Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Made 2 great saves and had his share in the win. Great start to the season and puts behind his back what happened by the end of the last one.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good game. Looked comfortable being part of the passing at the back and where to be to be available for a pass. Very few aimless hoofs and scuffs into touch.

AJ10

Made some good saves, Looked comfortable with the ball at his feet and a clean sheet.:devil:

criticalanalysis

Any stats on his distribution today?
Generally quite good.

This was a Chelsea that was good and very technical in possession but lacked a lot of experience and physicality so it was 'easy' to play against that.

I'm expecting a lot more sterner tests from other teams but based on one game, encouraging.

Nothing needs to be said about his saves and ball handling. Standard De God.

Red00012

So he’s not past his past and in decline I take it ?
This thread is very quiet the anti De Gea brigade must be offline!

Web of Bissaka

Wouldn't say he's back to his back yet (just one game), who knows next game.

:devil: This is his normal level of good keeping. In addition to better possession play at the back from having way better teammates in front of him.

Chelsea lack clinical finishing today, which also helps a lot.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Looked on top of his game and he'll need to be judging on how easily we were opened up. A very strange game where we won 4-0 but he was by far the busier keeper.

RooneyLegend

Happy he looks back on it. Its amazing how much hate he received for the end of last season despite all he's done here.

RooneyLegend

Hes always had great ability with his feet, he's just got a limited range. Asking him to pass it upfield accurately never ends well. Eerily similar to Buffon in that sense.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's sad that he will have to wear such embarrassing abortions of kits this year, hopefully they will be the low points of the season for him! They are as bad as the GK kits his first season, the ones where it looked like his armpits were vomiting diagonal horseshit.

meamth

It's sad that he will have to wear such embarrassing abortions of kits this year, hopefully they will be the low points of the season for him! They are as bad as the GK kits his first season, the ones where it looked like his armpits were vomiting diagonal horseshit.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shimo

Has he signed the contract yet?
Not that I have seen even though during the game they kept saying how he has committed his future to us (at least on the US broadcast). Think maybe they lost the memo after the supposed break through where he was about to sign a new contract - it actually never happened.

Francis Abernathy

I have a feeling he won't sign a new contract until the European transfer window closes, he'll keep his options open until then.

I don't think he'll get a better/matching offer so I'd bet his new contract will be announced in mid September. I'm not sure a 5 year contract on a huge salary is a great idea, it could be a very expensive mistake.

buckooo1978

hes going to walk next Summer isnt he

cant understand why he hasn't signed if he was intending on committing

buckooo1978

I think new contracts and stuff would probably be announced during the first international break. That was the case last time with him. Fingers crossed.
that sounds a lot like wishful thinking on your part but I'm hoping you are right

if De Gea walked we're talking Romero or 80m+ for a new keeper

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If he doesn't want to buy in then he can go now for me. As much as he's been brilliant it would go against everything Ole is trying to build.

Romero/Henderson would do me next year if we get the right midfielders and a striker if needed in.

The defence is already looking better there are more important positions to fill if he wants to go.

Wolves 1:1 Man Utd

Sylar

Absolutely no chance for the header that hit the post or the actual goal. In fact for the goal, I think he got as close to it as possible, given how perfectly placed it was.

Other than that, did he have much else to do? I do see were trying to play out the back more and I reckon he has more faith in Maguire and Lindelof for that.

kiristao

His ball distribution with his feet seems to have improved quite a bit. He was very good when he joined United but for the last few years seemed to have forgotten how to kick a ball properly. Also, I am very happy to see him come to the edge of the box to help out the CB's when a through ball is played. For far too long he used to hang back and let the CB's deal with such situations.

Sea-Cow

Am I high for thinking he should be saving that?

I think peak DDG saves that easily. Same thing with that shot against Milan a few weeks ago from Suso I think, there is no way that should be getting past him.

I don't know whats happened to him, but he has regressed slightly in his shot-saving. He has improved in other areas though, so its not all bad.

UncleBob

I think peak DDG saves that easily. Same thing with that shot against Milan a few weeks ago from Suso I think, there is no way that should be getting past him.

I don't know whats happened to him, but he has regressed slightly in his shot-saving. He has improved in other areas though, so its not all bad.
I wouldn't say high, but there's quite a few references to certain mental handicaps that i'd be tempted to suggest instead.

Sea-Cow

I wouldn't say high, but there's quite a few references to certain mental handicaps that i'd be tempted to suggest instead.
Haha maybe a little of both then.

I still think he should save it!

Adamsk7

Should he have saved it? No.
Is he capable? Yes, but he saves it probably one in every 10 times if it goes in exactly the same place. The fact that he wasn’t far away anyway was pretty ridiculous.

I thought the save off the post was amazing. It came back at him and you see him flick his shoulder in a way that the ball doesn’t go back towards the goal line but away from it.

VJ1762

Our Dave subtly making himself the team's captain. Nice to see that our players are supporting each other and speaking out against racism.

criticalanalysis

Me too. I thought he should have saved Coutinho's goal at Camp Nou.

It's not his agility that's regressed, I just think his feet movement is too static.

He seems to be on his heels (or backfoot) and therefore he's jumping or diving from that same spot so he's not getting any leverage to get across the goal. He's needs to be on his toes so he can make stutter steps to push off from either feet.

I'll say it quietly but it's a bit Joe Hart-esque. Jumping/diving on your heels means you're reacting to the shot and not actually trying to protect the goal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I actually thought the Neves shot was saveable. It wasn't close to the corner and wasn't struck with power at all. De Gea was slow to react IMO.

AceUnited

The fact that he has not signed the contract is starting to worry me. He is in his final year of his contract and if he does not sign it means that he can leave for free and it will screw us over big time.

He has gotten the Captaincy that he wanted and a huge raise has been offered, so what is the hold up?

He needs to sign the contract right away or be benched. Please don't get me wrong, I want him to stay but we can not let players push us around like that.

UncleBob

I actually thought the Neves shot was saveable. It wasn't close to the corner and wasn't struck with power at all. De Gea was slow to react IMO.

Jesus christ, anyone that actually believes the shot should've been saved needs to pull their heads out of their fecking fifa arses.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Jesus christ, anyone that actually believes the shot should've been saved needs to pull their heads out of their fecking fifa arses.
Calm down Bob I know you're a fan boy but no need to get childish.

Watch De Gea when Neves shoots carefully and IMO he's slow to move his feet which is the reason we concede that goal. That shot wasn't in the corner and was saveable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.