the coming years, but he seems intent on Madrid, not Barcelona.

Trizy

I don't think there's the slightest possibility that he'll settle for A. Madrid at this stage of his career. He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and despite his quiet nature he didn't get where he is today by not being ambitious. The only clubs he'll leave us for are Real and maybe* Barca.

*Not meant as a slight to Barca, they will obviously dominate football for the coming years, but he seems intent on Madrid, not Barcelona.
I agree 100% but I was just asking would people be happy enough with either keeper to replace him. Just curios, nothing more.

Trizy

That clip gave me goosebumps :drool: (Didn't hear it earlier in pub from United fans in fine voice)

Had a brilliant game, couple of brilliant saves and a pity to lose a clean sheet but what a goal it was.

8/10 performance, started exactly where he left off.

Devil may care

One nervy moment, couple of good saves and composed the rest of the time, great to have him back in goal.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Edurne, you gloryhunter!
Hmmmm. Bittersweet seeing that tweet. It's obvious she doesn't actually mean it fully, of course she'd want her boyfriend back in Spain with her.
Still, it definitely reflects well if she does it even so - so fair play to her.

Apart from one or two drunk moments, he was great. Good to have him back. Only beaten by a stunner from Benteke.

Empire

With him we can challenge for a trophy, this premier league could be a weird one with the strength of the midtable teams, they have bought well and now when behind and they have to attack they will be more dangerous than in previous seasons, De Gea's ability to win a match on his own and our stronger defence could be key.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
  • Should have saved Benteke's goal.
  • Almost conceded a goal due to a horrible throw and shit clearing.
  • Shit beard
  • Shit hair
  • Shit girlfriend
  • Flop

Reactions: Rado_N

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Felt he went with the wrong hand for the goal but is super-harsh given it was such a wonder strike. Benteke defo not good enough for us though...lol

Trizy

• Should have saved Benteke's goal.
  • Almost conceded a goal due to a horrible throw and shit clearing.
  • Shit beard
  • Shit hair
  • Shit girlfriend
  • Flop
I was actually thinking that, especially if he tried use both hands instead of his far reaching hand. A lot of power though so we'll let it slide.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody that says he should have saved Bentekes goal seriously has high hopes, the power it came at home and the unnatural curve made it very difficult to judge.

To be fair he got close to it, but I have no quarrels about that. He made some impressive saves throughout the game though which was pleasing to see, majority of his kicking was good apart from that 1 dodgy moment.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I don't think the comments would be so positive if Romero put in that performance.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I loved the save off the mishit, it was a tiny DDG is back moment.

Sylar

So happy to have him back. We gave him a huge ovation when his name was read out at the beginning (they announcer waited last to announce him haha).

His first touch was cheered, his first catch was cheered, and we chanted his name quite a bit. Big win having him this season.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The fact that he even dived for bentekes goal says a lot about his ability. He was quick to react and attempt a save even though most keepers would have just stood there watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.