Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB7

Wasn't it because of Rashford injury or do you mean a different one?
No idea in truth, that was just the overriding thing about his game that was discussed after the game. That would make more sense though surely.

Last edited:

Longshanks

I think you're underrating that pass. It was gorgeous.
It was a good pass and De Gea largely had an good if uneventful game.

However that pass when made by the top ball playing GK's is hit much flatter making it much easier for the attacking player to take in there stride, see the way it drops out of the sky and bounces up forcing Anthony to check his run which gave the defender time to cramp him for space and Anthony never really got the angle he wanted because of it. Small details but they make a big difference.

Also early in the second half when Everton put a high press on and we sent it back to him under a little pressure, he just dumped it into midifield and it came straight back. Again small details but they make a big difference.

But like I say overall fine performance today no real complaints.

PSV

He's now leading the "race" for the golden glove. Would be nice to win it.

Contrary to what people believe he's been one of the best goalkeepers this season.

arnie_ni

No mention of him passing the ball straight out of play because he didn't know what to do with it? :lol:
When rashford was injured to get the sub made? Didn't they give us the ball back

Mmm-Qatarian

It was another very good game from De Gea, albeit not the most difficult one for either him or the defence.

RVN1991

When rashford was injured to get the sub made? Didn't they give us the ball back

They're clinging to absolutely anything now. Criticism for knocking the ball out of play for an injured teammate. Embarrassing.

Cantonalegod

Contrary to what people believe he's been one of the best goalkeepers this season.
Yeah, but you know the haters will say it has nothing to do with him if he wins it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

But but but....he kicked the ball out of play in one moment during the game.

JB7

They're clinging to absolutely anything now. Criticism for knocking the ball out of play for an injured teammate. Embarrassing.
Already said before if wrong I take it back, it was being discussed on the way back to the tram after. If it was when someone was down no issue whatsoever; at the time a hell of a lot of people were like “WTF”. No dramas.

Olecurls99

It's not on the 90in20 package for some strange reason. I remember it leading to a good chance for Antony.

Can somebody post it if they find it?

I am his biggest critic and I want him gone due to his inability to catch a high ball but he was outstanding yesterday on the ball vs Everton.

Some of his passing was sensational. Never thought he had it in him. The one to put Antony in was Ederson-esque.

Gaidal

He has to shout that Jesus is behind Malacia, still really poor from Malacia, but De Gea can see him coming.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'd love to know if he told Malacia of the threat. You could see him yelling at De Gea afterwards, but he could just have been angry at himself.

We know what Dave is. If he stays, he'll be on less money, and we can address bigger problems this summer. But he is a problem.

Based Adnan

When you're under pressure and need some composure on the ball he'll always let you down

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd love to know if he told Malacia of the threat. You could see him yelling at De Gea afterwards, but he could just have been angry at himself.

We know what Dave is. If he stays, he'll be on less money, and we can address bigger problems this summer. But he is a problem.
Commentator said you could hear De Gea shout away but Malacia seemed to ignore it.

arnie_ni

He screamed "away" you could hear it live.

CoopersDream

Some loose kicks, but also some good ones (nowhere near as bad some would make it out, and certainly not the reason we were under pressure for parts of the game). Could do nothing about the goals, and one good save.

Swedish_Plumber

Kicking is so poor. Can’t be blamed for either goal though, absolutely dreadful from malacia and just sheer jammyness for the second.

arnie_ni

Damn, that's even worse from Malacia then. Oh well.
And to make it worse again elanga shouts and points at navas before the ball is even played. Look at his reaction when the goal goes in he's ripping because he told malacia the man was there

Status
Not open for further replies.