Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Still think his reluctance to come off his line is the main flaw in his game. There were 3 occasions in the first half alone when a more aggressive mindset would have allowed him to deal with balls which ended up going out for corners or putting our defenders under unnecessary pressure.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Still think his reluctance to come off his line is the main flaw in his game. There were 3 occasions in the first half alone when a more aggressive mindset would have allowed him to deal with balls which ended up going out for corners or putting our defenders under unnecessary pressure.
Yep, one in particular was quite bad. It should have been obvious that it was his, and Smalling held off for as long as he possibly could before having to put it out for a corner. De Gea actually seems to be getting worse at it, I don't remember it being as much of an issue the last few years as what it has been this season.

Bobski

Yep, one in particular was quite bad. It should have been obvious that it was his, and Smalling held off for as long as he possibly could before having to put it out for a corner. De Gea actually seems to be getting worse at it, I don't remember it being as much of an issue the last few years as what it has been this season.

Communication might also be an issue here, so often you see a defender running back towards his goal uncertain if Dave is coming or not. Creates a nervous tension in the defense. I wish he did, one area where Neuer is clearly superior, can lead to mistakes and goals but at the time stops plenty. Even the second goal against Palace I thought he could have been more aggressive in coming out and closing Van Arnholt down.

Member 90678

Couldn't agree more.
My biggest problem with him is his reluctance to leave his line and command his box.
There is no better reaction/shot stopper in the world as good as De Gea, but I also think he is really poor at leaving his line to narrow angles and coming for balls, in fact I think he has gone backwards in that department.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
100%. When people criticise him or "not being a commanding goalkeeper" this is what they mean.

He acts so timid sometimes which is strange, some keepers are the other way around and come flying out at every opportunity, but dave seems glued to his line.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He actually has a big decision to make this summer. I don't see us doing much in the near future and he's now in his prime.

SteveW

Awful for the second goal. That's a couple of howlers in recent games. Strange from him

Unam333

He has a decision to make during the summer. I don’t see us challenging for the big trophies for the next 3 years.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Hopefully he goes in the summer.....he is three level above any of his team-mates......he deserves more!!!!!!
Why would you want our best player to leave? You his fecking mate or something? I don’t care what’s best for him I care what’s best for United and I can’t be arsed adding to our problems with a shite keeper in net.

Number1

He has a decision to make during the summer. I don’t see us challenging for the big trophies for the next 3 years.
I agree, i wouldn't stay here if i was him, he has no ties to the club and could be no1 for any club in the world, i don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for United, espcially with Jose in charge.

thejtrain

He actually has a big decision to make this summer. I don't see us doing much in the near future and he's now in his prime.
Absolutely. I would leave if I was him. Regardless of how good he is, he will still be judged by the trophies when he's done, so it would make sense for him to make the move in his prime.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I really hope he stays but I wouldn’t begrudge him if he leaves. Deserves better than the shit we’ve been serving up since SAF left.

Rasfene

For the second goal, ddg would rather let the ball go sideways than appear like a clown and parry the ball in front of him.

Ddg should have eaten more and that will give him enough energy to parry the ball.

peridigm

He's gone to Madrid after that.
I have always remained calm about his situation but I think this Summer is it.
Absolutely. I would leave if I was him. Regardless of how good he is, he will still be judged by the trophies when he's done, so it would make sense for him to make the move in his prime.
If I were him I'd probably leave this summer.
Pretty much sums it up and this is only in the last 10 posts.

Roboc7

We won’t compete for title next season and will only win champions league by fluking it and parking the bus so you couldn’t blame him for leaving in the summer.

He deserves to play for a better team and should go to Madrid.

Lyricist

Tried to tip the ball over the bar for the second goal but misstimed it which was why it went in. It wasn't an easy reflex save to make but he could've certainly parried it back into play had he not attempted to clear the situation right away. He was quick enough to react in order to just parry it.

That said, the result obviously isn't his fault.

arnie_ni

For the second goal, ddg would rather let the ball go sideways than appear like a clown and parry the ball in front of him.

Ddg should have eaten more and that will give him enough energy to parry the ball.
Say what?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I want to say I’m knee jerking, but his ‘ffs’ expression read as a ‘I need to leave this shithole immediately’ kind of thought.

I think we’ve showcased our current ceiling. The bloke looked visibly disturbed.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he possibly could've done better on the second goal. He looked totally disillusioned at the end.

Lyricist

:lol:

What could he do better against that header from 3 yards?
He was quick to react to it but decided to try and tip it over the bar instead of palming it back into play. Used his right hand to shovel it upwards and over instead of simply blocking it with his left or even both. He didn't get the timing right though which is why it ended up going in a bit awkwardly. He only had a split second to react so it's not necessarily a ball he had to save. I'd much rather want to know what Bailly was doing at the near post instead of staying with his man. But based on his quick reaction the ball didn't necessarily need to go in even from that distance. He tried to do the smart thing instead of the simpler thing and it didn't come off this time.

Rasfene

:lol:

What could he do better against that header from 3 yards?
But what came before the header?

Could more corners be prevented?

Could Ddg have stepped off his line and claim/punch the ball out before the header even came. Towering goalkeeper like Neuer or Kahn can do that.

Or with their sheer body size and strength, they can parry the ball in front instead of letting the ball slip past the line like what ddg did today.

Jaybomb

That second goal was irrelevant. We would have gone out at 1-1 which arguably would have been more sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.