David De Gea | Free agent | Said his goodbyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

:lol: Someone posts a video of him making mistakes:

“You have an agenda against him!”

Mate, it’s literally what happened. He has made consistent howlers whenever the pressure has been on the team to get results. That’s not an agenda, that’s just how it’s been for years now.

You can say he’s been treated unfairly and that he deserves a send off or whatever but saying people have an agenda against him because they highlight his mistakes and how they’ve cost us is like saying you’ve got an agenda against Boris for saying he’s a self serving corrupt Tory prick.
Bang on. There is no agenda when it comes to De Gea. It’s just simply calling a spade a spade.

Renewing his contract now that it has actually ended would be one of greatest acts of self-harm I can recall a club doing when it comes to contracts. Hopefully we don’t.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

He has other things on his mind at the moment anyway.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I don't like the way this exit is going after such a great career here, he deserved a proper send off but at the end of the day it's just business. Just like De Gea threatened to leave for Madrid two or three times. Hope he gets a good opportunity elsewhere and we'll get Onana.

Dorris

Would be hilarious if Inter replace Onana with De Gea!
He wishes. There’s absolutely no way any decent team go for De Gea, yet the fanboys in here think we’re crazy to let him leave.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Meh I’m happy we are looking tougher.

Shame De Gea’s fax didn’t have emotions.

Nogho

Why is everyone making it the club’s fault. De Gea could have told the club he’s leaving after the season.
Media always love pecking on the club and everything is always the clubs fault. Sometimes the players and their agents are the real villains, specially when it comes to feeding the media stuff to earn more and more money.

ThanksBoss26

Still think there's a change he'll stay purely if the Glazers won't go ahead and release the funds for Onana.

If common sense prevails, I expect the departure will see him offered a testimonial for next summer and a chance to properly say farewell, which in my opinion would be well deserved (whilst acknowledging now is the right time for him to move on).

mu4c_20le

Mate, it’s literally what happened. He has made consistent howlers whenever the pressure has been on the team to get results. That’s not an agenda, that’s just how it’s been for years now.

You can say he’s been treated unfairly and that he deserves a send off or whatever but saying people have an agenda against him because they highlight his mistakes and how they’ve cost us is like saying you’ve got an agenda against Boris for saying he’s a self serving corrupt Tory prick.
You should be the last person to be talking about agendas tbh, feels like you've had it out for him for the last ten years.

https://www.redcafe.net/search/308884/?q=de+gea&c[users]=crossy1686&o=relevance

Probably harder to find an actual positive post about him.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

Until? You know his contract ending means diddly squat, right? He was free to sign with clubs abroad in January and he could have talked with any club in the world to sign from tomorrow but he hasn’t. He’s on holiday so he’ll either say he ain’t signing the new deal (why would he!) or we’ll communicate that we are moving on with someone else, which is exactly the same situation we were in yesterday.
This is an imaginary timer.
I'm perfectly aware that he could still sign new contract. But even if he does, it'll be on significantly reduced terms so I'm celebrating we've got rid of 375k a week De Gea and a definite number 1 De Gea. He'll most probably be neither of those things from now on. And possibly won't even be at United anymore.

Gandalf

Well he’s now out of contract, has been told all we will offer him is the #2 position on massively reduced wages, and yet he hasn’t signed for anyone else. Hardly screams of a player in high demand.
Plenty of players from the top 5 leagues are out of contract right now and not signed. If and when it is announced that he is not staying we will see what his market is but at this moment all parties are saying he is going to be discussing a potential new deal with United next week. It is highly likely he and his representatives have held preliminary talks with a new club, that nothing has been said in the media does not mean it has not happened.

edgecutter

Will be interesting to see who he signs with if he decides to stay in Europe and also the wages he receives. Doubt any Spanish clubs will go for him, he isn't highly rated there at all, and at best it will be a lower table club if he does get an offer.

