Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiva87

Good thing ETH has much more football knowledge than Davehate Cafe and will extend his contract. I guess he should also go manage Tennis? Haters are out in full force!
let’s see if that happens. He already came out and said that De Gea isn’t guaranteed to be his no 1 next season.

anyway - he cost us the cup again and on top of that his inactive/ defeatist attitude was on full display today.

even in the 93rd min when Fred won the ball back - you can see him screaming at De Gea to run - collect the ball and start one last attack.

our GK is rooted to the middle of the goal and ball watching. Horrendous

Kag

He’s shite. Really, really properly shite.

How anyone can watch City’s reserve goalkeeper play like that today and still not see it is beyond me.

Eric_the_Red99

Can only think those that still somehow rate him are more concerned with their favourites playing rather than what's best for the club moving forward
That’s an issue with modern, social media-obsessed internet football ‘fans’ in general. They support individual players rather than teams. It’s become very apparent in the Caf in recent years.

SER19

That really should be the end of a fantastic spell at united. A great servant and player, but city's sub goalkeeper is miles ahead of him with ball at feet

Lentwood

Very ironic, because Dave hate posts actually look like written by a 12 year old.

Maybe you missed "hate" "despise" and other childish posts towards our long serving player. So yes, haters.
The club drive us to this because gross mismanagement down the years leads those of us with a bit of football knowledge to feel like we're going stark raving bonkers. The problems are so evident and so easily fixed but we ignore them.

DDG has been one of the worst, if not the worst, goalkeepers in the Premier League for the last 2/3 seasons. Yet because the club gave him a ridiculous contract and he was good once we have to sit and watch him deteriorate in front of our eyes and cost us game after game - all whilst people tell us what a great shot-stopper he is.

We did the same with Rooney. I absolutely loved Rooney, but by the end I was sick of the sight of him. Should have been gone three seasons before he finally left. Again, we gave him a massive contract and had to sit and listen to folk make excuses for him when he could barely move or make a pass.

Leg-End

He’s shite. Really, really

How can anyone watch City’s reserve goalkeeper play like that today and still not see it.
Football has bypassed this type of GK, I just hope we are willing to admit that sooner rather than later.

Pickle85

City played better than us. But not significantly. The first goal I have no qualms about- it happens. The second is a terrible mistake. Let's ignore both of them - every time we got the ball back and needed to play out from the back he lost us the ball. City's 2nd choice goalkeeper was far superior to ours today. Is that acceptable?
So do you agree that the tweet that you quoted, of gundogan having an xg of 0.05 goals, is in no way representative of his actual contribution?

When you say city's second choice was far superior, I don't see it. I dont remember an imoressive save he made, unless i am missing something? City are better drilled outfield and better players so it's no wonder that he was able to play from the back easier.

Varun

Staff
Amazing servant to the club but his time has been up for ages.

Shot stopping has dropped off a cliff. Can't pass the ball and makes building up from the back impossible.

Need a new #1.

kundalini

I'm surprised he didn't dive for Gundogan's first goal, even if he didn't get near it, at least do the maximum.

Kicking was usual garbage, giving away possession time after time.

A couple of decent saves.

Gundogan's 2nd went through Varane and another United player so De Gea won't have seen it until very late. His starting position looked wrong to me as he was stood in the centre of the goal, while Gundogan's shot was coming from a slight angle, so De Gea should have been slightly to that side.

De Gea is out of contract in the summer. I don't even understand why United would want to offer him a new deal. He is such a poor match for the rest of the team.

Last edited:

evil_geko

Do you have faith in DDG to be a starter or extend to be a back up?
Both, he is not as big of a problem as many paint it to be. If we strengthen in other positions this summer, we are more than good to go even with him starting.

IWat

Both, he is not as big of a problem as many paint it to be. If we strengthen in other positions this summer, we are more than good to go even with him starting.
On his wages he cannot be a backup. His distribution was shocking and if that's going to be the case then he needs to be saving that 2nd 9/10.

Milo2035

We played with 10 men basically but still gave a good fight. I don't think any manager in the world can adapt to De Gea and achieve what Ten Hag did this season. In Erik we trust !

Ace of Spades

let’s see if that happens. He already came out and said that De Gea isn’t guaranteed to be his no 1 next season.

anyway - he cost us the cup again and on top of that his inactive/ defeatist attitude was on full display today.

even in the 93rd min when Fred won the ball back - you can see him screaming at De Gea to run - collect the ball and start one last attack.

I remember that as well. fecking move off the line and collect the ball ffs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would that stop his aimless punting of the ball where we lose possession?

DavelinaJolie

Watching the ball roll into the area in slow motion, while he stood rooted to his line, I had time to scream three times for him to get it.

I just hope that next there isn't a performance thread for him with the same back and forth motion between decent games and people saying he's an elite shot stopper so needs to stay, to howlers and terrible kicking performances where the issue is so obvious that you'd be blind to not see it. He shouldn't be starting for Utd anymore, we need to do better at the position.

Based Adnan

Schmeichel on BBC saying his positioning was poor for their winner. Unsaveable though...

evil_geko

Would that stop his aimless punting of the ball where we lose possession?
There wouldn't be punting if we are actually strong enough to carry the ball from the back. I didn't see City GK punts to be much more accurate did I.

Idxomer

People are talking about the goals which is fair but he had 4 or 5 chances to sweep and stayed rooted on his line. This stuff with his passing is far worse long-term than whether he could've saved the goals or not.

Winrar

I'm leaning towards GK being our priority #0 for next season.

I appreciate DDG's service here but going forward we need someone who doesn't cost us in important matches like this. I don't think he's the type of GK that ETH wants in his system, either.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I'm going to enjoy the day when he's finally binned, and he can take his fanboys with him. Call me petty, I don't really care, he's the worst keeper in the league and has been for years.

Asger

He’s shite. Really, really properly shite.

How anyone can watch City’s reserve goalkeeper play like that today and still not see it is beyond me.
Play like what? He had nothing to do because Rashford and other attackers were shit today.

3KDré

So do you agree that the tweet that you quoted, of gundogan having an xg of 0.05 goals, is in no way representative of his actual contribution?

When you say city's second choice was far superior, I don't see it. I dont remember an imoressive save he made, unless i am missing something? City are better drilled outfield and better players so it's no wonder that he was able to play from the back easier.

And there lies the problem, my friend. I really don't see how you can't see it.
Their goalkeeper misplaced 1/10 pass. Ours: 1/2. Not only that but the selection of passes were far superior, let alone the weighting of all the passes. I mean, seriously, you watched the game and thought that there was no difference between the keepers?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There wouldn't be punting if we are actually strong enough to carry the ball from the back. I didn't see City GK punts to be much more accurate did I.
Would better players also allow DDG to come off his line more often? Maybe play on the 18 yard box so the team can push higher up. Is DDG capable of that?

CM

Hopefully his final act as a United player. Cost us another big game with that second goal

CloneMC16

This pissed me off so much. If we renew him, this club doesn't know what it's doing.

izec

He is a massive issue. A striker, press resistant midfielder and GK are top priority all season already. If we dont get them in, we might as well stay at home.

De Gea to me is so past it and left behind, it is painful.

Longshanks

City can be more drilled because they trust there GK to play out precisely and cooly under pressure, and even when he went long it was largely on target putting it on De bruynes foot in the middle of the park or picking out haalands head perfectly for the first goal.

De Gea can't be trusted to play out cooly and preciously under pressure, we put ourselves into a nice shape to play out, De Gea shits the bed and just hoofs it in the very general direction of a forward.

That's city's second Keeper aswell by the way showing De Gea's distribution up.

The thing is aswell de Gea has to be the best shot stopper in the world to make up for it, but again today he showed he isn't. Should save the second, arguably should save the first of he is as good as some make him out to be.

Oranges038

Not set and way off his feet before both shots are hit.

First is a tough one, Gundogan hit it early, he wasn't set.

Should save the second.

Shouted away at a ball 3 feet away from him. That was nice.

Kicking was woeful.

Genuinely hope this was his last game, he's was good, isn't any more and just needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.