SATA

Glad that he’s not our problem anymore. Good luck in your next adventure David, and hope you get a proper applause when you return to Old Trafford at the next opportunity

crossy1686

career ending
You should be the last person to be talking about agendas tbh, feels like you've had it out for him for the last ten years.

https://www.redcafe.net/search/308884/?q=de+gea&c[users]=crossy1686&o=relevance

Probably harder to find an actual positive post about him.
I've made absolutely no secret about wanting him gone since the Van Gaal days. I've never thought he was up to it for the reasons I've outlined previously, and others have outlined also. He's had his good days but he's not worth the trouble he puts on the team overall. There's no 'agenda' however, he just isn't good enough and every relevant stat backs that up.

mu4c_20le

I've made absolutely no secret about wanting him gone since the Van Gaal days. I've never thought he was up to it for the reasons I've outlined previously, and others have outlined also. He's had his good days but he's not worth the trouble he puts on the team overall. There's no 'agenda' however, he just isn't good enough and every relevant stat backs that up.
An agenda just means there's something you want, it's perfectly normal in most cases and not necessarily a bad thing. In the context of the other poster using the term though, I assume it just means that someof the criticism is over the top. For example, there's absolutely nothing wrong in your wanting him replaced, it's not even an unpopular opinion anymore. But whenever someone posts something positive about him, we can almost always rely on you to come around and correct things.

crossy1686

career ending
An agenda just means there's something you want, it's perfectly normal in most cases and not necessarily a bad thing. In the context of the other poster using the term though, I assume it just means that someof the criticism is over the top. For example, there's absolutely nothing wrong in your wanting him replaced, it's not even an unpopular opinion anymore. But whenever someone posts something positive about him, we can almost always rely on you to come around and correct things.
That's not true though is it? An agenda would suggest that people are unfairly or unreasonably finding reasons to give him shit, even if he's playing well. From what I've seen, the praise and criticisms of Dave have been largely inline with how he's been playing. The problem with De Gea is that he's divisive in his performances, like when we got knocked out by Sevilla, half the Caf blamed Maguire, the other half blamed De Gea, my stance is simply that without him in the team, daft shit like that doesn't happen, same goes for Maguire. We also all saw his piss poor distribution in the FA cup final, for me he cost us that game, others will find someone else to point the finger at I'm sure.

There's no agenda there, I know what I see and it seems most people see it too. I know what I want from a GK and if some are happy with De Gea today based on performances he put in 6/7 years ago then I'd suggest you're out of touch with where the game has progressed to.

It's shit that he looks to have been booted out without the chance to say goodbye but at the same time it's overdue by years and I have no doubt that having him in the goal next season could cost the manager his job. So for me it has to happen.

Again, no agenda there at all. Just saying it how it is and how it's played out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
That's not true though is it? An agenda would suggest that people are unfairly or unreasonably finding reasons to give him shit, even if he's playing well. From what I've seen, the praise and criticisms of Dave have been largely inline with how he's been playing. The problem with De Gea is that he's divisive in his performances, like when we got knocked out by Sevilla, half the Caf blamed Maguire, the other half blamed De Gea, my stance is simply that without him in the team, daft shit like that doesn't happen, same goes for Maguire. We also all saw his piss poor distribution in the FA cup final, for me he cost us that game, others will find someone else to point the finger at I'm sure.

There's no agenda there, I know what I see and it seems most people see it too. I know what I want from a GK and if some are happy with De Gea today based on performances he put in 6/7 years ago then I'd suggest you're out of touch with where the game has progressed to.

It's shit that he looks to have been booted out without the chance to say goodbye but at the same time it's overdue by years and I have no doubt that having him in the goal next season could cost the manager his job. So for me it has to happen.

Again, no agenda there at all. Just saying it how it is and how it's played out.
agree with you. His time is up. Yes he’s been crucial for us over the years and saved us some points but he’s massively declined over the past few years which as cost us points. Also the manager we now have wants to play modern football so he needs a modern keeper that is good playing out with his feet.

roseguy64

Why? There's some shockers in there!

He's responsible for at most one of those goals. I'm just really saying that people are being way too extra. Saw someone saying Man Utd have been released from a 12 year prison sentence. Ridiculous and doing too much.

bdspeedy

I get that we all want shiny new toys and the stim hits we get from them, but it's not his fault his wages were ridiculous. We are and have been run by inept carnival barkers for years. This nonsense that he's "Not good enough for the Premiere league" is rude and pathetic. Half this team isn't good enough and there are many players in the squad who are less good enough than de Gea.

crossy1686

career ending
He's responsible for at most one of those goals. I'm just really saying that people are being way too extra. Saw someone saying Man Utd have been released from a 12 year prison sentence. Ridiculous and doing too much.
People are extremists I'll give you that but don't bother rising to it, they'll be saying the same about another player this season and the one after. For some, once a player drops down to a certain level of performance they're done with them regardless of what happens after that.

I remember when McTomminay used to get absolutely battered after every game, despite being a sold 5 or 6/10, and it all started just because Mourinho kept picking him. Once someone has fallen that far, they need consistent 8 or 9/10's to get back on side and the problem with that is it very rarely happens.

roseguy64

People are extremists I'll give you that but don't bother rising to it, they'll be saying the same about another player this season and the one after. For some, once a player drops down to a certain level of performance they're done with them regardless of what happens after that.

I remember when McTomminay used to get absolutely battered after every game, despite being a sold 5 or 6/10, and it all started just because Mourinho kept picking him. Once someone has fallen that far, they need consistent 8 or 9/10's to get back on side and the problem with that is it very rarely happens.
You're absolutely right there.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

He has other things on his mind at the moment anyway.
The ceremony starts. Edurne begins her walk down the aisle in her flowing white dress. De Gea watches, mouth open, tears streaming down her face. Everyone in attendance stands as they also cry. Edurne, a flood of tears also, thinks the same as everyone else as she looks at Mata and says "That's one proper handsome fecker right there."

Remember the geese

I think he's part responsible for all of those goals. Some of them more than others. The first one perhaps the least, although other keepers would be punching that clear. All of the other goals though are a major failing on his part.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is like when WWE fired CM Punk on his wedding day.

If that tells us anything, Dave will be competing in UFC soon.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's at least partly at fault for all of them. A more commanding keeper likely clears both the first two, the third and fourth I don't blame him too much but he could have done better, and the fifth he really didn't spread himself well at all so minimised his chances of saving it.

Is he out-and-out 'responsible' for all of them? No. But they are situations that do highlight how his weaknesses do put us on the back foot in those situations.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The ceremony starts. Edurne begins her walk down the aisle in her flowing white dress. De Gea watches, mouth open, tears streaming down her face. Everyone in attendance stands as they also cry. Edurne, a flood of tears also, thinks the same as everyone else as she looks at Mata and says "That's one proper handsome fecker right there."
:lol: But then, I bet DDG's .... fingers are longer.

Sylar

As a free agent , I thought we would have heard about more offers for him especially the way some people went on about him in his performance thread.

Will be interesting to see who in Europe (If anybody) goes after him or if it will be like the Ronaldo situation (which is what I'm expecting)

davidmichael

As a free agent , I thought we would have heard about more offers for him especially the way some people went on about him in his performance thread.

Will be interesting to see who in Europe (If anybody) goes after him or if it will be like the Ronaldo situation (which is what I'm expecting)
Just says to me that clubs in Europe that could potentially afford to pay De Gea above £150K a week don’t see him as worth it even on a free and those that would take him can’t afford him at all, shows how mental that contract we gave De Gea really was but then nothing surprises me with our ‘management’ over the past decade.

edgecutter

It'll be a Saudi club that will take him. There will be few offers in Europe due to what De Dea will want wage wise. I honestly think De Gea thinks he is worth at least 200k a week, which is laughable considering his decline.

CannibalSpectre

Why is everyone making it the club’s fault. De Gea could have told the club he’s leaving after the season. Media always love pecking on the club and everything is always the clubs fault. Sometimes the players and their agents are the real villains, specially when it comes to feeding the media stuff to earn more and more money.
By all credible accounts the club offered De Gea new reduced terms and reneged on signing the contract after De Gea already signed his part. Seeing how poorly this club has conducted business in over a decade I'm more inclined to believe the version of events outlined above.

jadaba

Would Edurne accept a move to Saudi? If she thinks Manchester is ugly I think she'd be in for a shock if she lands in Riyadh.

PSV

Would Edurne accept a move to Saudi? If she thinks Manchester is ugly I think she'd be in for a shock if she lands in Riyadh.
Why do you think he just got married? :yawn:

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
With Jones leaving too, am I right in thinking that there are none of SAF’s final squad left at the club? Truly the end of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.